Your “something something Thomas Jefferson something something” UVa Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “something something Thomas Jefferson something something” UVa Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

There’s also a joke in there about forced carnal relations with one’s slaves, in spite of the “All Men Created Equal” stuff. Meh. – Hey, Didya See Thi
    [See the full post at: Your “something something Thomas Jefferson something something” UVa Open Thread]

Adventuroo
    Participant

When I saw “Tom Jefferson”, I KNEW that there was a “Slave and Relations” punchline. I was reminded that we have historians and media that can totally trace and follow DNA and know exactly WHOM and WHERE every one of TJ’s little “OPPS” are and how that impacted him and what it also did to his psyche regarding “relations between different ethnic species”. Yet these same learned individuals and media can’t even find critical data on certain candidates in today’s digital society.

Does make you wonder about the intelligence of the talking heads and the folks with “trusted sources” and their opinions.

Hope that the burst of energy against GT will be rekindled against UVA. Also hope that we (and I am GOING….despite some physical discomfort due to my recent procedure) the fans let BJ know how much he means to us and how we have appreciated his “Spirit of the Pack” influence.

As to the SEARCH, IF we can survive for about 10 or so days longer….and the conference matches are completed, then there will be plenty of coaches that “are not going in the same direction as their programs will be”.

THEN we will not be the ONLY game in town and some of the idiotic remarks SHOULD cease. BUT you never know…

If you missed ORW’s comments about “Mushrooms” yesterday….bear in mind that he was referring to the PRESS (MEDIA) as the “CRAP” that was thrown on the Mushrooms….you gotta love ORW. The man without a clue…but does know BB….

We will miss him when he is retired….

Fastback68
    Participant

Thanks Wuf, sitting here with my daughter who is undecided. Played the State fight song for her. She got a hokie yes yesterday. Groan.

Hope Anya plays.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

UVA on a 4 game skid.. we’re probably the perfect medicine for what’s ailing them.

rthomas44
    Participant

I will not miss ORW anymore than I miss Dean. And I won’t miss Roo ,either.

TheCOWDOG

Wuf. Thanks for the Monticello memories. Ol’ Tom had a very interesting garden, and a really cool front porch. Free the tree!

Adventuroo
    Participant

RThomas44,

That’s not very nice. If you weren’t here, I personally would miss you.

But, since I got “Chipped & Tuned” on Wednesday, I plan to be here for awhile. Energy levels are up.

The ACC will not be the same without ORW and Mikey.

Where else can you get this much entertainment for free?

This year’s Wake County Coaches Caravan moves to Reynolds on April 27. If we do not have a new, to us, MBB coach by then,. Dr Randy will introduce Mega Degreed Bobby Lutz as Interim….Ad that is.

Champions Club crowd is sparse today. Attendance will be interesting.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Thanks Wuf, sitting here with my daughter who is undecided. Played the State fight song for her. She got a hokie yes yesterday. Groan.

Hope Anya plays.

Haha…I hope it helped.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I once dated a (white) gal who went back to get her masters at UVA in African American studies. Believe it or not, it’s actually a quite difficult curriculum there.

Once, I said to her as we passed the statue on campus, you really are a veritable “Daughter of Jefferson” aren’t you?? She was most assuredly NOT amused.

Let’s kick some Slave F-cker U arse today!! I doubt we will, because Tony Bennett no doubt takes special pleasure in sticking it to Mark Gottfried. Plus, a disciplined defensive team against NC State = dumpster fire afternoon.

But here we shall be, for the King of all Hippos, at the very least. And of course, to document the atrocities at worst, whilst hoping for a pleasant surprise. One never knows.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Oh Christ…Gott’s mic’d up. This could be fun.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hey cool, so when we get archie we’ll have infiniti already in the fold.

tractor57
    Participant

The game might be good but the coverage will be evil.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Go Pack!!!

Jones, Cassell and Covington is stripes today…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

BJ ANYA with the start….

BJD95
    Keymaster

I demand a HippoHOOK!!

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Nice crowd shot at the first official TO. If by crowd, you mean empty red seats on the sidelines.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Nice crowd shot at the first official TO. If by crowd, you mean empty red seats on the sidelines.

yeah looked maybe half full.. what a depressing end to this season

BJD95
    Keymaster

UVA esta merde

BJD95
    Keymaster

PUT HIPPO BACK IN!!

Texpack
    Participant

55 points wins this one even in 2OT.

tractor57
    Participant

DSJ needs to sit.

BJD95
    Keymaster

DSJ needs to sit.

This is Markell’s team now.

BJD95
    Keymaster

8-7 after TWO media timeouts. THRILLING

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

This is Markell’s team now.

Some of us said this back in early January….

Heelh8r
    Participant

Is this what we get to see when we get our defensive guru?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.