Reply To: Is Dave Doeren a Real Candidate for the Kansas Job?

Home Forums All StateFansNation Is Dave Doeren a Real Candidate for the Kansas Job? Reply To: Is Dave Doeren a Real Candidate for the Kansas Job?

packalum44
Participant

It seems human nature is geared to vindicate original assessments as opposed to applying Bayesian logic – i.e., use new information to continually update opinions.

I went from Good Hire – to Questionable Hire – to Even More Questionable Hire – to Maybe a Good Hire.

Hindsight Bias abounds on this thread.

I think Matt Canada has shown tremendous and consistent ability in his play calling. Even last year I was optimistic about the offensive play calling but the execution just wasn’t there (no QB).

DD still has question marks and is far from certain the next Mack Brown. Time will tell, but one thing is certain, I will update my thinking based on new information.

Our defense is incredibly atrocious though in large part due to a lack of talent. I think if DD continues to recruit well (this class is blah on paper) and trends upwards, the sky is the limit for a good coach. I hope he is a significantly better than average coach b/c we are nowhere near close to having Clemson or Fl State talent. We will have to out-scheme and out-coach the 2 best coaching staffs int he ACC.