2014 NCAA Tournament Open Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 2014 NCAA Tournament Open Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

The tournament goes into full swing tomorrow (Thurs) starting just after 12pm .

Of course, we know the Pack has moved on to Orlando, and Cal Poly just joined them in the Midwest bracket – advancing to play Wichita State (shock ’em!). UAlbany eliminated Mt. Saint Mary’s, and the last ‘First Four’ match-up between previous Pack foe Tennessee and Iowa is about to begin.

Please share your thoughts or goings on … also, feel free to add NIT scores, etc.

Speaking of Iowa, I came across this the other day …

Enjoy the tournament everyone.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Hawkeyes looking pretty good so far.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Is it wrong that I’m pulling against SMU?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Is it wrong that I’m pulling against SMU?

Haha, I’d actually be concerned if any Pack fan weren’t pulling against SMU after these past few days.

Wufpacker
    Participant

LOL, true enough. In the interest of full disclosure, I couldn’t care less about UC Irvine….just the schadenfreude for the pony express.

Of course Irvine not cooperating, ended the half with a modicum of bed shatting.

One of our quality wins looking to bow out early to the Hawkeyes. Hope it doesn’t plunge our RPI….oh wait, that doesn’t matter anymore.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Iowa-TN has turned into a pretty entertaining game …

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed. Both teams have been working their backsides off in that one. Looks like it’s gonna go to the wire.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

TN has had a foul called for them on 5 of their last 6 possessions.

McCaffery has to be ready to throw a patented McCaffery tirade.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m sure CBS hates not being able to milk a private family tragedy every 5 minutes in the next round. Vols march on, maybe they could send our favourite group of asterisks home.

I am sooooo excited to begin the Bacchian orgy of hoops in full today…

redcanine
    Participant

Daniel Dakich, filling in on Mike & Mike, just called *NC “historically soft”. “I did a Carolina game last week, and I look around the rafters and see the jerseys of all these great players and think ‘man, they WERE soft’.” And this, “Bobby Knight was winning national championships with guys like ME(!). What did Dean Smith do? But… their campus is really pretty.”

I’m beginning to like this guy.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Don’t be fooled. Dakich is clown. He hates NCSU. Can’t stand our fan base. Opening dislikes Julius Hodge. And I recently heard him say that as long as Roy is coaching, he is taking the Heels as he coached against Roy and is impressed. He is a joke in most media circles. Nobody can stand him. In the coaching behavior national debate, he made a comment on a podcast “you in the media”… Katz then asked him how he makes his money (broadcasting, own radio show, radio appearances, etc).

redcanine
    Participant

^Well, I heard him a couple of weeks ago say that he really disliked (almost said hated) LAST year’s NC State team… and admitted that State fans gave him hell for it… but this year’s squad is tougher and plays better basketball.

Either way, I thought those comments about the Holes were funny. Taking a shot at Dean!!

Wulfpack
    Participant

He does like our team this year. He does NOT care for our fans. I’ve heard him disparage us on several occasions.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Fighting Archies need to hold on here.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wow, Craft did a stupid. Even the original Woo never intentionally fouled THAT obvious.

Wufpacker
    Participant

The Archies are killing me. Chance to make it a two possession game, then poof…..all tied up.

Now you see why I don’t bet real money on sporting events. I’d have a stroke.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Pitt up 33-9, in the battle to get fed to the Gators. I really freaking HATE tOSU, though I’m not sure why.

Wufpacker
    Participant

tOSU with a STUPID foul. Now hopefully Dayton can sink all three FTs

BJD95
    Keymaster

An even dumber Buckeye foul. They gon’ kill Thad Matta.

patientwuf
    Participant

Wow, Craft did a stupid.

Seems to be the norm for the entire team.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well, we’re gonna see how well Archie can draw up a last shot play for the win I guess.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Dayton’s help defender should have blocked Craft’s shot easily. He quit on the play.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wow, the Pitt and Wiscy games aren’t even entertaining at this point. Beatdown specials.

Wufpacker
    Participant

SWEET!!!! Nicely done by Arch and the Archettes.
    Dayton moves on, and I avoid sullying my bracket on the very first game.

BJD95
    Keymaster

American was beating Wiscy 19-12. They are now down 60-26. That would be a 48-7 run.

Yay, Fighting Archies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.