N.C. State vs. Clemson – 9pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. Clemson – 9pm

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 339 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

Tonite was the straw that broke Gotts back for me. Inexcusible for the team come out at home like they did. I don’t understand the line ups Gott put on the floor in the later half of the second half. Where was Gott gonna get offense with Cat, Dez and Leonard and one of the Martine twins on the court together? NIT is now in question. Impressive loss by Gott and Co…..Impressive.

Heelh8r
    Participant

UNCLE

redcanine
    Participant

Is Gott gonna quit on us like he quit on Alabama mid way through the season? I’ve had his back up until recently. Tonight pushed it over the edge.

Smile for the camera!

ldr of the pk 75
    Participant

Fat lady isn’t around for the end, she sang in the first half and left.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Well that was a WTF moment.

ldr of the pk 75
    Participant

This a WTF program.

redwolf87
    Participant

We’re back to winning the tournament or hoping for a miracle on Selection Sunday. Just ONCE, I was looking forward to not having to sweat it out and seeing where we’d be seeded.

Well, I guess I got my wish. I’m not sweating it. Barring a miracle, we’re not going.

Overwhelmingly disappointing. Losing to this Clemson team on our floor is inexcusable, especially in the position we’re in.

If Gottfried talks about how proud he is of the team tonight, I may break something.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

The Wofford loss – it happens. The Cincy loss – ok, most teams have one of those a season. The other losses – tough, but understandable.

A loss like this, at home, in a game you have to have, against a mediocre opponent … and this is the performance?

I’m furious.

mak4dpak
    Participant

This team can beat anybody in the league, and come out in the first half playing like crap. What a joke! Maybe some day they will discover there are 2 halves in a game, and when are the smaller players gonna quit driving in trying to shoot over the Clemson’s bigs? Swat! How embarrassing! 3 losses in a row.

HeyImTwisted
    Participant

#HelloNIT

redwolf87
    Participant

Is Gott gonna quit on us like he quit on Alabama mid way through the season? I’ve had his back up until recently. Tonight pushed it over the edge.

Lutz wanted another shot. Maybe this is it.

I’ve had his back too. Even up until yesterday. Did not expect this. Inexcusable.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… that wa s a ‘little’ disappointing…

… more ‘aplomb’ to follow… maybe… maybe not…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Done with this season – done with this coaching staff. If they can’t generate better effort than this in their fourth year, it ain’t gonna happen.

16 points in a half, at home. More turnovers (7) than FGs (6).

Pull the plug, take ’em off life support…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

If Gottfried talks about how proud he is of the team tonight, I may break something.

I’m not listening. I can’t.

Wound is fresh and raw.

redcanine
    Participant

Who wasn’t surprised about the play where Ralston took a quick shot coming out of the timeout. Clemson had that one sniffed out. Jump shot was blocked!

We pulled within 3 and suddenly stopped attacking the rim. We were in the freaking double bonus!!!

WHAT

THE

HELLO?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

In other WTF news…

Yellow Jackets beat Miami by 20 in Miami…

that makes about as much sense as our game…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ILPackfan
    Participant

The problem is that this team’s only built to succeed when Barber, Lacey, and Turner are all hitting on all cylinders. Lacey’s pretty much held up his end of things over the course of this season. Turner has been streaky to say the least, and Barber, unfortunately, has regressed from the end of last season over the course of this one.

I hope Cat will prove me wrong, but at this stage, I’m wondering whether or not he’s cut out to be a starting ACC point guard.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’m just here for the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

inhoc…
    Participant

It’s all swoffords fault!! And unc and that rogue they hired to sabotage us! And can you believe! I heard congress had legislation written into Obama care that allowed them to screw state in scheduling for football and basketball!
    Obviously getting rid of Karl Hess didn’t prove to be effective as originally thought. There must be a puppeteer further up the food chain.

If it wasn’t for all the external factors that hold nc state down they’d have multiple NCs in both revenue sports!!!

Haha end of sarcastic rant. I’d imagine that if/when state finds a way to consistently win games a lot of the finger pointing (at eachother and everyone else) will stop.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’m just here for the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

You’ve come to the right place!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

It’s all swoffords fault!!

It will always be Swofford’s fault.

Even if we ever make another Final 4, something will still be Swofford’s fault.

🙂

packalum44
    Participant

Not sure what is worse: this loss or the fact it took this loss to open some eyes. This season is no different than the past 3. Different players, similar outcomes.

We’re likely stuck with G for another year due to $ constraints and we’ll lose Archie to a top 20 program. He’s not under the radar anymore.

redcanine
    Participant

Greg Marshall just flipped us the bird.

inhoc…
    Participant

Not sure what is worse: this loss or the fact it took this loss to open some eyes. This season is no different than the past 3. Different players, similar outcomes.

I don’t have to believe that, but common sense may [provale] eventually. You may be right. Not much evidence to say you aren’t. :/

wolfpackrich
    Participant

Like so many have said here tonight, I’m done with Gott. I’ve tried to believe he would be able to change the culture and loser mentality that has infected this basketball program now going on 30 years. But it is obvious he is not the answer. I’m so sick and tired of being sick and tired of hearing him and the players say we need to be tough, we didn’t come out with energy, we need to learn there are two halves in a game, We need to learn how to close out games, blah, blah, blah. We are in 22 games into year 4 and the culture has not and is not changing. These are his players now. No Sidney leftovers. And after the THREE emails I have fired off to Debbie Yow tonight I’m afraid they may never let me back into PNC arena. I’m disgusted with what I’m seeing. I’m frustrated to levels I never thought possible. I just thankful I attended State (’84-’89)and was able to experience an ACC championship in ’87.

Never thought I would say this but we are slowly becoming a football school. I hope Debbie has Archie Miller’s phone number close by.
    Absolutely pathetic and unacceptable. I wonder if Debbie is hearing from the big time money folks and supporters? I hope so.

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 339 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.