Wolfpack Women pull a #5 seed

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Wolfpack Women pull a #5 seed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

The ladies open up vs #12 seed BYU on Saturday in L.A.

Same region with overall #1 seed UConn (as well as #2 seed Duke).

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket

MrPlywood
    Participant

I see some disparities with who gets to play where. State is a 5 and starts out in L.A. Dook is a 2 so they play in Durham, fair enough I guess. But *nx is a 4 and they play in Chapel Hill. Maryland is a 4 and plays in College Park. Really? Iowa St is a 7 and plays in Ames, while Stanford is the 2 seed in that first round group, way out in a corn field. Purdue is a 4 and plays in West Lafayette. Iowa is a 6 and plays in Iowa City. LSU is a 7 and plays in Baton Rouge, with #2 WVU who is a long way from home.

Maybe they did the best they could with the sites, but those 6 and 7 seeds essentially get to play a home game or two.

Fastback68
    Participant

I was sorry to read about the numerous injuries that depleted our starters. Here’s to a speedy recovery for those that are out for the post season and for those trying to carry on. We are pulling for you. Go Pack!!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^I’m guessing they did the best the could w/r/t to sites … I believe it’s not entirely uncommon for lower seeds to host games, for various reasons. I believe State benefited from this one season playing at the PNC, iirc.

Still, a #5 is a good seed considering a couple of tough injuries over the past month. Hope the best for the ladies 🙂

Wufpacker
    Participant

Trailing BYU 33-26 at the half.

Wufpacker
    Participant

A poor shooting night and no answer for BYU’s gigantic white chick down low (19 boards, 9 blocks).
    BYU with the 72-57 upset, Pack goes home early.

Still, the ladies had a helluva year. Very proud of them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.