State downs Canes in resounding fashion

Home Forums StateFans Basketball State downs Canes in resounding fashion

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

It was a great win and a really fun day at PNC Arena. State played loose but with really good focus from the start and hit key free throws over the la[See the full post at: ]

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Fun day in what has been a disappointing season. Hope there are a few more like this one.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed. Abu’s little dance number says it all. Everyone needed this one, hope there are more to follow.

ryebread
    Participant

Good win, and a blueprint for the way we can win some more. Miami is actually pretty good this year. Here’s to hoping we see a few more like this.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… ah … another NoName Thread with the backdoor unlocked…

is this another way to keep things interesting around here?
    ————————

Yes… the PACK played to it’s potential against a “strong” opponent who didn’t….

Take the WIN and keep on pushing…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    pakfanistan
    Participant

We looked like a completely different team yesterday. WAY more focused, more disciplined, and more driven.

Losing Henderson was the second worst thing that could have happened to us this season.

TheCOWDOG

Moses should have cracked the tablets a couple weeks ago.

That’s it, from this particular Pharicy.

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

Speaking of resounding victories, the women’s team just beat the Holes 78-49. That’s not a typo. I believe that brings us to 7-2 in the league, while the Holes fall to 2-6.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. Dog…

methinks you’re much more of a “Prophet” than a “Pharisy” ….

somethings in the areas of respect for structure and discipline and tolerance for those who think they GOTT it right and they really are wrong…

idk…

on the other hand…
    challenging the “manhood” of today’s kids can be a high risk approach, but…

when you GOTT nothing to lose…
    you GOTT nothing to lose….

——————
    Rematches on the road this week against the Noles (mon) and Dook(sat) should prove evidential of our progress or lack thereof…

I’m thinking we split — 1-1 for the week… in two close games….

MrPlywood
    Participant

challenging the “manhood” of today’s kids can be a high risk approach, but…

That the team responded like they did shows their character.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Yes… and I especially like the plain white – no name – practice jerseys …

the story is told in Durham of one game in Cameron where Dook was getting blasted and Coach Rat called timeout and told his kids in some erratic and angry combination of English, Polish and cuss words… that WoJo translated…

Before you go back out on the court …
    turn your shirts in side out…
    cause you ain’t playing Dook basketball… (PG version)

I don’t remember who won that game… in not important to the point being made…

PackFamily
    Participant

Glad we got the win and that MG shook up the team….but why does it have to come to this before he demands excellence? We’ve seen this before.

Now that they have won, does MG go back to his previous style of coaching? Until he demands this level of performance consistently, we’re still just a middle of the road ACC team.

Rick
    Keymaster

It is a nice win against a good team.
    I agree he needs to demand more from his teams. I think he can be too much of a “players coach” which makes it confusing on why so many leave.

Since74
    Participant

Maybe he should just call everybody “Calvin”.

PapaJohn
    Participant

“Maybe he should just call everybody “Calvin”.”

That made me laugh out loud! Great way to start a day!

Canes game was a great report card for both staff and players. Staff got the player’s attention, players responded and played up to their potential against a very good, well coached team. In the post game Larranaga said that the Pack beat them in ‘every phase of the game.’

I am encouraged, but want to see how the week plays out before I start thinking positive thoughts. There’s only 9 regular season games left, barring a miracle, too late.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

We don’t always win basketball games. But when we do, we prefer to beat Top 25 teams.
    Stay hungry, my friends.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.