ACC Tournament Game 1 refs pay tribute to Karl Hess

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC Tournament Game 1 refs pay tribute to Karl Hess

Viewing 19 posts - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    SqlWolf
    Participant

“Therefore, we did receive some preferential treatment today as it was -5 today. WHO KNOWS…..???”

Really!!?? I thought the better coached and more talented team got the calls in their favor. Oh wait, we are talking about NC State here. Hmmmm… I think if the officials were favoring our team, then, that proves there is a third team on the floor and that team has a game plan.

TLeo
    Participant

I think it is a possibility that the ACC did secretely “eject” Hess and the other refs did not like it and were indeed trying to protest that action. At the same time, it still comes across as an insult to NCSU. They realize that action would not have been taken without the prompt and forceful complaints that I am sure came from D. Yow and others and don’t like that either.. The little group of officials are upset that a light has been put on them exposing their ineptitude and bias but this just might, MAYBE? work in State’s favor. They may try to call the games fairly in an effort to show how unbiased they are and prove their critics wrong.

Flannel Avenger
    Participant

Eject or just opt not to renew his contract for next year? That’s usually how these things go.

Anonymous
    Inactive

As long as we end up in the Negative (fewer fouls called on us than on our opponents), it will work to our favor. Remember who leads in that Stat? Hint they wear Light Blue. Next team with fewer fouls also wears a shade of blue. We, are, if memory serves me, around fourth with a -1. UNC is almost a minus 4 and Duke is above -3. Never hurts to have fewer fouls, especially when you have our “why did I do THAT?” Howell. My FIL used to have a dog traing collar. If the bird dog did not follow the voice commands of my FIL and spooked the covey or would NOT hold a point, he hit the button and the dog got a SMALL shock. If Richard had such a device, then Coach G. would re-enforce WHY he should not do that that.

On to UVA. The fouls, the Hess Mess (read Tudor’s coulumn on the N&O), etc. will all be history. Have a strange, GOOD feeling about tomorrow. If we take out UVA, then we are PROBABLY there, but might as well play like VT and try to run the table. 1983 wasn’t THAT long ago. I had been working 15 years and enjoying life…Regan was president and we did NOT know what kind of hanky panky that JFK had done in the oval office. Such a SIMPLIER time. Bought my FIRST IBM PC. SN under 10,000….

Anonymous
    Inactive

1. This is a juvenile demonstration. Unprofessional and indefensible.
    2. That said, DY’s ill-advised decision to show up the officials with her “Wolfpack Unlimited” stunt is the athletics administration equivalent of taking just a little too hard a look at your own homerun. The home crowd might love it, but the next batter is getting drilled. If DY isn’t happy with block/charge calls next year, she won’t have far to look for why. One juvenile demonstration deserves another, it seems.

gumby
    Participant

“DY’s I’ll advised decision to show up the officials with her “Wolfpack Unlimited” stunt…”.

WTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

There is not a damn thing ill-advised about her move. She showed up ONE egomaniacal, State-hating referee that we don’t have to deal win any more, made a statement to the fan base that the school won’t roll over any more, and exposed the ACC leadership as spineless and incompetent. The risk? That we get hosed by ACC officiating? That is no risk – they can’t screw us any worse than they routinely do. I’d argue she accomplished the exact opposite – drew enough attention that continued refereeing abuses will just crank the heat higher on officials and therefore they will back off.

Anonymous
    Inactive

^ Hate to break it to you, but other fan bases are laughing at type of thinking. Loudly. The very act of their demonstration shows that they don’t view this the same way that hardcore State fans do. In case you forgot, they are the ones that make the calls. Swim at your own risk if you see fit, but DY’s tossing a side of red meat to indulge SFN’s persecution complex might buy her some capital with the fan base, but the fan base doesn’t make calls. Hers was a short-sighted move. If you don’t believe me, I’ve got some shoes for you to read. Carry on.

Cosmo96
    Participant

Who cares what other fan bases are thinking or doing about this? Who cares how “they” view this? The act of throwing the former players out was wrong, and Hess and the league office were called on it. And if you think that the fact that the refs put initials on their shoes means it wasn’t a wise move, then you’re as wrong as those refs are for doing it.

Your posts are utter nonsense.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You guys are too close to the fire to feel the heat. If this happened to another school, you’d be giggling along with the crowd. If you think this league cares AT ALL about the quality of its officials, then I defy you to reconcile that theory with its continued employment of Ron Cherry.

Seriously: your athletic director thought picking a fight with the league and its officials was a good idea. Let me know how that works out for you.

tvopack
    Participant

‘2000, Yow has made the right move. The refs seem to form a union of their own by supporting Karl Hess which I have problem with. The problem is that they brought it to the court.

What do you mean by picking a fight? Are you the type of guy that just bend over and bite your lips? Enjoy that, buddy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is quickly getting pointless. Fast forward to the end of this thing and tell me how her rubbing their noses in it ends. Tearful, sobbing confession by the refs, or them taking quiet revenge.

gumby
    Participant

Again, what risk is in revenge? They can’t stink up the outhouse they’ve created any more than it already stinks.

Pack Mentality
    Participant

Who the hell is jhmd2000 a fan of? He is trolling a**hole.

tractor57
    Participant

jhmd2000

As to how it is working so far – no Hess at the tourney and possibly no more Hess period, apparently more evenhanded officiating in games where State plays BB to this point (yes even yesterday with the “protest”). Agreed it might be time to let the fools continue to embarrass themselves with such garbage as this so I’m not for making a big public spectacle – the refs are doing a pretty darn good job there. Some behind the scenes protests by DY make sense as even if not intended to be so this raises the specter of intentional bias on part of the working officials.

I happened to surf over the the Big East game Hess was working during some commercials and saw at least two examples of his self importance.

All I can say (in my best southernese) is “Bless their hearts”.

tvopack
    Participant

^^agreed.

44fan

I e-mailed Debbie Yow the Statefans Nation article and photo of the ref’s near the end of The Maryland game. She replied within 2 minutes of me sending her the e-mail. This was her reply:……”My Name, I am on it. Have been for a couple of hours now. ACC needs to respond to this first. Giving them that chance now.
    Cannot open the SFN article on BB…for some unknown reason here in arena.
    Debbie Y.

One minute later I got another e-mail:…”Was able to open it…thanks.”

How GREAT is SHE!!!!…We have a Athletic Director who actually cares what her fans think!!!!

WolftownVA81
    Participant

^Amen 44fan. We finally have a skipper who can right the ship that has been adrift for over 20 years. If other fan bases, coaches, ACC officials or media types have a problem with that – screw em. I have faith that DY will act professionally and promptly in response to any slight to her school. I look forward to another mealy mouthed response from our illustrious conference officials.

PS. Cloughtey(sp) and the refs involved should all be fired for this stupid childish protest prank. They are out of control.

tractor57
    Participant

After the original incident I also emailed Yow. Very quick response. I did not contact her this time as I was sure she has been apprised of our concerns. I agree with the behind the scenes approach on this one.

So refreshing after Foulup.

YogiNC
    Participant

Lee would have said “I wonder if the fish are biting?” “No LEE, you bite!!”

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 19 posts - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.