A Sports Thread For Adventuroo

Home Forums All StateFansNation A Sports Thread For Adventuroo

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

Golden,

The bathroom issue is post modern, deconstruction at its best. Derrida at his finest and my inner Brownshirt is dying to burn Hirschfeld’s library except that the pyre would and should include every college and university in the land.

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

Abstract is to venturesome as Verbose is to:

a) Mundane
    b) Tedious
    c) Repetitive
    d) All the above

– SAT verbal circa 1971

McCallum
    Participant

I think Paxton did some of his best work in Twister.

McCallum

choppack1
    Participant

GC – I agree with you.

Here locally Charlotte has gotten a pass for starting this Firestorm. And ironically, no town (with possible exception of Greensboro) has suffered more.

Also worth of note – the democrats could have repealed around Christmas, but they didn’t want a moratorium (more specifically RC didn’t want that. What he does want is credit for saving poor old NC.)

As for the boycotters – most of these folks are the ultimate hypocrites.

YogiNC
    Participant

Texas Rising. Was an awesome Sam Houston. It was one of the best mini series I think I’ve ever seen. Too a trip to San Antonio to see The Alamo because of it. Twister was pretty good too! Paxton really was an underrated actor IMO.

Smarter than the average bear

choppack1
    Participant

John Swofford making more judgements…. Puhlleease.

YogiNC
    Participant

True Chop, many other states/cities have passed almost the same type of law with more or less the same wording. Houston REPEALED their TG friendly law by referendum and yet who showed up for the SuperBowl, the ENTIRE NFL. AND the NCAA didn’t pull games from Texas. Psst… I heard Bruce performed a couple of concerts there also. Too bad their indignation was all for show.

choppack1
    Participant

And our local media has been just as disgusting. They should be screaming loud and clear about the hypocrisy of these organizations, but they aren’t because they because they want to “win” the issue.

The NBA could have made a much bigger statement by having a rainbow court and totally going all out to vocally and visibly support LGBT,..Used the game for a showcase but they are afraid of the financial impact. This is all about power.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Yogi,

Thanks for pointing out that it was a HOUSTON “Mayor with a Mission” that ramrodded (is that PC in this context) the TG bill through the Houston City Council. THEN it was put on a referendum ballot. Soundly defeated by 2:1 ration. SO, it disappeared.

My understanding was that the Charlotte Bill was almost a Word Copy (cut and pasted a bit) of the Houston Ordinance.

I also thought that a LOT of the support for REPEALING (or this is how HB2 was crafted) came from the SURROUNDING Mecklenberg counties.

The NCGA probably should have switched to decaf and toned it down a little. BUT, right wrong or indifferent….it got passed. NEXT UP….what folks MAY not realize that that HB2 actually negated or made illegal ALL the “LGBTQX” Ordinances that had been passed….some quite old….in a LOT of Major NC Cities.

SO, Charlotte, lead by some rasccally radicals, stirred up this mess. The ordinances that were on the books in CH, Carrboro, Greensboro, Durham, Asheville, etc. were then totally wiped out. THAT irritated a LOT of folks that had worked hard for some legislation that was “reasonable and appropriate”. Charlotte’s little…”POTTY anywhere you WANNA POTTY” pushed the envelope and the whole NC LGBTQX advances came down….ala the Hindenburg.

So, thank CHARLOTTE. NOW, the folks that are chastizing the media for being hypocritical….I agree that it was one sided. However, there COULD have been a more effective campaign to “GET OUT THE FACTS”….and show the hypocracy.

I am NOT defending the press…..we KNOW which side they are on and a hot button comment gets viewers and clickers.

It is left up to folks that actually KNOW the facts to try to get the word out….and social media tends NOT to be kind to them and they are quickly labeled with an IST.

As I stated earlier, the above is the Readers Digest version. I seriously doubt that any of the Coaches that climbed on the Equality Soap Boxes knows the real story. Very few of the press do and if they did….it would not matter.

BUT, based on the polls, it will be really TOUGH to reach a compromise. And when you got Limo Jim upping the ante….it just gets worse.

If Roy (Ray?) had the SUPPORT of the polls, he would be jawboning with some facts and such. He KNOWS the political reality of it and has no real interest in getting it settled. He has, I THINK, totally underestimated the stubborness of the NCGA.

