A Sports Thread For Adventuroo

Home Forums All StateFansNation A Sports Thread For Adventuroo

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG
    archdalepack
    Participant

Boys compete with boys, girls compete with girls! Boys who take steroids are disqualified, girls who take steroids are equally disqualified.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Saw that several times today, CD. Didn’t bother to click or read.

Does it bother me that a person with a stronger frame and more muscle mass and different chromosones competes in a different gender sport? Sure…..but not to the point of reading about it.

What I thought should bother folks is the fact that great athletes who have worked hard and trained are having the rules changed on them from a PC society. BUT, if the Great State of Texas is OK with that….when the EYES of the World are upon them….and THEY don’t care….far be it from me to even think about commenting.

I liken this to determining that a 5 person BB squad has an average height of 6′ 4″. But their opponent tonight is way less than that. SO, you give them an extra person….so that the average team’s height is the same. SO, you have 6 on 5….but they are statistically the same size….so it is even. That is the PC way of looking at it. Will the NCAA allow THAT PC rule to become a guideline….

Does it bother me that an entire girl’s volleyball team now dresses in the equivalent of a basement broom closet….even AFTER the school put in a NEW Uni-Sex Area for the TG Male that wanted to participate? YEP. But the Courts (Indiana?…you can google it) said that the Lad (Laddie?) did NOT have to use the TG facility….even though the entire team and the parents were really upset and they finally fled after tiring of his naked, still male, body.

All I can say, is what I have stated before…..if Adam Silver and the NCAA, ACC, NFL, NBA and the WNBA and whomever REALLY believed in FULL TG Rights, then we ought to have only ONE large locker and shower facility….and every stadium should have only TG/M/F accessible bathrooms. What’s good for shaming NC ought to be put into practice for the folks that are living in glass houses.

That is the extent of a rant from me….you might ask old Roy (Ray) Cooper’s office what THEY think…and send this to all members of the NC GA and see what they think.

I really don’t have a clue….and frankly, my dear CD, don’t give an earthen or concrete structure that is designed to hold copious amounts of Aqua Pura behind such….about it. NC gonna do what NC gonna DO and the Polls (Yogi might chime in) say that NC does NOT want the OPEN potties in the state….despite what the Mayor of Charlotte thinks.

I WONDER….and this is a question for you and others who obviously are following it….what impact this might, if any, have on the Up Yours (OPPS….bad choice) Legislation (similar to HB2) that Texas is considering….Don’t know. We need a Yogi type in Texas to give us info and facts….not fake news.

Wonder if the Rev Bully will show his support for TG folks of his flock and demand that ALL NAACP affiliated places of worship open up their potty facilites. He has launched an assault on the NC Economy because he believes that the NCGA is (fill in the blank) IST….and that HB2….as Old Roy (Ray) Cooper said is an affront to the Civil Rights gains by Dr. MLK, Jr.

Now, you think that I make points and connect dots across the vastness of space….try that one on. IF it can be logically explained, I will listen and consider it….

Let us know what the consensus is after you contact the above folks…and they will NOT do anything that causes them to lose 0.01% in their favorability polls…..as their stated profession is POLITICIAN….

I await the results of your efforts…and thank you kindly for bringing this to our attention and also flagging the post so that I actually read it….

Time for my nightly pain pill….Good Night said the Night Man….you can check out any time you want….but you can NEVER leave this place….

McCallum
    Participant

Hey roo,

There were few bigger con men than MLK so stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it.

McCallum

Adventuroo
    Participant

CD, McCallum, etc.

CD,
    Since WufPacker used a Slave Joke with a Thomas Jefferson punchline in the UVA thread….would it be OK to say that it is a Good Thing that Mark Gottfried works for Debbie Yow rather than North Korea’s Kim Jong-un….in veiw of the way he handles performance issues with his trusty Anti-Aircraft Gun?

McCallum,

Never figured you for being a snowflake….but the MLK thingy did seem to strike an unintended nerve…

It IS NOW time for the pain pill….but I retire much more relaxed after the recent flurry….

But FIRST….wonder if Mikey was pulling for UNC so that he would not have to face a team with a “not so good” loss? You just don’t count out Tony Bennett…and ORW will be full of Dad Gum Its and other folksy, perhaps more graphic, utterances….

So much for today’s poll rankings….

It IS gonna be interesting to see if Word Press can be totally sanitized from any political or current events humor…

McCallum
    Participant

Just tossing out the bait, I hate to see people sporting philosophical cliches.

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

By the way…I’m thinking if I hear snowflake one more time, I swear I’m gonna kidnapp your ass to my hometown and force you to get a real dose.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Please, the preferred nomenclature is distinctive feathery water ice crystal.

McCallum
    Participant

I’m down with some preferred nomenclature.

McCallum

Adventuroo
    Participant

Global Warming seems to have had an inverse impact on the number and diversity of snowflakes…One would think that there would be fewer and fewer of them this year due to the fact that we had 3 days of 80 Deg weather (RDU) and broke a 130 year record….but they seemed to have multiplied like (FIB….voting rolls comes to mind) this year. Maybe an El Nino thingy?

Play NICE….watch the Lady Pack, if you can, at 11:00.

StateRed44
    Participant

You are all wrong. Western civilization has been massively let down by the medical community for refusing to diagnose obvious mental illness. Now we are all down the rabbit hole because of it.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Everyone wins!

You’re all special!

Free college for everyone!

TheCOWDOG

Yep. Free job training for all new industry to this great country…free health for coal workers for life (well…black lungers anyway) Wait. They had that until congress just screwed it up.

And when are all those robots gonna be deported off those assembly lines in Motown?

McCallum
    Participant

All I want is the secret code that stopped the blinking light on the VCR.

