And now from Charlotte

Home Forums All StateFansNation And now from Charlotte

Viewing 11 posts - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

No, don’t you understand, babies born out of wedlock because of the sexual revolution in the US are the reason an unarmed, mentally ill man from Uganda was shot in San Diego. It’s the butterfly effect man.

Love some n=1.

The ultimate default position.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

The more interesting angle is how some groups are allowed a collective identity and others are not.

I can’t help but be reminded a bit of the lecturing on white mob violence of the 19th and early 20th century when an accusation of rape was lodged at a black man. More we are told so than not, the facts of the case were never heard and an innocent life was taken. The evil, we are told, was a collective identity ready to defend the group regardless of facts and rational discourse.

Now notice the aforementioned pattern playing out today, a shooting takes place and the facts of a case aren’t mentioned, the response is a collective action against the civil authorities. Yet one group is taught to think individually, to do otherwise is racism while the other group is allowed the idea that an attack on one is an attack on all.

Also notice the slow creep up in violent crime the last several years. The slow indicators are out there that the police will not fulfill their duties for fear of lawsuits and cries of racism.

McCallum

ncsu1987
    Participant

Also notice the slow creep up in violent crime the last several years. The slow indicators are out there that the police will not fulfill their duties for fear of lawsuits and cries of racism.

Just curious if there’s a source to back this up?

Didn’t have a lot of time, but pulled latest FBI violent crime data:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/table-1

From the page, definition of violent crime:

The violent crime figures include the offenses of murder, rape (legacy definition), robbery, and aggravated assault.

Based on the data, we can visualize as:

violent crime rate

Yes, there is an uptick in rate for 2015, but there have been previous upticks that did not alter the overall downward trend. I certainly see nothing that shows me “…slow creep up in violent crime the last several years”.

Do you have a better source than the FBI’s database?

StateRed44
    Participant

excellent points McCallum

Fastback68
    Participant

Some pertinent details are emerging about Mr. Scott. From page 15A on Wednesday to page 6A today. Will they ever hit front page??

McCallum
    Participant

NCSU1987,

I should have clarfied that the most prone to violence are seeing an upswing.

Ether, North Carolina is as non violent as ever.

McCallum

ncsu1987
    Participant

NCSU1987,

I should have clarfied that the most prone to violence are seeing an upswing.

Ether, North Carolina is as non violent as ever.

McCallum

Ah, I take your meaning. Thanks for the clarification.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

hey guyz! whats going on in here?

Adventuroo
    Participant

Some additional reading, from that Vast Right Wing Publication….The NYT and also from the FBI and ABC News. I guess that too many of the FBI’s resources were consumed on HRC’s Email Investigation. Read or at least skim them….they are not long and have some interesting comments….which I will not try to condense into a Reader’s Digest version.

Overall, violent crime is increasing and if you look at some of the comparisons of 2016 YTD to 2015, factored for the same time frame or per 100,000 population or such, things are NOT as safe as they were a year ago.

Note that FBI Director Comey has a “phrase” that translates to “the Ferguson effect”.

The fact that the Crime and Murder rates have increased so drastically in Chicago that Rahm Emanuel (AKA’s Obama’s Ex Cheif of Staff) is starting to panic….

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/latest-crime-statistics-released

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us/murder-rates-cities-fbi.html?_r=0

http://abc7chicago.com/news/cpd-announces-plan-to-hire-nearly-1000-new-officers/1520303/

tjfoose1
    Participant

More lax policing, violent criminals being released via unilaterally commuted sentences in direct violation of statutes, and illegal immigrants convicted of violent crimes, including rape and murder, being release onto the streets vs being deported.

Crime rates will continue to rise until the above changes.

It’s not a coincidence that crime rates went down once repeat violent offenders were locked up.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I can’t help but be reminded a bit of the lecturing on white mob violence of the 19th and early 20th century when an accusation of rape was lodged at a black man. More we are told so than not, the facts of the case were never heard and an innocent life was taken. The evil, we are told, was a collective identity ready to defend the group regardless of facts and rational discourse.

Now notice the aforementioned pattern playing out today, a shooting takes place and the facts of a case aren’t mentioned, the response is a collective action against the civil authorities.

I used the exact same comparison earlier in the week to make a point about culture vs race.

Both behaviors occurred not because of the race of those exhibiting the behavior, but because the behavior was acceptable within the culture. It could be argued not only acceptable, but expected.

Viewing 11 posts - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.