What was Pete Carroll thinking ??

Home Forums StateFans Football What was Pete Carroll thinking ??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok… football gurus… explain this…

Down four with seven minutes to go – fourth down on the Chiefs 2… and Pete doesn’t take the chipshot.. and the Chiefs hold ’em…
    Same thing again… three minutes later fourth down and 2 on the Chiefs 36… not a chipshot, but definitely within Hueska’s range…

Russell and Lynch can’t do it all…

Oh well… there’s always next week…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

I didn’t see it and can’t comment but I do know Seattle is in some trouble. They have a lot of work to do to even get a Wildcard. You have Dallas/Philly and Green Bay/Detroit right there. Arizona looks to be the class of the West. And don’t rule out the 9ers either for the Wildcard. A lot of work to do. Just goes to show just how hard it is to repeat.

Gowolves
    Participant

BOTB, I watched that game and thought the same thing. Not only did they go for it in forth down the plays they chose were horrible. Take the FG’s and live to fight another day.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Yep… looked like pass read-option number 3 the first time and Marshawn left on the second… idk…

As the announcer (who ever he was ) said late in the game… this was throw-back game…

Both teams had more yards rushing than passing and both played stout defense all afternoon…
    Not quite the same as the Bears and Packers in the old Black and Blue Division, but by today’s standards certainly more of game where THREE POINTS at the right time is critical…. especially on the road in cold and rainy KC in November…

Not taking anything away from the Chiefs who GOTT the job done both times… but I’m still SMH…

But then there… are substantive reasons why it is so very difficult to repeat a Championship season. … none of which are unique to the Seahawks.

And Pete’s probably ‘throwing one or two back’ as we speak…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Greywolf
    Participant

Down four with seven minutes to go – fourth down on the Chiefs 2… and Pete doesn’t take the chipshot.. and the Chiefs hold ‘em…
    Same thing again… three minutes later fourth down and 2 on the Chiefs 36… not a chipshot, but definitely within Hueska’s range…

If Ole Pete always went with the percentage move, Russell Wilson would be backing up that $7M free agent they signed — like Glennon in TB.

Not only did they go for it in forth down the plays they chose were horrible.

Would you share the email you sent the OC explaining why those plays were horrible and telling him the ones he should have called — with a copy to Russell in case he audibled?

Gowolves
    Participant

Greywolf you are one of the antagonists that Foose and others were referring to on the other thread. You ask with a tone of a smart as* kid.

Football is not rocket science so don’t pretend that coaches are devlooping a new way to go into space. Secondly I watched all afternoon coaches call the fade to corner or a jump ball to the corner. It rarly works. They called that play a couple times just like they did in the Giants game. Unless you have Megatron then the odds at best are 50/50.

Gowolves
    Participant

If I spoke to people in person the way you reply to peoples opinions my dad would have whipped my as* and I wouldn’t have done it again.

Greywolf
    Participant

Secondly I watched all afternoon coaches call the fade to corner or a jump ball to the corner. It rarly works.

If I had known you watch football on television all afternoon, I wouldn’t have questioned your knowledge as to which plays were horrible and which to call. Regarding my tone I thought that a smart-arsed tone was appropriate to someone who thought he was smarter and knew better than the OCs in the NFL.

Did you watch long enough to realize the plays are only horrible when they don’t work?

Are you sure I’m the one foose is referring to as arrogant and ignorant and not some guy who from watching television thinks he knows more than the pros? Do you have a cite to back up your assumption? Or is this another expert opinion?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack becomes bowl eligible, bball looks to have some potential, yet it seems everyone is getting more and more chippy.

Color me confuzeled.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

Wufpacker, the condescension and overall douchebaggeryness of a handful of posters here are really becoming a buzz kill. Cause and effect for the degradation of the forums.

Gowolves
    Participant

Greywolf, I don’t have to justify my knowledge or resume to you or anyone else. I am stating an opinion from many years of experience at different levels. Like I said you post in the tone of a petulant child and I have no time for that crap. Instead of good discussions with insightful comments we get the likes of you.

You can have this monkey board attitude with someone else. Respond with what ever you like I don’t care anymore.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.