7 Suspended against Louisville

Home Forums All StateFansNation 7 Suspended against Louisville

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    fullmoon1
    Participant

I wonder if it was an actual BB gun or an airsoft gun. Airsoft guns are hot right now and many people refer to them as “bb” guns. They shoot a small plastic pellet and look amazingly real and come in fully automatic and semi automatic. Either way at least it wasn’t a real gun like unc stars.

infinity_hearts
    Participant

The thing is, it was off campus.. Why is it such a big deal..? Its not like those tar heels haven’t done it. They probably just hid it like that scandal going on.

Greywolf
    Participant

But in the bigger picture, I agree that you need an attacking defense. Whether or not you can successfully attack with our current personnel is a completely different issue.

Some of us don’t seem to grasp this simple truth. Repeating myself I know but if you have big, fast, aggressive defensemen capable of attacking an offense, it doesn’t much matter what scheme you run. If you don’t have those defensemen, it also doesn’t much matter what scheme you run.

For all we know Hux may be the best there is at getting the most out of semi-athletic, quasi-fast defensemen who are poor tacklers. Most humans like to have somebody to blame for our failures. Hux fills that role as well as any coach we could hire with the present group.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

If I had to choose, I’d rather my college coach be more of a disciplinarian than too lenient. I think the BB gun antics are rather pedestrian, although the actions clearly show a level of immaturity. The real lesson to be taught is how easily these BB guns can be mistaken for actual guns and therein lies the real danger.

For reference, when I was a kid in high school and college, I helped my father train bird dogs. For this I had one of my Dad’s old “starter” pistol that fired only blanks, no red cap on the end of the barrel to indicate it was not a real gun. Because I was an idiot teenager I kept the thing in my glove box. One night I got pulled by a state trooper in town because of a busted tail light. When I opened the glove box to get my registration the starter pistol dropped out. The trooper was busy running my license on the radio so he didn’t even notice the thing and I quickly tossed it to the back of the glove box, but had he seen it things could have gotten really uncomfortable.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

If I had to choose, I’d rather my college coach be more of a disciplinarian than too lenient. I think the BB gun antics are rather pedestrian, although the actions clearly show a level of immaturity. The real lesson to be taught is how easily these BB guns can be mistaken for actual guns and therein lies the real danger.
    For reference, when I was a kid in high school and college, I helped my father train bird dogs. For this I had one of my Dad’s old “starter” pistol that fired only blanks, no red cap on the end of the barrel to indicate it was not a real gun. Because I was an idiot teenager I kept the thing in my glove box. One night I got pulled by a state trooper in town because of a busted tail light. When I opened the glove box to get my registration the starter pistol dropped out. The trooper was busy running my license on the radio so he didn’t even notice the thing and I quickly tossed it to the back of the glove box, but had he seen it things could have gotten really uncomfortable.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

ncsu1987
    Participant

VaWolf82 said:

But in the bigger picture, I agree that you need an attacking defense. Whether or not you can successfully attack with our current personnel is a completely different issue.

Agree completely with this. The bolded part is the key. I don’t know enough about Huxtable to know, but I’d like to: in previous jobs, when he had the personnel, was he aggressive, attacking? That’s what I want to see. But for all I know, Hux would love to do that too, he just knows the personnel better and believes it would be a disaster.

AlphaWolf said:

They are guilty of being immature and irresponsible. Nothing more, and nothing less.

This is all that needs to be said. Compared to what is making headlines at other schools, this is banal stuff. I appreciate that Coach D took action, and I believe the punishment fits the crime. Count me among the population VERY, VERY grateful that I was a dumba$$ teen before the age of smart phones.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.