IF, and Yogi probably can verify, my memory is correct, there was maybe two House Seats lost and one Senate seat lost. That is a drop in the bucket and the Gov might as well get over it. NOT TO MENTION…elections have consequences….and when you blatantly Slander and Hornswaggle the public to get YOU elected, your opposition party will leave no stone unturned to make you look like the spineless and blithering idiot that you are. Pity ORC does not have a Monica so that he can be dealt with the old fashioned way….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

1. Roo’s safe place is on the SFN keyboard, right or wrong… a man can’t hold it in but so long and it’s gotta come out somewhere… in this case, why not amongst friends? B’rer ‘Roo, at his age, deserves his own thread and consideration…

2. Blacklist will make you look at things different… best show is years for one simple reason… you NEVER can predict what’s gonna happen next… Now that begs a question… are the writers smoking goodsh#t or copying enough from the real world to take it the rest of way? Same question for Mission Impossible in 1966…

3. McCallum, at his age, would rather “Poke the Bear” than do the nasty… primarily because it lasts longer….

5. Yogi get his stuff straight from the source, like it or not…

6. This is first Saturday… the PACK MBB haven’t lost a game since December 10th, 2015… which is your talking line for the coming week….

“We haven’t won a Saturday game this year and you want to know why Coach GOTT fired?”

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant

3. McCallum, at his age, would rather “Poke the Bear” than do the nasty… primarily because it lasts longer….

Daddy wasn’t worth a damn but he gave me one thing, my Pentecostal/Presbyterian raising has kept it under control all these years.

I channel that energy into sarcasm and lawn darts.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Got that one right…. same here Bro, fwiw….

TheCOWDOG

Now I have heard it all.
    Adventuroo is the snowflake, and SFN the sanctuary.

Finally.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Cuz… you know, as well as I, one man’s sanctuary is another man’s battle… and it’s a damn fine line between the two….

Now… calling B’rer ‘Roo a “snowflake” is a whole other matter….

I ain’t gonna touch that…

choppack1
    Participant

Bill ; is that Saturday night stat correct? If so, a) holy cow and b) ride him out on a rail!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

from.. gopack,com…

Sat Feb 25, 2017 — Virginia L – 55-70
    Sat Feb 18, 2017 — Notre Dame L -72-81
    Sat Jan 21, 2017 — Wake Forest L 88-93
    Sat Dec 31, 2016 — Miami – L 63-81
    Sat Dec 10, 2016 — Tennessee State W 67-55 (OT)

Black & White…

It could be a good thing we don’t play more games on Saturday…

POP!!!

Pack78
    Participant

McC-Aren’t lawn darts (fun game) outlawed now because they are ‘unsafe'(LOL)?

Ditto BTW on the Presby upbringing…

choppack1
    Participant

Oh. Your original post said 2015…So we did win one this season.

McCallum
    Participant

McC-Aren’t lawn darts (fun game) outlawed now because they are ‘unsafe'(LOL)?

The beauty called a double entendre.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Chop — Good catch on my typo…

But the point about Saturday games stands…

I ain’t but 1/3 Presby… but that doesn’t change anything either…

GoldenChain
    Participant

Daddy wasn’t worth a damn but he gave me one thing, my Pentecostal/Presbyterian raising has kept it under control all these years.

McCallum

2 things:
    I hope that Presbyterian was PCA and not USA. If its USA then you should be “all-in” on the LBGT thing! Besides, the Holy Ghost would have struck you dead for mentioning P-USA and Pentecostal in the same sentence!
    If you were raised Pentecostal and P-USA its no wonder your’re such a tortured soul!

2nd thing:
    I hope by lawn darts you are referring to *REAL* lawn darts, the kind that were 14″ long, had a weight and a 3″ spike on the end! Not these badminton cocks on steroids they try to pass off as lawn darts today.
    First they try to pass of badminton cocks as lawn darts then they try to convince boys its OK if they feel like going to the womens john! Poor kids don’t stand a chance.

GoldenChain
    Participant

I also want to say this: that Charlotte mayor is the gawd awfullest looking female I have ever seen. She is fugly! If she went into a mens room no one would question it so what’s her deal?!

After a nuclear holistic if she and I were the only people left alive then mankind would go extinct!

YogiNC
    Participant

After a nuclear holistic if she and I were the only people left alive then mankind would go extinct!

A hearty Amen from the front pew! P-USA, P.H., PFWB, or charismatic du jour. Personally I’m Southern Baptist turned Non-denominational but who’s counting?

And by all my accounts a snowflake Roo is NOT! Sleetball yes, snowflake NO!

GoldenChain
    Participant

Yogi my right hand looks better than she does.

YogiNC
    Participant

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW! WAY, way too much info. But funny as heck! The old sayin’ was coyote ugly.

Back during my Navy days I had a lady tell me one night in a night club that I’d dream about her when I went to sleep that night. I told her “I can dream better than that even if I’m having a nightmare.” It took her about 10 seconds to fully realize what I’d said and she quickly left the club.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.