Reply To: Doeren on flight to Boston this week

Home Forums StateFans Football Doeren on flight to Boston this week Reply To: Doeren on flight to Boston this week

ryebread
Participant

gray: As always, I hope you are right.

While I get that the kids aren’t playing right now, the recruiting rules changed this year:
https://247sports.com/college/football/recruiting/ContentGallery/Recruits-who-committed-to-Power-5-schools-this-week-118418443

During the past week alone – beginning May 19 and ending May 25 – there were 28 players from the class of 2019 committed to Power Five college football program, including 27 high school prospects and one junior college prospects. Of the high school players who committed this week, three were rated as five-star prospects and six were rated as four-star prospects, according to the 247Sports Composite. The lone junior college commitment of the week came from one of the top overall JUCO prospects in the country, per the Composite.

The list of Power Five schools that secured at least one commitment this week includes (in alphabetical order): Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, Northwestern (2), Notre Dame, Oregon (2), Penn State (3), Purdue, South Carolina (2), Stanford, Tennessee, Texas, TCU, USC, Virginia and Washington.

I wouldn’t be opposed to recruiting more in the northeast. We’re trying to build a mid-west Big 10 styled team. There are some kids in the northeast that Penn State, Michigan, ND, BC, Syracuse, etc. have gotten for years that fit that mold and have been good football players.

Dare to dream. Maybe it’s both?