Reply To: UNC Becomes A Literal Punchline On SNL

Home Forums All StateFansNation UNC Becomes A Literal Punchline On SNL Reply To: UNC Becomes A Literal Punchline On SNL

ncsu1987
Participant

I personally think that we should hang banners for our ACC basketball title game losses to UNC in the Finals. The ACC may not award us with the titles, but they will hang there with a reminder that UNC did in fact cheat when they won those years.

If nothing else, maybe it becomes a discussion point for 20-30 years down the line when all of that has been neatly swept under the rug by UNC.

Gotta admit, my first reaction to this was to roll my eyes. But, the more I think about it, the more I’m coming around. I get the whole argument that vacating wins doesn’t award victory to the other team, but I guess I fundamentally disagree with that philosophy. In addition, I don’t see a huge difference between awarding ourselves ACC championships and UNX awarding themselves the Coastal Division title. And, thanks to UNX, the precedent has been set: the conference office clearly has no problem with it…