Reply To: Grease Up, Hook Up, Get Ready to go to the Field – Spring Garden Thread – 2018

Home Forums All StateFansNation Grease Up, Hook Up, Get Ready to go to the Field – Spring Garden Thread – 2018 Reply To: Grease Up, Hook Up, Get Ready to go to the Field – Spring Garden Thread – 2018

highstick
Participant

Bill, I put out one bag of the DAP a week ago, but would an extra 40 lb bag of lime hurt/help, etc? The zoysia seems to be recovering for dormancy very well, but a bit patchy. I have mowed twice with the push mower and once with the rider(primarily to suck up some dead/loose thatch), then I raked. I had the rider deck set at 6 inches so I wasn’t cutting, just vacuuming and pulling up the loose stuff.

We’ve still gotten a lot of cool nights so I’m sure that’s impacting the dormancy process. Mine still looks better than any of the other zoysia lawns in the neighborhood.

I haven’t even thought about starting the veggies yet. It has been way too cool! But I’ve gotten to the point that I’m keeping that part of the farm pretty small.

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!