The Wolfpacker has put together a summary of the Sidney Lowe timeline that is probably valuable to review. (Click here)
Sidney Lowe took the NC State coaching job in the spring of 2006 and quickly got to work on the recruiting trail, signing highly-regarded forwards J.J. Hickson and Tracy Smith. He also wasted little time working his magic on the court, posting back-to-back wins over ranked opponents in his first season.
Lowe couldn’t make it last, though, and officially resigned from his post yesterday. The Wolfpacker takes an in-depth look back at NC State basketball during the coaching tenure of the former point guard.
May 6, 2006: Lowe is introduced as NC State’s 18th head basketball coach…
The timeline dovetails nicely with this thread about Sidney’s greatest coaching moments at NC State. The following are some random comments from the thread to drive some reaction/response from you:
* Single moment – 1st season win over Carolina was the single best game the team has played in the Sidney Lowe era.
* Michigan game (ACC/Big Ten Challenge), Season One. The most excited I’ve been watching a game in quite some time. Plus, it made Jimmy Dykes stammer.
* Can’t forget the general excitement of the 2007 ACC Tournament run
* Ben McCauley jamming it in at the buzzer against Wake in 08 was pretty sweet as well.
* Initial press conference
* First year win over UNC.
* First year ACC tournament fan. It was nice beating Duke and then knocking out UVA who was coached by the psycho.
* NIT game at home against Marist. Reynolds was rocking in a way that it hadn’t been since I was a student. I was at that game at least an hour before tip.
* Win over Duke last year.
* The win over #20 Villanova to win the Old Spice Classic
* The genuine smiles such as the one given to CJW before the hug in the WF game
While you are here, please allow us to encourage you to shoot over to our message forums (click here) for a few minutes. You can explore and participate in dozens of current conversations that might be of some interest to you.