Reply To: DD and Recruiting … Has NC State moved into the Elite?

Home Forums All StateFansNation DD and Recruiting … Has NC State moved into the Elite? Reply To: DD and Recruiting … Has NC State moved into the Elite?

Fastback68
Participant

I read on multiple State sites at the time that “it was win this game or you are out the door” and several posters on SFN said the same thing. I repeatedly questioned that scenario from various “insiders” and always got the same it’s true response. Grey, you are the first poster that I’ve seen that says that maybe this wasn’t the case. All the positives that DD brought to the table up to that point were out the window if true. How would any of us handle that type of scenario in corporate america? Make this sale in the next 3 hours or you are fired. How would that sit with you? Go watch that game. DD was aggressive and used several trick plays to build a 21-0 lead. There was quite an argument about the second half on SFN about whether or not DD climbed into his conservative shell. I believe the win or goodbye ultimatum was valid.

After much deliberation, I went to my employer early in my career and said I had two offers for almost double my then current salary. First of all, I was prepared to walk out the door that day. Secondly, I knew the department was severely understaffed. Lastly, I knew my boss hated the hiring process. DD got a material raise and so did I without a legit offer in hand. That tells me DD doesn’t have a warm, fuzzy relationship like GottYow.