2014 NCAA Tournament Open Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 2014 NCAA Tournament Open Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

.. Pup … we’ll be alright as long as… we don’t try to interpret the theological dimensions of NCSTATE Football and Basketball in the context of Presbyterian Calvinism…

fwiw2… I’ve been doing some missionary work with the local Methodists for a couple years… with interesting results… the Methodists needed some help too… :>}

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster
    JasonP
    Participant

K relied on the 3’s this season because his guards can’t break anyone down off the dribble, nor can they drive with regularity. Mercer was not afraid of them today. They were ready to play and win.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^Kids will be Kids…. all day long….

Danny Boy… ought to get a scholarship from Mr. Jefferson’s University…

I wonder if K’s kids… GOTT some #NCSTATESH%T on their sneakers playing on our court?? Just hope they sent some to San Antonio for the Holes…

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^Methinks the Whiskey Palians may make a run.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

“Hey Pop… we coulda done this same Sh%t at NCSTATE and I wouldn’t have had to put up with Coach K’s && Wojo’s mouths all season…

… Just pick me up in the West Parking Lot … I ain’t f’ing running all the way back to Durham… OK Pop? ”

JasonP
    Participant

^ Jefferson left it on the court today – 11 boards in 27 minutes. Really could’ve used that guy.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^..yep … and he will “haunt” us until he turns Pro… thanks Mr. Jefferson…

Wulfpack
    Participant

Sean Miller and Dawkins advance. Vols looking good.

85Designo
    Participant

Did you think it might have something to do with having to play a season afraid of fouling or being able to draw a foul at will with ACC refs, then having to learn how to play in the Tourney under a totally different way of game calling with non-conference refs? Otherwise, being tentative in the paint on defense like State last night.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^well… back in the days of 7 -8 ACC teams… the league was known as a “finesse league” and we heard that same stuff every season from everybody from College Park to Atlanta…

…what goes around … comes around… I suppose…

Let’s see what the Zebras do in San Antonio tonight first… before we jump to any conclusions…

Gowolves
    Participant

The Zags game has been horrible to watch! My god close to 50 fouls called in this game. These refs need to be fired

redcanine
    Participant

Y’all hear about King Karl Hess’ latest blunder? Kicked Nebraska’s coach out of the game for being the only one in the building to notice the shot clock malfunction. Greensboro loves this guy.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Y’all hear about King Karl Hess’ latest blunder? Kicked Nebraska’s coach out of the game for being the only one in the building to notice the shot clock malfunction. Greensboro loves this guy.

^Just came to post this … unreal.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Don’t look now…

…but at the Under4 (3:55) in the second half….
    Uncle Roy and his kids are down 5 to the Catholics… 71-66…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Uncle Roy escapes by a hair… and 2 free throws by a 57% FTshooter…MacAdon’t…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Coastal hangs tough with the ‘Hoos for 35 minutes, but UVa now pulling away and looking like they’ll avoid the stigma of being the first ever 1 seed to fall to a 16

MrPlywood
    Participant

Shaka and VCU bites the dust. I’ve watched the 4 point play about 10 times and I have no idea if that was a foul, but it looks like the Austin guy just sort of fell down. The VCU kid didn’t need to be near him though, so…

Note that VCU missed 4 out of their last 5 FT attempts.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Here’s the vid of the Nebraska game:

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… Coach was on the floor across the halfcourt line from his bench..

Hess thought that was “out of the coaching box” and T’d him up without asking why…
    No help asked of or given by the other ShowGirls on the court…

I’m guessing… “Why didn’t really matter” to Hess on the second T.

————

Shaka… is free to head south down I-85 to where ever his wife wants to go…
    I’m thinking she might like Atlanta a whole lot more than Winston-Salem unless she’s a Baptist…

Gowolves
    Participant

Dayton missed free throws but made just enough. Syracuse didn’t hit a three all night and they lost. Archie came close to being fired based some basketball savants on here.

TheCOWDOG

You Go Gowolves. It’s almost like he didn’t know what to do.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Badgers roll on with a hard fought win.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Looks like Michigan State will finally be able to put away pesky Harvard. Michigan and Wisconsin have already advanced. ACC down to two – UVA and UNC. Very poor showing.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I love the way Wichita State plays. Love it. I hope Gott is watching.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.