If you haven’t caught this little nugget yet this afternoon, do yourself a favor and check out the N&O’s fluff piece du jour entitled UNC players have been talking about Pack since the summer.Â While not intentionally written with any sort of pro-Wolfpack slant whatsoever, it should still be entertaining for any Pack fan nonetheless.
A few priceless quotes to get you started….
From Sylvester Williams:
- â€œLast year, one of my best friends, Tydreke Powell, he cried because he was like, â€˜I wanted to beat State before I left.”
- â€œAll I remember from last year was us not being able to have much success on offense and us only having one sack on Glennon,â€ Williams said. â€œThe biggest thing is that after that game, I literally went to sleep for the next 30 minutes.â€
- â€œWeâ€™ve been losing to them the last five years in a row â€“ weâ€™re kind of tired of hearing all that.”
- â€œThey have all the rights to say it, but come Saturday, I think weâ€™re going to get after it. Itâ€™s definitely going to be a big win for us if we get it.â€ (bold added by me)
- “[Last year] They kind of jumped the gun on us early and we just couldnâ€™t do anything,â€
While it has twice won five consecutive games in the 118-year-old series, N.C. State has never stretched it to six against UNC.