2018 ACC Tourney

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 2018 ACC Tourney

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

After a good start…
    Clempsom with 5pts in the last 11 minutes of the 1st half…

‘hoos up 9 at the half…

Defense or something!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Underdogs – 1
    Favorites – 10

‘hoos win by 6

whatever…

POP!!!

Texpack
    Participant

Not watching vomitfest. Go Rockets!

choppack1
    Participant

And in other news, NC State was subpoenaed by the FBI. Deb, I really hope you know what you were doing and what your coaches have done.

MrPlywood
    Participant

And in other news, NC State was subpoenaed by the FBI. Deb, I really hope you know what you were doing and what your coaches have done.

😐

MrPlywood
    Participant

Didn’t watch the game, but enjoyed these clips of Grayson Allen’s greatest trips, including a hip check during tonight’s game. The Pack is featured in one segment. Seth Greenberg bends over backwards defending GA – makes no sense doing so. What a dirty punk. Hope he enjoys his 3 year career in the D-League.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22708991/duke-blue-devils-grayson-allen-receives-flagrant-foul-1-hip-checking-north-carolina-tar-heels-garrison-brooks

Wulfpack
    Participant

I honestly didn’t think much of the hip check last night. That happens all the time.

choppack1
    Participant

Kind of like how Laettner’s “stomp” has been made a part of popular lore, while no one ever talks about Stackhouse’s stomp of Bryant Feggins

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK!!!

So I fell asleep in the big chair last night watching Blacklist and missed the ButtFoul and a bunch of more FUGLY basketball, mostly by Dook…

Tonight… I’m gonna try to do better, but the change from Slow Time to Fast Time might interfere… we’ll see…

HOLES v. ‘hoos…
    Hateful v. Obnoxious…
    What a f’ing choice…

But it’s the Championship Game of Tournamenttime and you just gotta watch, right?

I’m hoping the ‘hoos utterly destroy and demoralize the HOLES and send ’em home with their tails ‘tween their legs, and not ’cause there’s anything I like ’bout the ‘hoos either…

GO WOLFPACK!

POP!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well… Tournamenttime is finally over…

Hoos take the HOLES down 71 -63…

Turn ya’ll’s clocks back…

Good Night Gents!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Hoos win, no blues lifting that trophy tonight. That’s fine in my book. I watched the last 12 minutes, I didn’t see anything particularly objectionable or “hard to watch” about UVA’s style of play. I thought I’d point out that during their end of game stretch, that highly disciplined team made at least three mistakes: ran down the clock passing up two good shots and ended up with a missed reverse layup, fouled a 3pt shooter, and had a turnover on an inbound pass that gave uNX the ball under their own basket. Mistakes happen to everyone, the trick is to minimize yours and take advantage of your opponent’s mistakes.

State still makes mistakes, but they won 11 games with room to improve. That’s why I remain optimistic for the future.

McCallum
    Participant

Go to hell carolina!!!

McCallum

Wulfpack
    Participant

Congrats to the Hoos. 20-1 and ACC Champs. Remarkable season. Like Plywood, I don’t see much objectionable about their style of play.

Wulfpack
    Participant

3 regular season championships and 2 tourney championships. New Sheriff in town (it seems).

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.