You Cannot Make This Kind of Crap Up!

Home Forums All StateFansNation You Cannot Make This Kind of Crap Up!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    highstick
    Participant

http://northcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt/NCAA-names-UNC-jersey-No-1-34712988

They’ve hired another Legal/PR firm today and this crap shows up on my danged Facebook page from a bandwagon fan who went to Western Carolina! I sincerely hope that every freakin’ one of them has their noses smashed into a cow pasture before it’s all over!

Am I pissed? How can anyone be some freakin’ stupid and cannot “get it”! And they vote!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

TheCOWDOG

Stick…They are on the verge of taking over the world.

Easy pickins’

Wufpacker
    Participant

Walmart agrees.

highstick
    Participant

CD, you need to move so we can nuke everything between Saxapahaw and Fuquay! Have they no shame at all? This hire has Erskine all over it!

What’s your saying about “JC and a sidecar”?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. Stick …

Bro … you’re losing it in your old age…

Nukes are too messy… and out of your price range …
    LaserGuidedSmartBombinthesidewindow works a lot better and is well within your budget…

That said, why in the world would you want to stop the Greatest Show on Earth since Barnham and Bailey?
    The Show Must Go On.

Besides, that ain’t our Circus and them ain’t our monkeys…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    SaccoV
    Participant

Read this over on ‘that’ board and agreed with one of the posters. You don’t hire another former Federal prosecutor unless something that involves jail time is out there. Pell grant stuff maybe? Either way, anyone want to the take the over on how much the firm will bill the Asterisk? I’m setting my number at $1.485 million ($990/hr X 1500 hours). Takers?

highstick
    Participant

Bill, my fear is not living long enough to see the “Hole” story play out!

They sure are persistent at protecting that ugly brand,

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. Stick…

Relax…

you’re not that old…
    the average life expectancy in the US is 79 …

and you’re certainly not “average”…

ncsu1987
    Participant

I’m setting my number at $1.485 million ($990/hr X 1500 hours). Takers?

I’ll take the over on that. This guy is bit time – Wainstein aspires to be this guy. There’s some serious sh…stuff afloat for him to be entering the fray. We may never know, but I’ll bet your figure is 10% of what they’ll spend on this guy.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

where’s the link to the “hiring” not the damn jerseys ?

the_phisherman
    Participant

Bill, I agree. I’m definitely not following this conversation.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^alcohol was found by the investigating officers at the scene of the accident…
    who was driving, who was riding and what levels were consumed is unknown…

NCSU88
    Participant
    Adventuroo
    Participant

High & Bill, et. al.

This is a very interesting turn of events….some factoids that I have dug up….after a whole lot of research.

The new Lawyer is a real tiger…It cost Karl Rove several million dollars to avoid prosecution as Fitzgerald believed he was the one that provided Robert Novak with Valerie Plame’s name or confirmed it. Rove’s attorney spent almost a month pouring over his emails and found several that showed Rove had no involvement. The meeting between Rove and his attorney and Fitzgerald took 5 minutes….and no apology.

Fitzgerald was also the prosecutor for Gov. Blaggooo or whatever from IL. He did not do a great job there.

You DO have to wonder if the upcoming Mary Willingham (and possibly Jay Smith) cases are behind it. Also the recent Title IX suits for not properly handling Sexual Assaults.

WONDER if he will get involved in the NCAA mess? He does not seem to have a background there.

NOW….who is paying this character. Well, it AIN’T YOU AND ME. The UNC Fund is well over $2,000,000,000 and seems to be invested quite well. The income from the fund is slated for certain items….which are spelled out in the charter or “legalese” of the fund. Currently about HALF the income will handle the “Fiduciary” commitment. I think it is some percentage amount. BUT, the fund is generating about TWICE that….in other words….half of the income must be distributed. The OTHER half is up to the discretion of the BOT and the UNC Admin. THAT is what has been paying Mr. Wainstein, esq. That is what will pay Barrister Fitzgerald….

Off point a bit….Mr. Chizik has NOT been announced. There are wee bits of rumbling in the sewer stench of IC. BUT, folks have said that he is watching video daily in the Haloed Kenan FB Complex. BUT, there are no pictures of him. They believe….I personally do not know. If UNC is so incorrectly PC as to hiring him, then they need to get Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby to be the overnight chaperones for the newly formed Sweet Caroline’s Player Enhancement Squad that will now travel with both the FB and BB teams…..

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Thanks ‘Roo… always dependable as expected…

Those are the most expensive “suits” in the United States … for a reason…

And you can use a lot of different adjectives regarding the folks over in Chapel Hill but ‘stupid’ ain’t one of them… and they did not funk Math.

