Injury-plagued safety Jarvis Byrd, has suffered his third torn ACL of his career and will miss the rest of the season. Byrd was injured during the Wolfpack’s game at Wake Forest on Oct. 5. Byrd had earned a starting job as a true freshman in 2009 before suffering his first torn ACL in a win against […]
If you haven’t caught this little nugget yet this afternoon, do yourself a favor and check out the N&O’s fluff piece du jour entitled UNC players have been talking about Pack since the summer.Â While not intentionally written with any sort of pro-Wolfpack slant whatsoever, it should still be entertaining for any Pack fan nonetheless.
A few priceless quotes to get you started….
From Sylvester Williams:
- â€œLast year, one of my best friends, Tydreke Powell, he cried because he was like, â€˜I wanted to beat State before I left.”
- â€œAll I remember from last year was us not being able to have much success on offense and us only having one sack on Glennon,â€ Williams said. â€œThe biggest thing is that after that game, I literally went to sleep for the next 30 minutes.â€
- â€œWeâ€™ve been losing to them the last five years in a row â€“ weâ€™re kind of tired of hearing all that.”
- â€œThey have all the rights to say it, but come Saturday, I think weâ€™re going to get after it. Itâ€™s definitely going to be a big win for us if we get it.â€ (bold added by me)
- “[Last year] They kind of jumped the gun on us early and we just couldnâ€™t do anything,â€
While it has twice won five consecutive games in the 118-year-old series, N.C. State has never stretched it to six against UNC.