Wolfpack Wrestling Continues Dominate at Pitt Duals

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Wolfpack Wrestling Continues Dominate at Pitt Duals

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

Here is the GoPack link, which is more comprehensive than I can put together right now, but checking the updates on Twitter while my family and I searched for a new home, I can help but be overjoyed at Coach Pop’s job with Pack Wrestling. This team is now 16-0 in dual matches this season, and the Pack is poised to run the table in upcoming conference season. Getting great wrestling today from our 2nd stringers (including two wins for Malik MacDonald at 197 and two pins from Jamel Morris 133 lbs). Pete Renda, who is wrestling as strong as I have seen, had two tech falls in the 1st period of both his matches today! Gwiz is gonna Gwiz,as well as KJ, but with Max Rohskopf and Tommy Gantt and Chad Pyke all wrestling very strong right now, Coach Pop has really built this program up to national prominence. The scary part is that we lose Gwiz and Gantt next year, and our team might actually be a bit stronger. First goal, finish conference season undefeated as a team. Second, win the ACC Tournament (still a tall order considering all the conference teams except Duke are currently ranked)! Third, finish top-three in the NCAAs!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Tough day for freshman backup Will Clark, losing 10-8 to the #10 ranked guy from Harvard then 8-7 in his second match.

SaccoV
    Participant

Saw that too Mr.P. We’ve got so much depth at 149 with Clark, Donahue, Speno and Melikan. Not sure if any of those guys can become All-Americans, but they are strong in a dual team format.

44rules
    Participant

Can we get the wrestling coach to recruit for other sports?! 🙂

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.