$Cost_of_Suits <= 0.5 * $expected_cost_of_losing_some_cases;

Which begs the proverbial question as you pointed out…

“Just which “cases” among the many they face do they expect to lose to such a degree so as to warrant hiring these suits.”

All I can say is…

It ain’t our Circus and them ain’t our Monkeys!
    The Show Goes On.

Speaking of Circuses and Monkeys….
    The North Carolina General Assembly is back in Session.

highstick
    Participant

You guys are getting “behind” in the events. I purposely left out the link to Fitzgerald to see I you guys were capable of doing a little searching on your own. Danged if I’m gonna do all of the work and not get paid…I’ve got too many non profits begging me to do the same…I am not a free “Headline News” organization like CNN…

I had to block someone on Facebook last night with that tee shirt crap…

BTW, Bill. I want the “nuking to be ugly and painful” so there’s no hope of reviving the waste afterwards. Actually, good old carpet bombing with B52’s and a few strategically placed neutron bombs so we can minimize the damage in Raleigh. You’re not safe there in the attack cause there’s too many Holes in the area to ignore.

BTW, Homeland Security…I am talking facetiously!

highstick
    Participant

Thanks for the link to them, 87. I was in bed with my tablet and I have a tendency to fat finger it. My late night routine is to check here, the PP, then see what the Gamecock and Clempson nuts are saying. Finish it up with checking on the daily pictures of my grand kids. Here’s a real cutie…my granddaughter is learning a prayer at daycare. instead of Amen at the end, it’s “Aw Man”!

highstick
    Participant

BTW, Mary’s lawsuit is going to mediation first..I don’t think that’s going anywhere unless she totally caves and I don’t believe that for a moment. Doubtful the Fitzgerald team would be directly involved in that process. There’s so many things going on with Pell Grants, SACS, NCAA, class action law suits by players and gosh knows “other things”. Damage control and/or intimidation come to mind…Boxil’s termination? Heard some comments about putting “fear in the minds” of any other potential academic whistle blowers.

The Daly Machine is starting to look like a bunch of rank amateurs! Maybe we need to hire “the Good Wife”?

tjfoose1
    Participant

Fitzgerald believed he was the one that provided Robert Novak with Valerie Plame’s name or confirmed it.

Except Fitzgerald knew it was Richard Armitage before his ‘investigation’ even started. That was a big part of the scam.

That entire episode was a contrived and manufactured ‘scandal’, of which even the worst of lies pale by comparison to the Seal Team 6 and leaks (which lead to 38 dead), Fast and Furious, and Bhengazi. Not to mention the jailed Pakistani doctor who less us to UBL.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Fitzgerald believed he was the one that provided Robert Novak with Valerie Plame’s name or confirmed it.

Except Fitzgerald knew it was Richard Armitage before his ‘investigation’ even started. That was a big part of the scam.

That entire episode was a contrived and manufactured ‘scandal’, of which even the worst of manufactured lies paled by comparison to the Seal Team 6 and leaks (which lead to 38 dead), Fast and Furious, and Bhengazi. Not to mention the STILL jailed Pakistani doctor who lead us to UBL. All because the current administration
    couldn’t keep is mouth shut and pass on an opportunity to tout and pat itself on the back, consequences be damned.

As Obama’s Defense Secretary Gates told his boss’s National Security team, “Shut the F*** up”.

Or for full context:

“‘I have a new strategic communications approach to recommend,’ Gates said in his trademark droll tones, What was that, Donilon asked? ‘Shut the f*** up,’ the defense secretary said.”

Adventuroo
    Participant

Foos,

Never said it wasn’t a scam or whatever. BUT, IF you want to make someone’s life miserable in NC, go find a Magistrate and have a personal protection order issued. You can do it if you suspect that they attacked you with toxic gas….as in passing gas while seated next to you or in the same room. It does NOT take much. THEN, the legal battle to get YOUR record expunged begins.

That is the way it is.

I made my comments about Fitzgerald based on Rove’s book, Courage & Consequences. He was not really critical of Fitzgerald except that he had a preconceived notion that Rove was the source. He also saw how Scoter was railroaded. Cheney felt that way. Bush not as much, but still offered protection. I have a friend that is close to Alberto Gonzales. They rumor mongers and the press almost destroyed his life. He should have been able to leave the administration and become “Of Counsel” to any prestigious law firm he wanted. NOPE….ended up teaching for about 10% of what he should be making….compared to the OTHER AG’s. Life is not fair sometimes….

Sort of reminds me of last night’s game. The officiating crew probably had KH 4 EVR tattooed on their chests. They called a sloppy game….really sloppy and biased (not totally….but obvious) against NCSU. THEN, in the Karl Hess style, they set up the stage for a victory…..however SMALL….but still conceivable.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I assumed you knew the full story ‘Roo, but many, if not most, do not.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.