Pack Nine

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Nice to see Deathredge slap that 3 bagger.

Brownie should ignore the dugout with UK’s righthanders.
    Throw under the hands for as long as you can last.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Tied 3-3 thru 4.
    It’s on the duece

MrPlywood
    Participant
    40YdLine
    Participant

Brown starts the bottom of 6th?

"Don't ever give up"

40YdLine
    Participant

100 pitches down

"Don't ever give up"

Fastback68
    Participant

Come on Davidson, put a knife in that blue belly, thanks ply, got cards on tv

TheCOWDOG

Did I ever tell ya that my little brother held the SEC record for turning 2 from the 4 hole?
    UK honk.

Fastback68
    Participant

Davidson wins

MrPlywood
    Participant

Watching Cards needing a run, GS dismantling the Cavs, and keeping an eye on this game. Too many sports!

TheCOWDOG

Back to ESPN3 for tonight.
    Piedmonte to get the bump.
    Hopefully he can keep those UK righties at bay.
    Rain a factor. Game pushed back til 8.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Davidson wins

I heard they didn’t even have to cheat to do it

Heelh8r
    Participant

Start time now at 9:20.
    It will be on SEC network

Fastback68
    Participant

Hr, 2-0 pack

Fastback68
    Participant

Hanging in 4-4

Fastback68
    Participant

5-4 Pack

MrPlywood
    Participant

Go Pack!

44rules
    Participant

cut it off when they went ahead. Got tired of pitchers going 2-0 and 3-0 consistently. No way you can win that way – oh, and having a catcher who could catch pitches would have helped.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

ryebread
    Participant

I watched most of the regional for NC State. We basically ran out of gas from the pitching and the bats got cold at an inopportune time.

I don’t place this one on the catcher at all. He made some great catches in other games and we generally managed the pitching quite well.

I thought for how little we got out of the starters, we did pretty well. We were into the pen early and often, and eventually that catches up. I sort of felt like if we were going to win it, it needed to be Sunday night. I was pleasantly surprised when we got up early last night, and then again 5-4, but the outcome didn’t surprise me.

choppack1
    Participant

Nor did it I. This appears to be Avents ceiling. Like Sendek, he is above average at what he does, but has fatal flaws that have kept him from advancing too far. Like Gottfried, his teams predicted to be great often come up short.

Like Sendek, there’s a good chance that wif fire him, his replacement will be worse.

TheCOWDOG

It is what it always has been.
    If you don’t have the teammies that can douse the flames, you be Fu#$ed. ‘Cause Avent is a walking GE fan.

choppack1
    Participant

Cow – so are you saying rather than being a calming, steadying influence, he is the opposite?

I don’t have an informed opinion of his baseball managing capability- I just see us in the big games…where we can’t quite finish or get over the hump.

TheCOWDOG

Yep.

ryebread
    Participant

I think with Agent we were at the same spot we were at the end of the last two years. We have bottom level of the conference facilities and budgets yet get middle to middle upper level results. It seems like he “punches above his weight” to me.

Unless we’re going to get serious about baseball (example being the Taj Mahal Kentucky is building), I don’t see why we’d make a change. If we’re going to run it on the cheap, then I like these results.

I do think we need to find a better pitching coach. That’s fallen off a bit since our last one went to Auburn.

44rules
    Participant

Rye, did the last one go to Auburn for more dough? If so, then we deserve what we got.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I’m no Avent apologist, but….

On recruiting…

1. Baseball in warm weather South recruits itself.
    2. Fuhcilitees haven’t hurt recruiting
    3. Because of the draft, and player development from 15-18, and allotted schollies, recruiting baseball is a tough chore no matter where you are. IMO, Avent is an average to above average evaluator of talent.

On the season…

1. Our preseason rankings were too high, as I predicted
    2. Pitching was a major weakness, exagerated by Brown’s injury early and what appeared to be late season fatigue or soreness (just my observation)
    3. Bad regional draw. We should’ve been a #2 IMO, and may have landed in a better bracket. Kentucky was the better club.

Now on player development and game management, that’s another story..Never been impressed with any of those, especially the latter. But from my perspective, I can’t really criticize Avent too much for the postseason play. There have been plenty in years past. And you really can’t inspect him to manufacture runs, or use his pitching staff wisely, since his history in those areas is just…well, predictably gosh awful

But I am glad baseball fanatics everywhere got to witness his antics with the cap check episode. Reminiscent of many an unwarranted angry protest at the Doak.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.