December MBB Game Threads — Five D2s in the PNC….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball December MBB Game Threads — Five D2s in the PNC….

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    tractor57
    Participant

If it was year 3 or 4 and no progress I’m all in but for first year with a cobbled lineup I am still impressed. Yes I’m a bit slow to trigger but not even a single ACC season begs the real lunatic fringe.

13OT
    Participant

There’s not much point in criticizing Keatts at this point. Like him or not, he’s ours for at least the next 4 seasons, and that’s after this one. Makes no difference to NCSU how bad we are right now. My expectations are higher but again, why complain?

I’ve been at all the home games so far, and the big problem so far is shooting. This is Basketball 101. This team simply can’t shoot. Period. They just don’t miss- they aren’t even close with a lot of shots. Their foul shooting could be worse, but field goal shooting, especially from deep, is atrocious. Beverly to me is doing a credible job with the ball, but he’s got a ways to go with his shot. Dorn is probably doing about as well as he can and I’ll hate to see him go next season. Batts, who has appeared lost on the court at times, seems off-balance with his shot- he seems to fly in ten different directions when he lets go from outside. He’s not bad driving to the basket. AF does ok most of the time but last night he couldn’t find the basket. Johnson to me wasn’t much of a shooter, and he turned it over in critical situations, but we need bodies right now. Hicks is out and the Captain has apparently been beamed down and only periodically appears. Hunt defines the streak shooter. Abu is still a work in progress and to me is our best talent. The bigs are improving. LF to me needs to play as much as he can. Y7 shows some promise if he’ll post up deeper, and when he posts away from the bucket, he needs to kick it back out and muscle in deeper for a return pass. He just needs to be meaner, but maybe it’s just his nature to play soft.

The most troubling thing to me, if there is one thing now, is that I’m having flashbacks of Justin Wells being benched on Senior Night and BJ Anyu’s on again and off again doghouse saga. There are some things the fans don’t need to know, but right now I’m a little confused as to why some players seem to be on their way to being lost on the bench.

I guess we’ll know a lot more after the first two ACC games in the upcoming weeks.

Rick
    Keymaster

I watched some of the game. Batts and Omer played more than Saturday. I am still not sure what happened there but that’s good.
    I sound like a broken record but the defensive fundamentals are really bad. The effort is impressive but good offensive players will kill our overplaying and bad footwork.
    We need better shooters. I am done with Al Freeman. He is very selfish and his ability does not justify his play.
    We won the game. KK is learning on the job in the toughest conference in the country. Tough learning environment.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

If you think the name on the front or back of the jersey means anything anymore in college basketball, you’ve not watched much in recent years. When you have to cobble together lineup just to field a team, how can you blame the current head coach? If you want to place blame, place it on the AD who hired his predecessor, or the prior coach himself. That’s where blame lies. How can you honestly expect a coach in his situation to have adequate depth?

The last two games have zero to do with game film from previous contests, or teams out scheming us. With Johnson, those games aren’t even close. If you’ve watched all season, the approach the last two games has been fundamentally different, and it’s had to be due to personnel. KK is not going to make excuses, and he minimizes Johnson’s absence in the post game, but we’re unable to penetrate as much off the dribble with Beverly at the point (Batts helps with getting into the lane), Hunt is our best shooter but he’s atrocious on defense. And in combination, as he’s said, we’ve been trying to integrate Abu back into the lineup, and playing bigger than we have all season. We’re a worse team playing bigger. Defense is worse, pressure is worse, and offensively, we simply don’t have the pieces. It’s fundamentally different, in terms of personnel and style, than how he wants and needs to play. Add to that our

I agree that he could’ve used Yurtseven more in the last 2 games, and that he might’ve adapted a bit more given the personnel situation and taken advantage of our size. But he’s trying to work Abu back into playing shape, figure out combinations and sub patterns. And Yurtseven picked up 2 quick ones in the last game, which also hurt.

We need to press, press, and press, run and run and run.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Nice win Wofford. Anybody look at the upsets amongst top 25 teams this year…almost every team has a Wtf loss. Parity is here in college basketball.

