Of course, nothing is a done deal in today’s crazy coaches market. But, the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting:
Navy coach Paul Johnson has an agreement in principle to become the next head football coach at Georgia Tech, two people close to the hiring process told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Friday morning. But as has been the case during this crazy season of the coaching carousel, it is not a done deal until Johnson’s name is on the dotted line.
* As we discsused in previous entries, we think Johnson is an excellent hire and is going to do a fantastic job at Georgia Tech. So, if PJ was inevitably going to be coaching at a school not named NC State in the ACC then we are glad that it is in the Coastal division instead of our Atlantic.
* Now that Johnson is off the market (presuming he signs the GT deal), it would be particularly nice if Michigan would come calling for Jim Grobe.
* There may be residual fallout from Johnson’s move to Georgia Tech that would be positive for NC State. It seems that Boston College offensive coordinator, Steve Logan, may be a potential candidate to replace Johnson as the Head Coach of Navy.
* Don’t overlook our Friday Bytes.
* Since we are talking about Georgia Tech football, you may enjoy this entry.