2015 ACC / Conference tournaments open thread – part 2

Home Forums All StateFansNation 2015 ACC / Conference tournaments open thread – part 2

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Championship day in the ACC. At least it’s not “ALL BLUES!” being shoved down your throat … only one of them made it. Figured I would start a fresh thread … will probably start a ‘NCAA selection show’ open thread tomorrow.

In addition to the Harvard-Yale playoff game, there are 14 championship games today – first one up at 11am is the America East final on Espn2.

Possible bid-stealers still alive: Auburn (SEC), UConn (AAC), Tulsa (AAC), Wyoming (Mountain West), Rhode Island (A10). Wyoming is in the MW championship against SDSU tonight. UConn and Tulsa face each other today in an AAC semifinal in Hartford.

Have fun and post away!

Tourney winners so far | Daily scoreboard | Conference tourney schedules/results

Bubble Watch | Espn bracketology | Cbssports bracketology | NCAA Selection Committee Sheets

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Palm dropped Duke off his 1-line after the loss to Notre Dame. Simply put, I don’t agree. It’s more likely Virginia would drop off, as the committee has a built-in excuse of Anderson still “injured” and UVa lost 2 of final 3. I think they both merit a 1, fwiw, with Villanova claiming the 4th #1.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think Palm is nuts, Dook and Wahoowa both #1s.

We are all Catholic in spirit today.

Wyoming is the place of my birth, so go Pokes! Send the lousy Hoosiers home. The tourney would also be more fun with Bruce Pearl in it, and without Ole Miss.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Duke and UVa are ones. We’ll see if the last “one” is a Nova, Wisconsin or Zona.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I don’t remember pulling for Notre Dame this hard since the ’70’s when they were playing UCLA.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I don’t remember pulling for Notre Dame this hard since the ’70’s when they were playing UCLA.

SERIOUSLY. For me, it was 1990 or 1991, when I cheered for them to beat CO in their bowl game so GT could (rightly) be the clear national champion. The Buffs had a loss and a tie PLUS the “5th down” game which for some inexplicable reason was not treated like a 2nd loss by the voters.

Naturally, the Irish lost. On a controversial holding call, no less.

I sort of pulled for them against Rapey Jameis this past season too.

Naturally, the Irish lost. On a controversial OPI call, no less.

Sadly, I sense a pattern here.

4in12
    Participant

I said in the Tourney time! thread:

… no team has ever won the tournament playing more than three games.

I have to pick ND tonight. Chapel Hill will be playing their fourth game in four days.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Good point. Paige and Jackson are going to have to knock some down if they are going to win it. Notre Dame is just too balanced offensively for a team to withstand any kind of off night.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Today’s games have been shit.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Pup…

My first take on this was that the original thread was closed because of an invasion from the cluelesstrolls, gotthaters and idiots…

Alas that doesn’t appear to the case…

You know who you are and Google knows where you live…
    read more…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

Kentucky is better than everybody else in the country, but after watching a few SEC games this weekend it’s a lot easier to understand how they went undefeated. Everything from their second round game on will be against a team that’s better than anybody else in the SEC. I don’t think they’re quite the lock a lot of others think they are.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Much like UNLV during their heyday…it doesn’t do one any favors to go this long playing mediocre foes.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Finally found something watchable – freaking Yale/Harvard!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yup. The big 28 getting it done. Remember back when they used to be a TV channel for realz?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yup. The big 28 getting it done. Remember back when they used to be a TV channel for realz?

I had no clue they were in HD now, or even still a channel. Poor Yale, a tourney drought since I was -11. I hope Monty Burns didn’t get his hopes up too much.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Pup…

My first take on this was that the original thread was closed because of an invasion from the cluelesstrolls, gotthaters and idiots…

Alas that doesn’t appear to the case…

Haha nah, just time for a nice clean, fresh thread 🙂

In case any haven’t noticed, I’m not so big on closing down discussion or silencing opinion – no matter how uncomfortable or obnoxious it may be at times. Spice of life and free speech and all that 😉

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

beej…

I’m pretty sure I’m part Hebrew, which is not the same as Jewish…

The last Catholic in my line was beheaded in Lewes in 1584, I think, when the rowdy Protestants burned our castle.
    So if it doesn’t offend anyone, I won’t be Catholic today.

That said… I’m hoping for double overtime game tonight with both teams playing next Thursday afternoon in the West.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Pup…

did you click on that Google link and read the details of the new Google search algorithm based on the “truth and accuracy” of the website?

That sh%t could be “very interesting” in terms of business strategy for internet related businesses.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Pup…

did you click on that Google link and read the details of the new Google search algorithm based on the “truth and accuracy” of the website?

That sh%t could be “very interesting” in terms of business strategy for internet related businesses.

Yeah, I’ve read a little bit about that beforehand … not quite sure what to make of it just yet. At first glance, I’m wary and uncomfortable of an algorithm deciding what is absolute “fact” and “truth”. I’m admittedly speaking from a position of ignorance as to how the algorithm would work and how Google’s supposed “truth vault” is comprised.

Sounds ripe for manipulation to me. It also sounds like the beginnings of ‘Skynet’, only called ‘Google’ hahahaha

That said, page rankings are heavily manipulated now. I still trust the individual end user to be able to determine fact from BS, however, better than a Google algorithm. Just b/c people can be lazy or even have a taste for salacious gossip doesn’t mean they’re stupid and need to be guided to “correct” links. Huge difference between how to think vs. what to think.

I think I can see what Google is getting at and potentially aiming for, just not sure if I agree til I know more about it. I have a personal thing about not visiting Gawker media or Vox media websites … but that’s my personal decision. I don’t need Google deciding it for me.

It’s interesting.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

41-41 w/ 90 seconds to play has to be a HWSNBN wet dream (UConn-Tulsa)

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m watching now. These teams are shit. Frank Haith’s involvement is a partial explanation.

Wulfpack
    Participant

UConn 1 win away from an improbable run, and stealing a bid. Ollie knows the deal come tourney time.

Updated Lunardi – 8 seed in the West facing Dayton. Winner gets the Badgers. No thanks.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The best ball BY FAR is the Big 12. JUST NONE OF THOSE GUYS, please.

Wulfpack
    Participant

VCU bests Davidson, and Dayton gets past Rhode Island, setting up the Rams and Flyers for the A10 crown tomorrow. That should be a good one.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wyoming? Better looking cheerleaders than you’d expect.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.