N.C. State vs. Clemson – 9pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. Clemson – 9pm

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 339 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Nobody said they had any right to be jealous.

Maybe green was the wrong color, as well. I dare say that Lacey has not taken advantage of the “burn.”

Don’t know boys, but I’ve been around long enough to recognize it when I see it.

There is a co-existance issue in the air, that a cowdog has sniffed.

…damned alter ego.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Maybe green was the wrong color, as well. I dare say that Lacey has not taken advantage of the “burn.”

Don’t know boys, but I’ve been around long enough to recognize it when I see it.

…damned alter ego.

The one year I thought everyone was getting along well too…I wonder if Gott plays his guys against one another too much.

TheCOWDOG

I had breakfast recently with an old college basketball coach, one who has a Natty ring.

A common theme when talking about coaching and problems within today’s game, was that many players come into the college game with no understanding of how a TEAM works.

Individualism is very difficult to overcome.

Cohesiveness on the floor is not always manifested in the lockerroom, and vice-versa.

Thinkpack17
    Participant

“6. Year 4 and still don’t have a PG of ACC quality.”

So….we are just ignoring the Lorenzo Brown years? Trevor Lacy isn’t an ACC quality PG? Am I reading this right?

jljones
    Participant

Don’t know why this team is so up and down but it appears the problems could be: 1) no creation of plays at point guard 2) no established starting lineup 3) poor game preparation 4)poor shot selection and so on. Bottom line, all the responsibility of the coach. Have seen State coaches from Case to Gott. The best in my opinion was in order Case, Sloan, and Valvano. Case and Sloan had terrible tempers but a fire in them to Win. Valvano had the X factor-he could win with less talent than the competition. Don’t pretend to know the coaching decesions needed for this team but Case, Sloan or Valvano would. Gott has to start making some corrective changes or recruit some 1 and done atheletes OR he is going to be on a real hot seat in the fans eyes and possibly by DY.

Rick
    Keymaster

…damned alter ego.

Whether it is a genrational thing or whether it is a Gott thing, we have seen it every year Gott has been here. First it was CJ Leslie, then it was Purvis, then it was Lewis, now it is Turner and Lacey. At some point the coach has to fix this.

I remember when people were blaming Costner for the Lowe problems.

rthomas44
    Participant

Please, DY will not even think about a new BB coach! Lowe never took a team to the dance and Gott has been three times with STATE. A lot of the people on this thread need help.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Please, DY will not even think about a new BB coach!

Not ever? I’m asking seriously if you think Gott’s 3 bids gives him a lifetime pass?

FWIW, the answer is no, they don’t.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, Gott is safe. FOR NOW. He can stay safe, but he’s got work to do to get there.

Nowadays, when a nat’l championship isn’t even a lifetime ticket, 3 bids and one sweet 16 won’t carry him far if the floor drops out.

Besides, when the murmur becomes a grumble, which it just about has now, DY would be a bad AD not to at least hear it. Even if she doesn’t agree. Yet.

PittsburghPackFan
    Participant

Please, DY will not even think about a new BB coach!

After witnessing DY’s handling of the TOB situation in football, I have no doubt she will let Gottfried ride off into the sunset if it comes to that. Whether or not she can name when the time has arrove is another thing.

I have every faith that she is making the best of the available choices. If the BB program has truly stagnated, she’ll pull the trigger.

Having said that, Go Pack! Get it together! We’re all behind you!

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

After witnessing DY’s handling of the TOB situation in football, I have no doubt she will let Gottfried ride off into the sunset if it comes to that.

One significant difference….she didn’t hire TOB. It will be interesting to see just how significant that difference is.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Like many others, I don’t think it has necessarily stagnated. I just think we now know exactly what we have. Expecting his results to suddenly deviate is hopeful wishing at best. This is what it is.

rthomas44
    Participant

DY knew Gott way back before Maryland and is her hire. Also, she wasn’t having any luck attracting any coaching talent when Gott called and ask to be considered. Gott is a first class coach and recruiter and all true NCSU supporters need to understand that “you don’t know what you got til it’s gone!

Rick
    Keymaster

Gott is a first class coach and recruiter and all true NCSU supporters need to understand that “you don’t know what you got til it’s gone!

HOw do you define both “first class coach” and “first class recruiter”?

rthomas44
    Participant

Look at what he did with that bunch that Lowe left …First class coach
    With out regards to who stayed, look at who came in to play…First class recuiter. Also look at even considered NCSU.

Wulfpack
    Participant

NCSU supporters need to understand that “you don’t know what you got til it’s gone!

As an NCSU supporter and avid basketball fan, I beg to differ. We know exactly what we got in Gott. He has been very consistent at being exactly what he is.

rthomas44
    Participant

Well, Mr. NCSU supporter, would you like to clarify that ” double speak” you just uttered?

Wulfpack
    Participant

There is no doublespeak there. He is what he is. Don’t expect him to be what he isn’t (and hasn’t) been. He is a fine coach but he is not going to take us to the next level.

Rick
    Keymaster

Look at what he did with that bunch that Lowe left …First class coach
    With out regards to who stayed, look at who came in to play…First class recuiter. Also look at even considered NCSU.

So are you unwilling to answer the question?
    What, in your mind, defines a first class coach?

TheCOWDOG

Geez…give the dude some time, Rick.

Hell, I’d be interested to hear all of our savants answer that question.

TheCOWDOG

….Meaning, what makes a first class coach, that is.

redcanine
    Participant

Great coaches have MENSA cards. Top shelf coaches have nursing degrees, meaning they can stitch a wound and keep you from crashing. All other coaches are coroners, IMO. They can identify the problem once they cut into the expired corpse.

Wulfpack
    Participant

A first class coach inspires confidence in his team. There is a sense of pride, and win or lose, you fight for your teammate and your school every time out. A first class basketball coach does not ignore the importance of being defensively sound, so that you may survive those off nights.

Gott is far from a dud, but he is also not first class. Not now. Not at Bama. Record, and play on the floor, back that up.

TheCOWDOG

^
    Good start. Triage is an admirable trait.

I never respected a coach that didn’t know the difference between a figure 8, and a basketweave.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Truly, my friend, if I could figure your code, I’d respond. But I can’t more than three quarters of the time. It’s not getting any better. And I’m not alone in that challenge. Just say it, man. Please.

TheCOWDOG

^
    Nope

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 339 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.