Miami’s win over Duke has propelled the Hurricanes to approximately #38 in the RPI and into the discussion for most bubble watches for a ‘projected’ NCAA Tournament. That actually ends up being good news for NC State who is holding firm at #55 in the RPI and has squeaked back into most NCAA Tournament projected fields as it is hard to include the Hurricanes and not the Wolfpack who won AT Miami.
4. Virginia: The Cavs recorded a season-high 20 turnovers in their loss to Florida State, which they blamed more on their execution than the Seminolesâ€™ defense. Senior Mike Scott continues to impress, as Virginiaâ€™s four losses this season have come by a combined 10 points.
5. Miami: It took three overtime periods — two versus Maryland, one at Duke — to extend the Hurricanesâ€™ winning streak to four, and in so doing, theyâ€™re pushing their way back into the NCAA conversation. Sundayâ€™s win marked Miamiâ€™s first at Cameron Indoor Stadium, and only its second win over the Blue Devils since joining the ACC.
6. NC State: Scott Wood made six 3-pointers in the Packâ€™s victory against Wake Forest. Most notably, he did it in his home arena, the RBC Center — although he told The News & Observer he prefers playing on the road. “Anytime you have fans talking trash, it raises your game.”
7. Maryland: The Terps gave the Tar Heels all they could handle on Saturday, even leading by as many as nine points in the second half before UNC rallied. Guard Terrell Stoglin continues to lead the ACC in scoring, but Maryland has now lost five of its past six games.
8. Clemson: The Tigers lost both their games last week and also lost forward Milton Jennings, who was suspended for the second time this season, this time for academic reasons. Heâ€™s out indefinitely, meaning the Tigers lose an average of 8.9 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.