Reply To: In the Eyes of a State Fan, Wainstein Offers Redemption for Media

Home Forums All StateFansNation In the Eyes of a State Fan, Wainstein Offers Redemption for Media Reply To: In the Eyes of a State Fan, Wainstein Offers Redemption for Media

Wolfanatic
Participant

I think that all State fans would relish the imposition of the “Death Penalty” upon UNC, but realistically, while it probably should be imposed, it won’t be. The NCAA has not levied the death penalty on any Division One program since the “Ponygate” incident at SMU in 1987. The severity of the penalty was such that the SMU football program was utterly destroyed , and when they did return to the field, twenty straight losing seasons ensued. The loss of money was devastating for the school at large. The NCAA realized the effects of the death penalty, and it has not doled it out again. The NCAA recently relaxed and lifted the penalties they handed out for the most egregious and disgusting behavior in college football history at Penn State. In light of that, I may be wrong, but unfortunately, I don’t see the death penalty being handed down to UNC. Tis a shame, but I think that the NCAA’s version of “Ole Sparky” will remain empty.