Wyatt Walker Joins the Pack

Home Forums All StateFansNation Wyatt Walker Joins the Pack

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Former Samford player will join NC State basketball program this summer

RALEIGH – NC State men’s basketball head coach Kevin Keatts announced the signing of Wyatt Walker to a financial aid agreement Tuesday. Walker will graduate from Samford this May with a degree in Marketing and will join the Wolfpack this summer.

“Wyatt is wonderful young man and I’m excited that he is going to be a part of our program,” Keatts said. “I’ve known Wyatt for quite some time now and I’ve always loved the motor that he plays with on both ends of the floor. He is an improved shooter from the perimeter, skilled on the block and has a high basketball IQ. He is a great fit for our system and will bring a wealth of experience to the team.”

Walker entered the 2017-18 season on the 10-member preseason All-SoCon Team but was limited to just two games before missing the remainder of the season with an injury.

As a sophomore in 2016-17, he finished the season as a Third-Team All-SoCon selection by the league’s head coaches and media after averaging 12.9 points and 9.7 rebounds per game. He started the season by earning SoCon Player of the Month honors for November, averaging 14.3 points and 13.1 rebounds per game, while shooting 55 percent from the floor. Walker was a two-time SoCon Player of the Week winner and finished the season leading the conference in rebounds (329), double-doubles (17), rebounds per game (9.7) and defensive rebounds per game (6.8).

As a freshman in 2015-16. Walker averaged 10.6 points and 6.0 rebounds per game on his way to earning SoCon All-Freshman honors. He scored a career-best 30 points on Feb. 11 at ETSU and was named SoCon Player of the Week once in his rookie campaign.

Walker is originally from Jacksonville, Fla., and played for Providence School in his prep career. He helped lead the Stallions to the 2015 Florida High School Athletic Association State championship as a senior. Following his senior season, he was named the Jacksonville.com Player of the Year. His high school also won the 2013 FHSAA State Championship and he completed in four consecutive final fours during his time there. He finished his prep career with a 138-10 high school record and 1,408 points, 1,015 rebounds, 316 assists, 113 blocks and 85 steals.

http://gopack.com/news/2018/5/1/mens-basketball-wyatt-walker-joins-the-pack.aspx?path=mbball

Fastback68
    Participant

Did everyone get knocked off sfn for a week??

Wulfpack
    Participant

Yup.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Umm like two weeks? I actually setup a new forum during the downtime at PackFansNation.com. This place been a bit neglected.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Did everyone get knocked off sfn for a week??

Hehehehe.

Now you know why I and others gtfo before things imploded.

Troll, I’ll find a way to contact you.

Fastback68
    Participant

I just thought my “Gott the poonbanger” line resulted in internet jail time.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Wuf, feel free shoot me a note at [email protected]

McCallum
    Participant

Keep rolling baby!

McCallum

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.