And now from Charlotte

Home Forums All StateFansNation And now from Charlotte

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Police estimate that 70% of those that have been arrested in Charlotte during this time of civil unrest have out of State I.D.’s

Totally false. The guy that put that out walked it back this weekend.

Fastback68
    Participant

^It was the exact opposite. However, only 42 arrests??? There were 20 alone beating up the Hyatt van.

Fastback68
    Participant

34 out of 42 were local

pakfanistan
    Participant

Totally false. The guy that put that out walked it back this weekend.

I’m shocked.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Thanks for the correction I had not seen it.

McCallum
    Participant

Good point on the out of town arrests being false.

Charlotte has more than your garden variety of stupid louting about.

McCallum

tractor57
    Participant

The last few comments are why I take any internet ramblings with a grain of salt. That includes why we should fire a coach and/or who the next coach will be. Some reports are very accurate, some make sense but will never happen and some are figments of someone’s imagination.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I posted the FIRST comment and it seemed to be legitimate. Turns out it was not. Charlotte STILL has issues. Latest (verified from Trusty and Reliable sources)…

Rev B. Barber (and/or his Charlotte equivalent) brought in protestors, including carefully coached children, to make statements at the City Council meeting last night. They started their protest by “listing” demands. Funny thing, there is NOT one article that has the “LIST”. The Black Activist Group that held a presser prior to the meeting published THEIR demands on Facebook. It included disbanding the CMPD and then funneling the $264 Million back into the BLACK community for job training and resources and subsidies to REDUCE the racial climate. Rev Barber said he was NOT anti-Police and did NOT call for the resignation of the Chief and the Mayor.

BUT, the CMPD DID release a couple of documents. Scott’s wife had filed a restraining order against him. Particulars included physically beating/abusing an 8 YO and threatening, with a GUN, his family and stating he was a KILLER…..

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/court-records-show-keith-scotts-wife-filed-for-restraining-order/450911728

I trust that WSOC has a copy of the order….it was played this morning on Cable TV. Sort of takes the wind out of the sails of her attorney who is preparing the Wrongful Death Lawsuit….

I certainly HOPE that CLT will calm down. However, the folks that appear to be “hunkered” down and want TV sound bites are getting long term rental rates for their hotels (unconfirmed….sarcasm). You have to follow the tactics of the Ambulance Chasers in NC to fully appreciate HOW they, especially those of color work….

During John Brook’s administration at the NC Dept of Labor, there was a tragic Chicken Processing Plant fire in Hamlet. The FDA inspector told the owners that the workers were using a back door for smoke breaks and that insects were getting inside and to CLOSE IT (Lock? Don’t know) and keep it SECURELY CLOSED. They did….and then a malfunction in a hydraulic line resulted in an inferno and almost 30 people died. The entourage of lawyers came to town and wanted to RENT OUT one of the viewing rooms at EACH Mortuary in order to meet privately with the families. There were two or three mortuaries that served the minority community.

Sorry for the off topic rant, but the folks that smell $$ and Glory are not allowing the local citizenry to be properly represented and bringing more media pressure to inflame the situation. As Rahm Emanuel once told our President, NEVER let a good emergency or tragic event, “Go TO WASTE….Exploit it to the fullest for OUR agenda…”. THAT is what irks me…

tractor57
    Participant

I did see the list of demands this morning so it is indeed available. The rest is not surprising at all. High profile, chance to fluff a reputation and the semll of money on the ground. I have seen the videos and could draw no conclusions from them other than the police ordered him to drop the gun (or whatever) and then after that shots were fired. Maybe the officer was justified or maybe he was not.
    Lots a lot like the Watts riots of the ’60’s to me – justified or not.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Tractor, I spent a lot of time trying to find the list. Each of the TV stations had “excerpts” and there was no listing, after 4 pages of googling that I found. However, I went back and tried again and ABC11 had the NAACP list. This was different from the “Let me speak” list that the various advocacy groups presented. The Advocacy Groups DID request the resignation of the Mayor and the CMPD Chief….according to numerous articles.

http://abc11.com/news/charlotte-residents-call-for-mayor-chief-to-resign/1528076/

Interesting comment in Article II. The NAACP is calling for a “retrial” of an earlier case. I thought that the defendant was protected, irregardless, by “Double Jeopardy”. OJ was, so I assumed that the NAACP was familiar with that portion of the law. It is NOT a NC thingy.

Yes, if you lived through the MLK riots, the Watts Riots, The Rodney King Riots and the modern day BLM riots, it is the SAME story. The evidence that the CMPD has released supports the account. It will be up the SBI to advise the DA as to WHETHER or not to bring charges. I would also note that the list of demands calls for a “Higher Accountability” for LEO. So, the LEO will be held to a higher standard of conduct. Wonder how that will be implemented.

I will accept the SBI’s investigation and the outcome….but will the protesting citizens of Charlotte reciprocate if it is not to their liking. The one thing that strikes me today is the difference in the candidates approach. I find one candidate that says that if you are white, you are prejudiced against blacks and you need to be reprogrammed. The other is for uniform enforcement of the laws and also to try to relieve the poverty that has plagued the community.