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

Easy Mac. The lead bullet is back.

YogiNC
    Participant

Roo, just so you know, “we” know (and many others have been informed) that the TG friendly bathroom idea is a no no in the eyes of over 70% of the general voters on a nationwide basis. By gender it’s over 95% in women, all age brackets. It is also a voting concern for the ladies in 2018/2020, and could easily become the #1 concern if other current concerns are taken care of. BTW, there is a shift currently in women > 30 yrs to agreeing with Trump’s policies. How much it shifts depends on the top 3 concerns.

On another note, and you didn’t hear this from me, political neutrality in schools (ALL schools that receive even one dime of federal funding, even research grants) could become the next carrot for continuing to receive those funds. By neutrality I mean no one, not one, from the top head cheese right down to the custodian, will be able to express any political views within the confines of school property or in any public forums or public gatherings. The first amendment stuff doesn’t apply since by receiving federal funds all employees are considered to some degree to be federal government employees and there is already a rule that states they cannot state in any fashion their political views.

Smarter than the average bear

pakfanistan
    Participant

On another note, and you didn’t hear this from me, political neutrality in schools (ALL schools that receive even one dime of federal funding, even research grants) could become the next carrot for continuing to receive those funds. By neutrality I mean no one, not one, from the top head cheese right down to the custodian, will be able to express any political views within the confines of school property or in any public forums or public gatherings. The first amendment stuff doesn’t apply since by receiving federal funds all employees are considered to some degree to be federal government employees and there is already a rule that states they cannot state in any fashion their political views.

Sweet, we can finally ditch abstinence only sex-ed, and put this ‘intelligent design’ crap behind us.

McCallum
    Participant

“pot shots” for $200 Alex.

And after that I’ll take “irony” for $400.

McCallum

YogiNC
    Participant

Funny paki, considering neither one of those are political expressions. But more than likely those would be taught in schools that don’t receive federal funding so that point would be moot.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Sounds good as long as our educators can still do this in front of their classes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLl-JOMO4D8

freshmanin83
    Participant

neither one of those are political expressins

To a lib everything is political. Different mind set. They want the federal government in charge of everything. The hoi polloi are just incapable of being responsible for themselves they need big brother to think and make decisions for them.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Yogi,

Welcome back. I was afraid that a carryover black shadow government had infiltrated your undisclosed location and taken you out….or decided to rehabilitate you.

It is always nice to have facts that are based on research and not personal opinions. Your “info” probably is also known by some of the miscreants in the NCGA (both sides) as well as the unlawfully elected head knocker residing at the taxpayer’s expense at 210 N Blount St, Raleigh, NC 27601.

I think that I would stand a much better chance of hitting one of the State Farm half court shots or a Final Four Perfect Bracket than prognosticating the drama and the “outcome”….if there is any, of the repeal/revision of HB2.

One of your ex employers, the Liberal Limo that runs WRAL (and also takes care of his relatives and friends as the scoff up all the property surrounding Dix Hill – where we used to sled whilst at the esteemed pinnacle of learning – and displacing all of the Rev Bully Barber’s supporters)……HAS issued a Challenge. He and his crack team are NOT only reporting the news as they want it reported….but they have SCOOPED the competition and NOW have a 1500 Job Expansion (May not be right as I only read the headline and had no interest in it as it was laced with political venom) for the Triangle IF, and I say IF, the NCGA and the Guv REPEAL HB2…to the satisfaction of the 5% LBGTQX Radical Rousers….FAT CHANCE….but you probably have info….

Wonders of wonders….how many of those jobs will required massive incentives and tax credits….like Jimmy G’s “ECO Wind Farm”. I could go on….but need to wind down and watch the Women’s ACC Tourney…

Again, thanks for chiming in and glad you escaped without any help from Tom Keen and the Blacklist Redemption Squad….or Mission Impossible – Part Deaux…

Outta here….

McCallum
    Participant

Roo’s motto is why use 5 words when 500 will suffice.

If Eric Blair were alive he’d cream you or either strangle your for your intention Yoknapatawpha blather.

McCallum

GoldenChain
    Participant

I think the true TG folks out there hate this entire episode in the state’s history. Forever they just used whatever bathroom they used and no paid any attention … or at least left them alone. Now all the big mouth political folks are shining a spotlight on them.

And I don’t care what side you’re on, I have never in my 59 years seen a ‘bathroom monitor’ checking IDs or doing a ‘crotch check’ before someone could enter the john. So what the h#ll are we arguing about? Something that’s totally unenforceable regardless of which side you’re. So really its just an argument for arguments sake. Its not that anything can or will be done about it in reality.
    Losers: minimum wage employees who work the special events venues. They’re trying to get by and pay some bills but this unenforceable philosophical argument is more important than they are.
    Other losers: towns, communities, possible employees, and taxpayers who don’t get the benefit of the companies that would have otherwise moved here if this unenforceable philosophical argument wasn’t going on.

But hey, all the arguers don’t care about ‘those people’ they only care about their opinions because, after all, ‘they got theirs’. Their jobs, money, security and all.

And you know what? Today in NC people who looked like women went to women’s bathrooms and people who looked like men went to men’s restrooms and no one noticed and there were no incidents. Same thing will happen, next week, next month, next decade, next century.

YogiNC
    Participant

Roo’s motto is why use 5 words when 500 will suffice.

To use some lyrics from “Up on Cripple Creek”:

We had Spike Jones on the box
    She said, “I can’t take the way he sings
    But I love to hear him talk”

And Roo, I hated the way the last episode of The Blacklist ended. One of my favorite shows. Also was just getting into Training Day and now I’m wondering what they will do since Paxton died. I always enjoyed his work and he made that show work.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.