What is State's excuse?

Home Forums StateFans Football What is State's excuse?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wolfpack93
    Participant

I’m sitting here watching the Chick-fil-a Bowl and totally impressed with what Duke is doing against Texas A&M. Sure A&M has the worst defense in the SEC, but we’re talking about Duke who has been irrelevant for the last decade against a team from a powerhouse conference. In that time, State had arguably been the better team in most years, but rarely worth talking about around the office cooler.

If Cutcliffe can get the results Duke has had this year (ACC Championship, Top 25, 10+ win season), how many years are we giving Doeren to show similar results? Yes, Cutcliffe has taken 6 years to get “there”, but I would argue that he started with even less than what DD inherited earlier this year.

The bar is set; no more excuses!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Our excuse? Lee Fowler. That’s my answer for everything having to do with State athletics, though time is getting away.

We have no excuse. Wake won an ACC title with Grobe. Now Duke pens a banner season. And it isn’t a fluke. They are well coached, and they are good. Anybody that thinks we shouldn’t expect better results than those two is blinded. Of course we can do it. All the resources are there. But will we?

StateFans
    Keymaster

You have to be consistent enough and luck enough to ‘time’ a ‘special season’ at the same time that some of the powerhouses are struggling (like Wake did in 2008).

Sadly, as things stand now, Duke may have a small structural advantage on us in this because they are in the significantly weaker Coastal Division. Now that FSU and Clemson are the clear class of the league NC State is going to always have a much tougher road of timing a ‘breakthrough’ than our friends in the Coastal Division.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.