ACC Weekly Review

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC Weekly Review

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I think we need to start an on-line petition to turn Monday back into “Big Monday” and move the mid-week ACC games back to the Tue through Thurs spot.
    [See the full post at: ACC Weekly Review]

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I certainly never thought that State would still be north of the bubble-bursting line (if only barely).”

Yeah. Were the selection to happen prior to the Virginia game, I’d put our selection chances at 0.00%. Seven games left though.

Since the ACC is now “ol’ Big East”, it’s Monday games for the foreseeable future 🙂 . You’ll have to sink new Big East’s deal w/ Fox Sports to get ‘Big Monday’ back haha.

packof81
    Participant

State’s season is currently circling the drain with a running three-pointer at the buzzer keeping State from being in a five-game losing streak.

That pretty well sums it up.

rtpack24
    Participant

VaWolf82 this is excellent work and looks to be accurate at this point in the season. We have the potential to make a strong run down the stretch but with this team it is hard to get a read on them.

13OT
    Participant

If we’re going to do an online petition, I say let’s make it one to send Notre Dame, Syracuse, Pitt, BC and Miami back to the Big East, where they belong.

BJD95
    Keymaster

If we’re going to do an online petition, I say let’s make it one to send Notre Dame, Syracuse, Pitt, BC and Miami back to the Big East, where they belong.

No, send us to the SEC or the Big 12, where WE will maybe be treated with a modicum of respect and dignity.

choppack1
    Participant

Agreed bjd.

13OT
    Participant

DITTO THAT!!!!

mak4dpak
    Participant

ACC all the way, and no problem with the new teams. As for reminders on the last second shot to win the game, have we forgotten the ND/UNC where we were a shot away from a win. It works both ways. The conference is what it is, so we just have to deal with it, and the team needs to show up for the entire game. It still can turn out good for State. Starts tomorrow. Go Pack! Beat the Wahoos!

Texpack
    Participant

Brian Williams is reporting that we beat both UVa and Louisville to clinch a tourney spot.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Who the heck is Brian Williams and what has he been smoking?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Who the heck is Brian Williams and what has he been smoking?

Brian Williams wrote the Gettysburg Address for his close, personal friend Abraham Lincoln. Brian Williams drove the car that JFK was shot in.

If Brian Williams states something, it’s truth.

Brian Williams: pillar of honesty.

^I figured a ‘USA Today’ link might be the most neutral. Too bad he’s suspended, I guess – all ‘news’ sources are in the entertainment business now, and not reporting. All of them lie, spin, and sensationalize. He’s the only one losing his job though. ‘Trust’ is the last thing I think of when reading the ‘news’.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Haven’t watched the evening news in years. Jokes lose their punch when they have to be explained….sorry about that.

TheCOWDOG

Va’s curse.

Anyway, I believe Wufpup confused Brian Williams for Bob Kennel.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Now that joke I get.

I wonder if anyone has asked Kennel about Herb and the Seeds of Greatness recently.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Va’s curse.

Anyway, I believe Wufpup confused Brian Williams for Bob Kennel.

*snicker*

TheCOWDOG

Tis true. Why just today I learned that Ev Case came to Bob Kennel to help break the racial barriors down at NC State.

Yep. Way back in 1956, Bob was to bring Walt Bellamy to the Pack.

However, BK was a tad busy trying to beat the Russkies into space.

Timbo
    Participant

Nice work on the info!!! truly enjoy the stats they are an eye opener many times, are strength of schedule is our only savior at this point. we really need three wins before the end of the season. or we are going to need a couple of good games during the ACCT.

Currently preparing to watch tonight’s game, These preparation’s may help a lot of state fans watching from home.

1. If your TV is valuable, stop at Lowes and get a thick piece of Plexiglas and place it 1 foot in front of the screen supported by heavy structural members, Lateral and wind loads may be necessary.
    2. Give a gift card to your spouse or loved ones so they can remove themselves to a more pleasant environment.
    3. Consult a psychiatrist, about anxiety induce depression. or basketball induced psychosis.
    4. Prepare all snack foods so they are easy to swallow, some of those gasping moments could become deadly if your eating one of those 2.317 wings you had left over from the football game.
    5. While at Lowes pick up spackling, sheetrock tape, may be needed in a hurry, after game and before wife or loved one gets home.
    6. Secure the dog in a safer location. You can kick the cat, its my belief they act like Carolina Fans anyway.
    7. Make sure remote has new batteries, you do not want to be stuck on that channel when it come down to a state player shooting free throws for the win.
    8. Extra oxygen for those Zebra call that defy imagination and eyesight.
    9. An so that you will not loose your voice during the game, make a sign that says (WTF!!!!!) so you can hold it up ever time one of those minutes come a long.
    10. Have a necklace or bracelet made that says ” NCSTATE fan ” that way the hospital staff wont send you to the mortuary, instead they will start a Jack Daniels intravenous drip. the only cure for a GOTTFRIED Induced COMA.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Nice job Tim.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I thought before the WF game that it was a must win, do or die, but it really was not. We still got a shot. Even if we lose tonight, we still have some more opportunities, and I ain’t giving up til it’s over. You never know, we’ve done it before, let’s get this one.

ncsu1987
    Participant

^I admire (and secretly applaud) the enthusiasm. And this from someone old enough to have experienced some of those “we’ve done it before” moments first hand.

Some interesting comments on this thread. I do agree that this group has talent, and that, in most cases, I can see individual improvements through the year. What I don’t see a great deal of, other than a few magical moments during the Duke game and for a brief while in the ND game, are large-scale improvements AS A TEAM. I also agree that if Gott can keep this group in Raleigh, many of this year’s “close but no cigar” moments will fall differently.

We’ve played a lot of very good teams close. I’m one who preaches about the difference between expectations and hopes. So maybe my expectations were out of sync this year, but still the overall results feel like disappointment, even to an affirmed optimist.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I also agree that if Gott can keep this group in Raleigh…

I just don’t even make the effort to make those kind of projections. Someone always leaves early, it’s just a matter of who and how many.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.