Yurt7 Out 9 Games-NCAA

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Yurt7 Out 9 Games-NCAA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pack78
    Participant

Omer will miss 30% of the season-can play exhibitions and practice with the team.

http://www.gopack.com/news/2016/10/31/mens-basketball-omer-yurtseven-certified-as-eligible-by-ncaa-with-conditions.aspx

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

That’s probably as good as one could hope for, all things considered…

We’ll see him on the hardwood…

Appalachian State
    Thu Dec 15, 2016
    7:00 p.m.
    AT HOME…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    packbackr04
    Participant

i dont understand… if hes eligible, then why isnt he eligible immediately?

what about Kapita?

MrPlywood
    Participant

i dont understand… if hes eligible, then why isnt he eligible immediately?

Because unx had phony classes. Duh.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Mr. P,
    I thought you were swallowed up by the flood waters of Matthew….glad you are alive and well as as cantankerous as ever.

Yurtseven’s “approval” was really a relief. The subterfuge and inuendo surrounding him (based on such past practices) and his “team” was pretty ugly….or what I read (and all of that was TRUE….of course….it was on the ‘Net).

So, the NCAA did “think” that someone (Yurtseven or family members) did receive more than just a little $$ or Perks. Otherwise, why would the NCAA require a “Contribution” to a charity? Secondly, the “30%” or 9 game suspension was probably punitive for alleged “being a Pro”.

That means we get Yurtseven for the conference run. I am OK with that….and it was probably about as good as we could expect, given the comments and other “supposed” issues could well have ruled him totally INELLIGIBLE….

BUT, that is one man’s opinion. NOW, if Yurtseven had appeared before the NCAA in a Pink jacket, green hat (with pink feather) and a shirt whose colors and design blurts….”LOOK AT ME…..LISTEN TO ME”, then maybe he would have been allowed to play earlier. You NEVER know….

MrPlywood
    Participant

Haha – I was actually on the other side of the world for a few weeks, in Manila. Two typhoons and two earthquakes later I’m back in the great NW. Thanks to jetlag I watched the 4th quarter of the Clempson game at 4am Manila time. Ugh.

Re: Yurt7, I’m only half kidding. Seems to me the NCAA is able to use it’s fine-toothed comb to “investigate” individual cases like this one, but the enormity of the unx case overwhelms them. 9 games and $1000 seems very arbitrary. (Just for fun, extrapolate that to determine reasonable sanctions for 20 years of ineligible players and orchestrated academic fraud for the Holes.) But State’s in the take it or leave it position, and for sure could have been worse. One explanation that made sense to me is that those club teams deposit money into accounts whether the players know about it or not, hence providing insurance *cough* blackmail *cough* that will keep the players from going to the States.

But he’s here, he’ll do his time and will be ready to go for the meat of the schedule. Survive and advance.

john of sparta
    Participant

Yurt and his family was like Cam’s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.