Would You Rather Have A….???

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Would You Rather Have A….???

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    revdmills75
    Participant

As I’ve been reading all the discussion building up to the start of the ACC Tournament for us tonight, I’ve been wrestling with a question I can’t get rid of. Would I rather:

1- Win the ACC, get the ring get the banner.
    2- Make a deep run in the NCAA?

I know, hypothetically speaking, both are entirely possible, but given this year’s inconsistent performance, it seems likely that we may be an either or, not both and. If we cut down the nets on Saturday, there is a strong possiblilty we come out and lay an egg on opening night next weekend. In a perfect world, the stars align and we win everything this weekend and ride that wave to a strong showing in the NCAA, and of course we all dream and hope for that.

But if you could only pick one of the two, which would it be?

PittsburghPackFan
    Participant

ACC

Tau837
    Participant

ACC tournament title. Nobrainer.

PackAttacker
    Participant

One thing at a time. First the ACC Championship then we can go on to the NCAA!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

ACC. It’s time for a new banner and trophy.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’d prefer an ACC banner over anything less than an NCAA title.

That being said however, a F4 appearance would probably be a bigger boost for the program.

freshmanin83
    Participant

ACC for me.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Yeah, Final Four is tough to pass up over an ACC title. I’d consider that close to equal as far as accomplishment … no question the Final Four would carry more weight on the national scene though.

WTNY
    Participant

ACC Tourney Title > Anything less than Final Four, IMO.

revdmills75
    Participant

I agree with the ACCT title being greater than anything less than Final Four. I think I was intending a “deep run” to imply a Final Four appearance. It gets significantly harder for me to decide which would be better for the program at that point. If you could let me skip the next two weeks and take a 4-1 record (lose in round 1 of ACCT & win 4 to get to Final Four) I think might have to take it.

MrPlywood
    Participant

ACC title. That would be another mountain climbed.

BJD95
    Keymaster

ACC Tourney Title > Anything less than Final Four, IMO.

THIS. I would most definitely take the Final Four. Elite Eight is a close call, but I’d take the hardware.

elvislives
    Participant

ACC. Time for some 21st century hardware and banners.

Mike
    Participant

I agree, ACC title over anything less than a final 4.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.