Your “Where’s Gen. Wm Tecumseh Sherman When You Need Him?” at GT Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “Where’s Gen. Wm Tecumseh Sherman When You Need Him?” at GT Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

No wonder the world is leaving us behind in Math and Science…..

BJD95
    Keymaster

Technically….U*NC shouldn’t have an athletic department at all. Games invalid!!

5-11 is just a running joke now, prediction was made pre-season, twas pointed out we played 18 ACC games now, but being ornery, Mc stuck by it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

1 more win gets us .500 overall. Prolly need at least 2-3 to get NIT bubble. Not sure we’d accept, though.

Heelh8r
    Participant

McOrnery has a ring to it I like it

saigonwolf
    Participant

I’m just waiting for the first poster to come on here wavering, questioning, did we make a mistake? Bank on it. It’ll happen. But I don’t give a rat’s a$$ – 51 point loss at the Nose Dome – largest margin of victory for them against us ever. 30 point loss at the Joel – largest margin of victory for them against us ever. Those two transgressions alone cannot stand for me. No looking back.

Wufpacker
    Participant

BUT….we will be at the BEST….6 and 12. We are 4 and 12 NOW (after the GT win). How are we going to go BACK to 11 losses?

hard work. gumption. a sticktoitiveness we have never seen before.

LMFAO

ryebread
    Participant

Good to get a win. I figured after this was official the players would play loose and harder and we’d get two more regular season wins (GT and Clemson). We may win one at the ACC tournament as well, but that is about it.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well… was ‘singing’ during the first half, listened to most of the second half on the radio — decided to lay low and not muck up the ju-ju….

Refs were inconsistent which helped assure the close finish…

Has anything this team done this season really been a “surprise”? They’re still far too unpredictable to predict.

It’s good to see our less talented “hustlers” getting critical development time on the court… Markel started, Kapita had a good night again… Hicks is another one with good feet, but he didn’t get to use them…

Anya is becoming legendary… for odd reasons.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    44rules
    Participant

Was at the game, and Packlanta half-filled a fairly large bar for the pregame a few blocks away. Great night.

The good: We hit shots – Henderson was really good. We rebounded – first time since the Todd Fuller administration, I reckon.
    The bad: They still drove around us to the basket like a Porsche swerving around pylons. And we really don’t seem to run a discernible offense much of the time – pass around the perimeter and play hero ball at the end.

But a win is a win. Particularly when you get to watch it in person.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Adventuroo
    Participant

I woke up in the middle of a dream this morning. There were NO recreational chemicals or other mind altering chemicals involved nor any alcohol as I had to fast and no liquids for a surgical procedure later today.

We were celebrating in Raleigh over the UVA (NOT GT) win. Bars were open all night and there were OTR rigs (think NASCAR Driver Merchandise) with NCSU logo items. One bar had rented the Cow Palace and there was a circus going on. PETA was not there, so there may have been animals.

If this is a predictor, then we will be memorialized….

Seriously (and the dream story is TRUE), we played an excellent game for about 36 minutes last night. Can’t remember the time….probably under 5 when we were up by 13. The last play was executed perfectly by GT and it was an Wide OPEN uncontested (although a bit hurried) shot. Just did NOT drop…+3 would have put us down -1….

Lucky that we did not totally fall apart. Great effort. I still think that Anya should be given the Spirit of the Pack award for team spirit….

We have not presented that since Corchiani and Googs got one…

Greywolf
    Participant

The players gave a superb effort but they were not well coached. Why make the last free throw?

gso packbacker
    Participant

Good point Grey, but do you notice the irony of your statement? 🙂

Anyway, I don’t know if I would have had him miss it, but I do know I would have had someone guarding the inbound pass.

Greywolf
    Participant

Good point Grey, but do you notice the irony of your statement? :)

Anyway, I don’t know if I would have had him miss it, but I do know I would have had someone guarding the inbound pass.

I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer. What was the irony?

There is no way GT could rebound the missed free throw, throw a full court pass and shoot in the time remaining. Making the free throw gave them the only chance they had.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Grey,

“They’re not well coached” and “Why make the last free throw?”.

Perhaps the explanation for the latter IS the former.

I don’t know, but I found humor in the possibility.

Also, I would have fouled the Syracuse shooter at the end of regulation, giving him 2 free throws instead of a 3-pt attempt.

JeremyH
    Participant

maybe one more column to add for the metrics on candidate coaches, “win/loss record in games decided by 3 points or less”.

FergusWolf
    Participant

I think you have to make the last free throw. If you don’t, then a foul “on the floor” or a quick shot/rebound cause you to lose the game. This forced them for a 3 to win, 2 to tie…which is better (imho) for 2 to win

Tyler_Durden
    Participant

The ACC needs an overhaul. Having the absolutely corrupt and provincial john swofford as commissioner is hurting us as a conference. What he doesn’t get is that the basketball aspect is a lot more than Duke v unc.

Insofar as NC State – need to hire a Trump-like coach. One who flat out does not care and will call it like he sees it.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

maybe one more column to add for the metrics on candidate coaches, “win/loss record in games decided by 3 points or less”.

That’s really funny for those of us that have been around for a while.

Greywolf
    Participant

I think you have to make the last free throw. If you don’t, then a foul “on the floor” or a quick shot/rebound cause you to lose the game. This forced them for a 3 to win, 2 to tie…which is better (imho) for 2 to win

With a lead, don’t foul. If you are stupid enough to foul, you deserve to lose.

There is not enough time to rebound a miss and throw it the length of the court and then get a shot off.

The clock starts when the ball hits the rim on a miss. On a rebounded miss, time expires before the ball gets to the front court.

On a made shot the clock starts when the ball is caught or touched by the opponent after the in-bounds play. The only way a missed shot beats you is in the unlikely event the rebounder throws in a 90 footer after rebounding the miss.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Normally, I wouldn’t disagree, but given the fact that the refs seemed like they wanted to give the game to GT, don’t you think that we manage to screw that up?

FergusWolf
    Participant

Also, I was at that Florida game…I saw that guy hit the shot from the ACC logo

Khan
    Participant

I see lack of composure down the stretch is a skill we still exhibit with stunning competence.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

GT has a good Coach it seems.

Greywolf
    Participant

Also, I was at that Florida game…I saw that guy hit the shot from the ACC logo

There any number of last second shots made such as the Florida game. Reminder, the shooter had time to get a shot off after catching the ball. That shot would have won the game last night. You are making my point for me citing 3-point shots that were made after an in-bounds play.

The shot taken after the made free throw last night was from the 3-point line — a shot that bounced off the rim.

My point and only point is that there would not have been time to rebound a missed free throw, pass to any open man and get a shot off in the 2.7 seconds remaining. With the made shot, there was time to get a decent 3-point shot off which they almost made.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer. What was the irony?

It’s like goldy and bronzey. Only made of iron.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.