Pack1997
    Participant

Parity has been in college basketball for many seasons now. In some cases you have small schools with senior laden teams who have played together for a few seasons. Chemistry as well as men playing amongst boys evens the playing field. One or two matchup issues against a team can and does make a huge difference. I get where some of the folk on here are coming from with expecting to smoke smaller schools. Unfortunately, it isn’t the reality anymore in college basketball and hasn’t been for some time.

rthomas44
    Participant

Anytime the holes get embarrassed,… LIFE IS GOOD!!! I will wear a smile all day.

ryebread
    Participant

Whiteshoes absolutely nailed it. We can’t shoot and our roster is a mash up of players around the perimeter that don’t really mesh. Our strength is inside, but likely due to the fact we’ve play d smaller teams. Coach is trying to work Abu back in but we suffer offensively and defensively when he’s playing the four. Shrugs. That’s what we’ve got this year.

I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw of UNC/Wofford. I saw Wofford get up big, then try to sit on the lead. I turned it off when the phantom whistle came out. The things I liked about that game though were that this wasn’t a senior laden Wofford team. They had 5 freshman, 5 sophomores and 2 (3?) upper classmen. UNC also seemingly has absolutely nothing inside. I am not saying we’re beating UNC, but I will say that this is Roy’s weakest team since about year one. Maybe kharma is going to eventually catch up with them.

Texpack
    Participant

Hopefully the Pack fares better against Jacksonville than the Texans did. This one is even on real TV out here.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Just figured out on TV FSS

Texpack
    Participant

The Dolphins can shoot

Heelh8r
    Participant

If it was a game of HORSE I’d be worried but otherwise the Dolphins are not competitive

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Been in the kitchen getting that salt-cured, smoke ham ready for Christmas dinner…
    Ya’ll know it take 4 days to cook one right…

But on that radio on…
    PACK on a 22-7 run over the last several minutes… to open this one up…

10 TOs by Jacksonville…

Looks like we might have the exam blues behind us…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

Too busy watching 80’s mtv. Still miss chasing college age women.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

HALFTIME….

Smoke IF you got ’em…

PACK in total control….

Back to the kitchen!

POP!!!

Heelh8r
    Participant

I just buy a spiral sliced ham, but man, that sounds good BotB and sounds like fun too. I am planning to get that trip in to Atlanta Hwy Seafood with family next week after Christmas.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I am starting to wonder if Markell is done with us. I don’t get the feeling their is any anticipation of him coming back. I have not heard any leaks about what his his infraction was. He was not on the bench against RM, and I haven’t seen him tonight. I hope I’m wrong…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Yeah… cooking the salt cured SMOKEHOUSE HAM the same way my granny cooked ’em…

Day 1: Boil it a couple of hrs…
    Change the water…
    Boil it a couple more hrs…
    Pull it off the heat and wrap it in newspaper and a blanket
    Day 2: and let it sit for a day outside on the back porch…
    End of Day — Put it out the juice and wrap in tinfoil…
    Day 3: Let it chill — now that was back when winter’s were cold… so I gotta use the ‘frig for this…
    Day 4: Sometime in the afternoon…. slice it so thin,you can see thru it and put it in them soda biscuits…

Time to Eat!!!

Now you might remember that those hams were big boys 30-40lbs each and they hung in the Smokehouse 2yrs….
    All you can buy today is 15lbs +/- and one year in the salt…

Not quite the same, but close….

POP!!!

Heelh8r
    Participant

Let’s have one of those for our SFN get together…Where was that going to be?

Glad to see Kirk getting some PT

MrPlywood
    Participant

Freeman seems to have located the basket.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I know they’ve already had to repaint the rims 3 times this year from those clunkers he’s been throwing up

Wolfanatic
    Participant

KK should have put the walk-ons in with 5 minutes left and a 50 plus lead…JMO

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

And that’s your BALLGAME…
    Smoke IF you got ’em…

PACK breaks the century mark against the Fins…
    and finishes the ‘practice season’ 10-3…

Not Bad, all things considered…
    On the other hand, as always, could have been better…

Another week off and then it’s down to Death Valley for the beginning of the real season…

Biggest question on everybody’s mind…
    What’s up with Markel ???

Good night gents…

POP!!!

Texpack
    Participant

I just buy a spiral sliced ham, but man, that sounds good BotB and sounds like fun too. I am planning to get that trip in to Atlanta Hwy Seafood with family next week after Christmas.

Brisket is the weapon of choice for Christmas dinner here.

Historic performance from behind the arc. Not even the weave and heave made 19 3’s in one game.

pakfanistan
    Participant

As predicted, we struggled against the zone.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.