Why Gott Will Coach Out The Season

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Why Gott Will Coach Out The Season

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

It would have been easy for Mark Gottfried to disappear, just take the money N.C. State owes him and walk away.

But that’s not how Gottfried wants his six-year tenure with the Wolfpack to end. Fired on Thursday afternoon, Gottfried asked to remain as the coach for the final four games of the regular season and the ACC tournament.

“I don’t want to quit on my players,” Gottfried said. “I truly think it’s the best thing for them.

“I care about our players a lot. I care about them as individuals and I want them to have success more than anything else.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/state-now/article133316854.html#storylink=cpy

GoldenChain
    Participant

Saw this in the Observer this morning and you know what? I have to give Gott credit, he’s going down with the ship when he could have jumped in a life raft and made a get-away.
    He does owe it to the kids and perhaps he can leave without bitterness and perhaps encourage a couple to hang around and and see what happens.
    This will be a rough ending and media circus so it is no small thing to stay.

I wish I could say we may see a mini rally from the team but I doubt it because for whatever the reason Gott just doesn’t have the ability to endear himself to players. Didn’t do it at Bama and hasn’t done it here.

You know that beat down we gave VATech that made me think that perhaps the Pack was Back seems like years ago now.

PackofMac
    Participant

Chains you’re right on, I was confused about him finishing out the season but seems to make more sense now. Now what should happen is his kids feel THEY owe it to him to go out and play with some gott da*n effort. He is the boss, the CEO…when the business fails it’s rightfully on him. Let’s not kid ourselves however, those young men on the court are either off the charts stupid or they just don’t play. More than one coach in the league has let us know that. Losing by 51, 27, 30 so on and so on when you have a top 5 NBA lottery pick point guard with a wealth of talent is not now nor will it ever be a direct reflection of the coach. That sh*t takes a team effort to be that da*n bad.

McAdams…..OUT
    (I wanted a cool tag line so there it is)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.