ACC BB Update for 2/20

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC BB Update for 2/20

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Wouldn’t you know the week after I ridicule people that bet on college sports, I see a betting line that I would like to put a C-note on.
    [See the full post at: ACC BB Update for 2/20]

BJD95
    Keymaster

Count me in also on the “hoping for FSU but not expecting” train. I need to keep that in mind when I set my brackets, though maybe I will adopt their “best case scenario” in my #3 office entry in lieu of an NC State one.

But as in all things, “hope is not a strategy.”

And Notre Dame is just poop. They used up their Irish luck last season.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Dance Card has been updated after Sunday’s games. I wouldn’t call GT even after last night’s win. The Dance Card put them two spots ahead of bubble break.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

And Notre Dame is just poop. They used up their Irish luck last season.

It’s beginning to look like Boeheim did as well.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I just noticed SYR’s schedule for next week, Duke at home on Wed and then at L’ville on Sunday. Looks grim for the Orange.

BJD95
    Keymaster

yeah, that Dook game might be make or break for L’Orange. I still am amazed that Clemson stays even in the conversation. Think State could easily beat them (which would end any of that).

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Just checked Pomeroy and Clemson is at #38. They’ve had a ton of close losses to some really good teams which helps with Pomeroy. They’ve got 4 Top50 wins which helps with the Dance Card. For a change, their OOC schedule didn’t include a dozen high school teams which helps with every ranking.

They’ve stayed in the conversation based on several things….RPI (or other) ranking staying in the traditional bubble zone along with their quality wins. Plus, I’ve heard several commentators mention that the mid-major ranks are weaker this year than the past several….so this group isn’t pushing them out of the conversation.

They’re not a bad team. They have 12 losses and 9 of those were to Top50 teams (similar story to WF). They just haven’t won enough games to prove that they are good enough for the NCAAT.

BJD95
    Keymaster

True. At some point…somebody gotta get in. But they need 3-1 down the stretch just to go 7-11. A split puts them at 6-12 in the league, and whilst I think penalizing teams for losing records in tough leagues is more than a bit unfair…6-12 is maybe a bridge too far even for me.

It would be very Clemson and very NC State for us to beat them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.