I also am reminded that the NAACP leaders in Ferguson, when confronted with the DOJ’s Investigation said….YES, he (Michael Brown) did NOT have his hands up….he was attacking the officer. There were black witnesses that came forward. BUT, the NAACP STILL used the term…”Hand Up…Don’t Shoot” as a rallying cry because it COULD have happened. They did NOT apologize to the officer or the community or to the victims of the riots….

we will have to wait for the SBI, which is, as of this posting, MONITORING….the investigation and they are NOT conducting it.

I have friends that did NOT know that the Michael Brown lack of charges were the result of a DOJ investigation. The MSM conveniently left that out or buried it. THEY thought that is was the Ferguson PD and DA defending “one of their own”. Wonder how many of the BLM marchers and protesters know that little factoid…

NCSU would get a more fairly called FB game with Jim Knight and Mack Brown officiating that would the CMPD officer get with a DOJ investigation….

BUT, that is my opinion….and I respect others who differ and they are NOT Deplorable…

tractor57
    Participant

I also will be satisfied with the results of the SBI investigation. My point on the video is it is not the smoking pro or con. Indications are that the police followed procedure but I don’t consider that proven. I saw the list of demands on FB this morning and did not go further in trying to locate from another source. The list of demands was silly. In this whole situation I find nothing that justifies rioting. I did not find that in the Watts riots even though there was problematic action by the police in that case. Fair resolution? Not sure that happens regardless. Wearing that uniform is incredibly tough and it is even tougher to think the truth will be produced – and even less likely that matters short of a public hanging of the police officer involved.

Fastback68
    Participant

Scott rolled up to the bus stop with a loaded handgun and parked next to an unmarked police car and got out of the car with the gun, only to quickly return to the car and start rolling a blunt and then proceeded to smoke it and then multiple cops wearing police vests banged on the car telling Scott to put the gun down and then he gets out of the car still with the gun and slowly back creeps away all the while violating a restraining order for the wife who is yelling at him to drop the gun and telling him “don’t you do it”. It will be interesting to see if this is the actual chain of events.

I read about the 911 calls from motorists on I85 and 277 today. Glad I wasn’t faced with that decision.

McCallum
    Participant

Scott rolled up to the bus stop with a loaded handgun and parked next to an unmarked police car and got out of the car with the gun, only to quickly return to the car and start rolling a blunt and then proceeded to smoke it and then multiple cops wearing police vests banged on the car telling Scott to put the gun down and then he gets out of the car still with the gun and slowly back creeps away all the while violating a restraining order for the wife who is yelling at him to drop the gun and telling him “don’t you do it”. It will be interesting to see if this is the actual chain of events.

I read about the 911 calls from motorists on I85 and 277 today. Glad I wasn’t faced with that decision.

What is fairly clear to me in the above quote is that major highways are concrete symbols of white privilege.

McCallum

pakfanistan
    Participant

What is fairly clear to me in the above quote is that major highways are concrete symbols of white privilege.

Funny you say that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayti,_Durham,_North_Carolina

The neighborhood continued to develop during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, through years of racial segregation imposed by white Democrats in the state legislature, following the Reconstruction era in the South. With black-owned businesses and services, library, hotel, theatre and hospital, the community became self-sufficient. It declined in the late 20th century, due to suburbanization, which drew some residents to newer housing outside the area. A 1958 urban renewal and freeway project took down houses and businesses in 200 acres of the community and split it with a freeway.

13OT
    Participant

If you’re looking for the whole story in The Charlotte Observer (or Raleigh’s News & Observer), forget it. Since the ultra-liberal McClatchy group from California bought these papers a few years ago, they’re become essentially a left political arm of the Democrat Party, with news and sports scores being replaced by commentary, both political and sports. And WRAL-5 has become almost as bad. These outlets will tell you only what they want you to know, and will do their best to shape your opinion into the way they think.

The best example of this is the hammering of HB2, much of which goes in the sports pages. Like the NCAA and now the ACC, who want to force you to think like they do, the papers and tv media are pushing the same agenda, but it’s not working too well right now for the newspapers. And it may backfire on the NCAA and ACC as well. If the elitist leaders of these institutions continue to push their views on the fans by punishing those who dare think differently, a lot of fans might just say “To hell with it!” and hand in their season tickets. I’ll certainly consider it.

As for the rioting, I’ve seen as much of this as many of you, and nothing ever seems to change. The larger cities seem to draw nitwit politicians and government officials in droves, as well as malcontents who roam the night in search of something to pillage and burn at the first suggestion of something that offends them. Obedience to the law be damned! Charlotte apparently isn’t any different (don’t forget who was behind the Charlotte-Mecklenburg bathroom ordinance in the first place). The only thing I’ve heard from the “protesters” so far that I agree with is that the Charlotte mayor needs to be fired. 10-4 that! What needed to be done right off the bat was to call out the National Guard after that first night of rioting, and then slapping an ENFORCED dusk-to-dawn curfew on the city.

