Your Reminder to Remember the 90s

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your Reminder to Remember the 90s

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

If those pretentious, cheating bastards born and bred are looking for any mercy, or sympathy, then they’ve come to the wrong place. Remember the 90s.
    [See the full post at: Your Reminder to Remember the 90s]

TheCOWDOG

Any reason why this opinion can’t be incorp’ed into Alpha’s storyline?

Ya know…keep the flow…serve your purpose, too?

Bigfoot is real.

Wufpacker
    Participant

fullmoon1
    Participant

I remember it. I lived it. I tolerated taunts from teachers,friends and even my pastor. After being baptized circa 1990, the pastor remarked “how bout em heels”. The 90’s were dark. We shall never return to that era.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I hear tell Todd Turner is available. And he could always comfortably wear his “blue tie” over there.

islandbreeze
    Participant

Yesterday was karmic justice for those pompous gasbags in Chapel Hill.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I’ll just leave this here…was on WRAL’s website this morning:

pakfanistan
    Participant

^ I saw that earlier and almost posted it. The comments on WRAL are the absolute worst humanity has to offer.

44rules
    Participant

I say let’s go all Watts, California style and “Burn baby burn!”

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

OldWuf
    Participant

The 90’s are a fresh memory. Let’s go back a little further and bring some Clemson folks into this discussions. Think Swoff will try to convince the other conference schools to add more penalties after after the NCAA finishes zwith them?
    There cannot be a punishment severe enough for this bunch. Unfortunately, in today’s climate with the influence they have very little will happen.

MP
    Participant

Any reason why this opinion can’t be incorp’ed into Alpha’s storyline?

Ya know…keep the flow…serve your purpose, too?

All you had to do was ask who runs this place, he’d make sure you knew that.

LRM
    Keymaster

The reason this was a separate post from Alpha’s is by rule I don’t piggyback my opinion under someone else’s by-line. And on the rare occasion I do post nowadays, it’s usually as SFN, so others can add to the post as they want (remember, we aren’t a consensus).

I figure most of you know when it’s my opinion anyway.

TheCOWDOG

No LRM. We haven’t heard from ya in many moons, under your nom de plume, that is.

WTNY
    Participant

How ’bout we go back to ’73?

The opportunity for ACC / National titles in 1973 was ripped from the Wolfpack thanks to Guthridge and Smith.

Compare the “impermissible benefits” accorded to DT versus those accorded to hundreds of UNC-Ch athletes, including men’s bball in 2005 and 2009.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

and what was the former democrat legislature too busy doing??? This has all been bi-partisan…

There are a lot of things the political elite in this state disagree on, but one that they are in lockstep about is that Chapel Hill is untouchable.

I am still incensed that this scandal has lasted long enough to be across administrations of both parties but neither could be bothered to make meaningful investigations into what the hell has been going on at the “people’s university.”

72Packer
    Participant

The arrogance goes back to the late 60’s for me. I was over in Chapel Hill because the gal I was dating was in nursing school there. I stayed in the dorms and heard more crap from guys who had the brain of a pea. Even then, I realized that comparing the intellectual capacity of UNC to that of State was analogous to comparing the amount of water a thimble holds versus that of a five gallon bucket.

Those guys piXXED me off so badly, I have never forgotten their arrogance. I hope everyone of those guys is eating sheet as he reads the stories. And then, the 1990’s happened. I always expected fair play from the BOG, but the group led by Spangler and an attorney from Lillington was unjust in the punishment and cost to NC State.

If UNC has to mothball the Dean E Smith Memorial to Cheating, I will not shed a tear. Their transgressions go back to before the ACC, when UVA would not join the ACC at first chance because UNC cheated so badly. It goes back before the Civil War when they took the Federal Land Grant Money as theirs without starting a college for engineering, agriculture, etc.

I am proud of the degree I hold from NC State, and thank God it has nothing to do with UNC, but exists in spite of UNC’s efforts to hold everything NC State down. Its time to take away part of their Medical School, and use Rex Hospital as our teaching facility. This would expand the existing medical college. IF we have a chance to put our boots on their necks, hold them hard and fast as you would that of a venomous snake. That is all they respect.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Take a page out the Vietnam playbook “We have to burn UNC in order to save it.”

blpack
    Participant

I like they way 72 Packer thinks. I guess this morning A Carter is saying U*NC classes are worthless. I could have told him that.:) Maybe trying to say they don’t owe the NC tax payers anything.

tractor57
    Participant

In many ways I agree. I also know a nurse who went to UNC on a volleyball scholly. She say they would return from a meet at 5 AM and she would go get her assignments. It is really bad now (maybe always for the money sports) but there are some who were really student athletes.
    At this point f**** Carolina and the horse they rode in on.

BJD95
    Keymaster

and what was the former democrat legislature too busy doing??? This has all been bi-partisan…

There are a lot of things the political elite in this state disagree on, but one that they are in lockstep about is that Chapel Hill is untouchable.

I am still incensed that this scandal has lasted long enough to be across administrations of both parties but neither could be bothered to make meaningful investigations into what the hell has been going on at the “people’s university.”

Without question, both state-level political parties have proven themselves equally, completely worthless on this, and many other fronts. Absolutely disgusting.

inhoc…
    Participant

^ You idiots, don’t you read? Obviously this screenshot is worthy of a repost because some of you didn’t bother to read the thread before you ignorantly posted. It’s not an issue in the gov’t because unc is still good for the people of nc. Cheaters or not.

http://www.statefansnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-05-at-6.50.58-AM.png

highstick
    Participant

Weird, first time I have ever seen my post deleted, but quoted several times in two different threads…Hmmm…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

highstick
    Participant

Scratch that…Can you not edit or delete any more????

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

packof81
    Participant
    WolftownVA81
    Participant

Thanks for the link. My favorite quote from that article:

SACS vice president Cheryl Cardell told UNC-Chapel Hill officials in a November letter that Wainstein’s findings didn’t jibe with information the university provided to the accrediting organization in 2013, when officials insisted the fraud was limited to the activities of two people in the Department of African and Afro-American Studies.
    Read more at http://www.wral.com/accrediting-organization-puts-unc-ch-on-12-month-probation/14704731/#HOGGyHsJ94DP8xYV.99

Surely Ms. Cardell is not implying UNC lied to them. There must be some mistake. What’s next, double secret probation.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.