World Series

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pack78
    Participant

Escobar leads off the Royals home 1st with an inside-the-park job…hole alum Harvey on the mound for the Mets and my first job out of state, I lived outside of KC-GO ROYALS!

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Man, that was a long game. I was able to catch the end. That throw on the last play was actually a lot closer than I thought it was going to be. Good win for KC. I’m pulling for KC, but there’s still a part of me that’s bitter from them beating the Orioles last year. Maybe a bit of jealousy, too.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Remind me again who’s playing? *Cards fan*

TheCOWDOG

Ply. That would be Jorge Orta’s former team v. a team that Orta was not called safe against.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’m pulling for KC, but there’s still a part of me that’s bitter from them beating the Orioles last year. Maybe a bit of jealousy, too.

Ditto all, though I do also have a great deal of apathy this year. Which might just be collateral damage from the jealousy, though I usually watch a good deal of the postseason regardless of O’s suckitude/absence for most of the past 30+ seasons.

Have maybe watched 2-3 innings total of this year’s postseason…mostly just flipping over occasionally to check scores. Didn’t even turn on WS game one at all.

Was pleased no Cubs and no Jays tho.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’ve actually watched quite a bit since the Cards exit. I honor the game! 🙂

I was pulling for the Jays so I could watch people here lose their minds. I should have pulled for the Cubs since they ousted the Cards, but I just couldn’t do it. I watched last night, and saw the opening insider and Hosmer’s Buckner-esque moment, and then his redemption.

Baseball suffers from a lack of urgency until you get to a potential series winning game. Diehards and team fans will be in to all the games, but the lead up games are not usually must see TV. That said, game 1 did have a 30% increase over last year – mostly attributed to the NY market though.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

^^ Yeah, I checked out about 2 weeks before the playoffs started. Watching the end of Game 1 was the first bit of playoff baseball I’ve watched this year. It’s hard to be happy for other people every year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.