And McCallum, your above concrete example of white privilege is spot on! Where they need to put these thugs is in the middle of the Charlotte Motor Speedway on Memorial Weekend.

McCallum
    Participant

Funny you say that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayti,_Durham,_North_Carolina

The neighborhood continued to develop during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, through years of racial segregation imposed by white Democrats in the state legislature, following the Reconstruction era in the South. With black-owned businesses and services, library, hotel, theatre and hospital, the community became self-sufficient. It declined in the late 20th century, due to suburbanization, which drew some residents to newer housing outside the area. A 1958 urban renewal and freeway project took down houses and businesses in 200 acres of the community and split it with a freeway.

You are in way over your head laddy. If you want to talk about urban renewal as a form of social engineering the book, which I have, is The Slaughter of Cities by E Micheal Jones.

This was done largely in the northeast and Midwest to break up ethnic enclaves.

You may want to look up the name Louis Wirth, should help you get started.

McCallum

*may want to read the disclaimer on Wikipedia as well.

pakfanistan
    Participant

So, you’re saying a freeway wasn’t built through the middle of a black neighborhood?

Adventuroo
    Participant

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/black-community-sees-charlotte-glimmering-fake-oz-42325588

I have no idea if the above is true, it must be….because it was posted on the MSM….

Folks might want to review the history of Durham. At one time, if my limited NC and Financial history recollections are correct, Durham was the Mecca of Black Enterprise. It was a very thriving and prosperous economy and it was driven by some extremely astute individuals….all of which are of Afro descent. Being able to make, manage and hold ON to $$ is not a trait of any race, sex, or sexual persuasion. Takes intelligence, common sense and discipline….and Durham was a fine example….most, due to the era, were obviously male…

It is really disheartening to see how much Durham has deteriorated and also how the “leadership” that has governed for probably 50 years has fallen into the “Detroit” mode. Having been in Raleigh since the early 60’s and traveled to CH and Durham, Durham is NOT the safe city that it was back then.

I would relate one more personal story from the 1968. I had a friend who moved to CH with his wife and baby. The wife was driving through the SAME neighborhoods that she did PRIOR to the riots. During the MLK riot, she was stopped and surrounded in her car by a group of young black males with guns, hammers, crowbars and Molotov Cocktails. This was mid afternoon. Finally, one of their leaders walked over and saw the 16 MO baby in the car seat. He smiled at the child and motioned for the group to part and let her drive away. This lady says that she “felt” an air of evil or karma. Fast forward….she was walking along the James River below her home several years ago. The DC Sniper was on the loose. She was stalked for a few hundred yards by a beat up sedan. She said that she was so nervous and then it hit her….she had NOT felt that bad Karma since 1968.

Bottom line, violence and rioting, is deplorable….and the participants should be called out and “classified” in the basket of undesirables that one candidate is well versed at doing….

tractor57
    Participant

The worst I ever felt was when I was rousted by some cops in Rocky Mount in the late 1970’s. My crime? Renting from the neighbor of a cop in a leadership role who had a beef with my landlady. She reported a prowler around her house and implicated the renters in my land lady’s house. So at 11 PM I was rousted and questioned about what I had been doing. I had worked a shift in a very hot textile mill, came back to my room af 4:30 and crashed. I had not been out of my room since then but because of the landlord war I was rousted. Had I been black I’m sure I would have spent at least one night in jail. In the context of the current events means little other than I am skeptical of ANY claim pro or con.

Fastback68
    Participant

The left lane is a relatively new bastion of black privilege.

On my way to the dmv this morning. This dad is no longer a chauffeur provided my son can pass the DL exam.

McCallum
    Participant

So, you’re saying a freeway wasn’t built through the middle of a black neighborhood?

I’m saying that your n=1 concept of the world will lead to an appearance of ignorance.

But if it must be broad strokes, I’m wondering what part of Hwy 211 in Green Swamp broke up what black neighborhood?

McCallum

Rick
    Keymaster

Two points
    1) I enjoy watching the back and forth between McCallum and paki.
    2) It seems race relations in the US has stepped back 50 years. I truly thought having a black president would improve things but it has not improved and appears to have made things worse.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’m saying that your n=1 concept of the world will lead to an appearance of ignorance.

Merely pointing out that your flippant remark about highways being a symbol of white privilege might actually have merit for some people. That doesn’t mean that EVERY highway is, or EVERY highway isn’t.

Feel free to tell me which part you disagree with. Was Hayti not a successful black neighborhood? Was a freeway not built through the middle of it?

But really, I suspect it’s not the ‘freeway through a black neighborhood’ part you disagree with.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Next thing you know, Posts will be BLOCKED for certain threads….

pakfanistan
    Participant

Next thing you know, Posts will be BLOCKED for certain threads….

It would be hilarious if there was a bot that autolocked a thread when a certain combination of users posted in it.

if ( thread.contains(x) && thread.contains(y) && thread.contains(z) ) {
        // thread is a cluster, shut it down....
        thread.lock();
    }

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.