Reply To: PUT DOWN THE FOOTBALL AND PICK UP THE ROUND BALL

Home Forums StateFans Basketball PUT DOWN THE FOOTBALL AND PICK UP THE ROUND BALL Reply To: PUT DOWN THE FOOTBALL AND PICK UP THE ROUND BALL

ryebread
Participant

I have said since early that we were going to struggle against grind it out teams like Clemson (and specifically mentioned Clemson). UVA, Syracuse, Louisville and FSU likely will all be ugly because this team can’t shoot. If we can’t shoot, we can’t press, and we need the press to generate easy looks and force tempo.

We’ll do better against teams that are willing to go up and down more, even if they are considerably more talented (see Arizona). That’s not saying we’ll win these games, but just that the style of play matches up better.

Good game by Beverly and solid game by Yurt. Dorn got some rebounds, but didn’t make anything. My fear is that this will be common against taller teams if he’s playing the four.

I would agree that this team misses Markell. He’s not the reason we lost, but our margin of error without him is just razor thin. If he’s not back, then I don’t see more than 6 ACC wins this year.