PUT DOWN THE FOOTBALL AND PICK UP THE ROUND BALL

Home Forums StateFans Basketball PUT DOWN THE FOOTBALL AND PICK UP THE ROUND BALL

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Texpack
    Participant

Bad decisions for sure but Al Freeman’s defensive effort has been lacking in my opinion.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

At the Under 4 in the 2nd half…

Too little too late…

F83 — Looks like to me, it was more a matter of lack of Firepower and the inability to control the ball…
    six letters – starts with M…

PACK 0
    Tiggers 4

GO PACK!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Thank goodness that’s over…It’s going to be a long, cold, hard winter

freshmanin83
    Participant

Bill, is that a person. : )

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

BALLGAME….

Smoke IF you got ’em…

Shall we say… “It wasn’t our best day” ???
    or do you prefer… “No horses && No Wagon”…

At least we still can savor yesterday’s FOOTBALL game!

F83… I’m thinking ‘Yes’…

DRINK up boys…
    POP!!!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Allerick shot 2 for 11 from 3 pt line the team took 22 3’s

Pack shott 34% from the floor the tiigers shot 43%

Wulfpack
    Participant

This team is going to struggle in league play.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Seems like the same losing formula as other losses. Guards mostly ice cold and jack up too many shots and the big men who do much better not used enough. Except for Beverly 6 of 9 overall and 2 of 5 from 3 pt line.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Coach KK in the post game fluffer with Tony and Chucky Brown…

“I told the guys in the locker room…

‘We have a slim margin of error with the guys we have to put on the floor.”

… then he told Tony…

“Too many mental errors today…”
      “We don’t have a guy like Dennis Smith, so we have to play together…”

Also noteworthy…
    Beverly with 36 minutes today…

As said at the top…
    “PATIENCE”

POP!!!

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

This team is going to struggle in league play.

That’s pretty much what I’ve been expecting ever since last year turned to crap.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Now it’s time for the Saturday Night Fish Fry-link at Uncle Billy’s Beach Bar, Grill && Urban Farm….

Ya’ll tune into the live stream here-…

Got to get it up for tomorrow night!!!
    7-11 Ha!

POP!!!

choppack1
    Participant

A. Freeman needs to look for his shot a little less.

Glad I went to Star Wars with the family today instead

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Freeman is a broke down Allen Iverson. He really thinks he’s something else, I’ll tell you what.

freshmanin83
    Participant

A. Freeman needs to look for his shot a little less.

Glad I went to Star Wars with the family today instead

Disney is the evil empire. That’s my take.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Beverly, Yurt7 and L. Freeman were the only players playing team ball. A. Freeman needs to be forced to watch hours of CJ Leslie tape. Too many one on three fast breaks after a great defensive play on the other end and too many jacked up threes without passing to anyone else. Its been a long time since I’ve seen a ball hog as bad as him. We weren’t out talented so much, we could have stayed in it. We beat ourselves with stupid, selfish decisions on the court. Granted the rims weren’t kind but several of those missed layups were due to players trying to make a statement verses ensuring the bucket counted. This is a very immature teams that needs to grow up in a hurry.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Disney is the evil empire. That’s my take.

It’s called The First Order now.

YogiNC
    Participant

Freeman is a broke down Allen Iverson. He really thinks he’s something else, I’ll tell you what.

That is all on KK. KK should sit Freeman’s butt on the bench if he ain’t gonna play team ball.

Smarter than the average bear

YogiNC
    Participant

And BTW…Iverson should have sat his butt in a jail cell for 3 more years. He was a thug to the nth degree. Got caught doing 100 MPH on I-64 with a concealed handgun…no permit, and over an ounce of weed. Think he paid a price for any of that? NOPE! One would think he graduated from UNX.

Smarter than the average bear

13OT
    Participant

I’m thinking we should put down the round ball and pick up the football.

McCallum
    Participant

Hoosiers…..watch it.

McCallum

highstick
    Participant

The “round ball” that you are speaking of has to be a baseball..Right?

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

44rules
    Participant

It’s a guard’s game. We often run with 4. Our guards (usually) make bad decisions. You are defined by your decisions.

As far as AI goes, the weed and guns should be legal. It’s a speeding ticket.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

ryebread
    Participant

I have said since early that we were going to struggle against grind it out teams like Clemson (and specifically mentioned Clemson). UVA, Syracuse, Louisville and FSU likely will all be ugly because this team can’t shoot. If we can’t shoot, we can’t press, and we need the press to generate easy looks and force tempo.

We’ll do better against teams that are willing to go up and down more, even if they are considerably more talented (see Arizona). That’s not saying we’ll win these games, but just that the style of play matches up better.

Good game by Beverly and solid game by Yurt. Dorn got some rebounds, but didn’t make anything. My fear is that this will be common against taller teams if he’s playing the four.

I would agree that this team misses Markell. He’s not the reason we lost, but our margin of error without him is just razor thin. If he’s not back, then I don’t see more than 6 ACC wins this year.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Please look at the roster, folks. I get the criticism of Freeman, but who else you going to bring in? He was brought in as a grad transfer to score for this team because there aren’t many options. Without a healthy Abu and now without Johnson, we’re even thinner. Freeman will continue to shoot the rock, good or bad. They ain’t nobody else in the stable at the 2-3 spots.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I get the criticism of Freeman, but who else you going to bring in?

I have thought about this a lot, because Freeman has been getting on my nerves all year, even when we were beating the kupcakes. Somebody has to shoot and somebody has to score and there are not many options. The only answer to the question is to do a better job of pounding the ball in to Yurt, Lennard, and Abu, and let them attack the rim or pass it back out to the open man. The problem with Al Freeman is that he hogs the ball, doesn’t look to pass, tries to take on 2-3 defenders, and he has a terrible shot, especially when guarded. Playing as he does, he will get his points, but he shoots us out of the game doing it.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.