Wolfpack Dukes or gets Dooked tonight?

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Wolfpack Dukes or gets Dooked tonight?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

First Time for our 7 young kids pounding the hardwood in Cameron….

Capel has been told to run Uncle Roy’s “Cut the head off the snake” gameplan…

Just remember… we all GOTT to go to work in the morning….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Adventuroo
    Participant

Just remember… we all SOME GOTT to go to work in the morning….

Chuckle…..

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Just remember… we ALL SOME GOTT to go to work want to get up in the morning….

Chuckle….. Chuckle…..

rthomas44
    Participant

All you have is now. If I survive until tonight, I’m watching something else.

Rick
    Keymaster

I assume this will be the game thread and I bet there will be very few posts on it until after we lose.
    Apathy is rampant. I have watched a handful of games in the past two years.
    Its going to take a new good coach to maybe draw me in so….

NCSU bb hibernation until 2020 looks about right.

StateRed44
    Participant

He’s got multiple players who would thrive in a scramble type up and down game. We could get high motor guys like Kapita some minutes and not be saddled with a guy who can’t contribute but 2 times down the court. Why he refuses to press until 45 seconds are left is baffling. He is wasting one of our greatest players by being too stubborn to create a system in which this team can thrive. What an idiot.

PackofMac
    Participant

StateRed44 Gottfried along with mind boggling out of time out play calls has always in my opinion mismanaged his bench. Kapita, Hicks and Kirk can all give minutes if nothing more than to stress opposing players. Looking at what we have Kapita should be starting at C. Yurt7 is playing like we all should’ve expected a bench warmer from Europe to play and Anya…well Anya is doing what he can checking in at record weight. This team doesn’t deserve this or any further threads/posts this season.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Kapita is in dog house. Rumors rampant.

Best one is that Kirk stole Coach’s phone. Hicks hacked it. Kapita sexted an inappropriate selfie. Supposedly they were duped into doing this by some hotshot ExAlabama basketball star that Gottfried coached.

Unless something of epic proportions happens, the only thing epic will be the embarrassment of the margin of victory tonight.

I may miss game due to health lecture on dieting.

My wife quipped yesterday at church when asked if she went to the WFU game…..

No, I had to attend a funeral and that was more entertaining and less disheartening than the game. TRUE STORY.

And now you know why my kids send me sympathy cards on our anniversary. I once sent my wife’s bosses cards on Bosses Day.

MrPlywood
    Participant

KH already has three fouls.

Maybe someone will bait the Daytripper into sweeping the leg, he gets booted and Cobra Kai goes down.

Texpack
    Participant

Pack is a 16.5 pt dog. Lay the points and bet the Dookies. They should be ahead by 16.5 before the half. Really sad to see how clueless and disorganized this team is.

Rick
    Keymaster

The mule goes off for 30

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Any hope of success tonight starts with….

1. Getting Amile out of the game… GOTT to show him no love, as would be expected by a gilted suitor…
    If that means starting Kapita and/or Hicks to get a hackfest going… GOTT to go for it… BJ && Y7 can clean up the mess…

2. Dennis has to have a good balanced game from the SG with Markel at the point… Rotate all the rest – keeping the Hot ones on the court…

3. EVERYBODY in Red & White needs to plug their ears, get in the mental “zone” and play their ass#s off on defense and on the boards.

Just 16.5 ???

Some wiseguys must like the Pack.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m calling it.. Jekyll shows up tonight against Duke. Resounding win. Mr. Hyde nowhere to be found.

Then we’ll flail about the rest of the season.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

A model I’ve been working on, based soley on the Kenpom stats, has Duke winning by 13, even with their exceptional home court factored in. Maybe Vegas gives them an the extra 3-4 points based on ref “tendencies” in Durham.

Edit: Or more likely my rudimentary model is missing other factors 🙂

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I think the more interesting line maybe found with the total though which is currently set at 160.5. Factoring in the spread Vegas has Duke winning 88.5 to 72.

Our three ACC road games to date we’ve scored 63, 56, and 66. Average of just under 62 points. Duke has a really good defensive efficiency so I would be a little surprised see us hitting that 72.

So the question becomes do we give up 90-100 points to the other guys in the Duke gym? Well we all know that’s a possibility, but I gotta think playing this game 100 times is goes under 160.5 more often than not.

Adventuroo
    Participant

BTW,

I watched the USC game right after coming home from the WFU Fiasco. Guess who was officiating. KH of course. I guess that the SEC was more forgiving. I would have thought that Jamie Luckie (not for us) would have been more “prejudiced” and taken out Karl’s wrath on Mr. Manning and company since if was WFU that got him Personna Non Gratta in the ACC ranks.

He had his usual crazy sideways side saddle gait…..and his “presence” was like a shining meteor (Right before it hit Planet Earth)….

BUT, I did, for a few fleeting nanoseconds, long to see him again….or perhaps INSTEAD of Mr. Luckie. With our luck, we will have Mr. Luckie tonight so that the ACC would not have to incur additional travel.

It ain’t gonna be purty…..no way….

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Yeah even my Tarheel loving father in law told confided in me the Luckie screwed us in the WF game. I informed him I wasn’t even mad anymore.

tractor57
    Participant

Win the game or win not.

McCallum
    Participant

If my father in law pulled for unc I’d slap his damn face.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Elder McCallum….

If someone were to ask…

“Whether or not that was your first wife’s father-in-law or your second’s ?”

would you find that offensive or a matter of freedom of speech?

I’ll understand if you choose not to reply.

McCallum
    Participant

I don’t get offended and speech is what it is.

I’d focus more on slapping a damn face.

McCallum

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.