Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

ACC schedule | Viewer’s guide w/ channel listings

Plenty of bubble teams in action

I’ll leave the soccer update to Premier95 🙂

wufpup76
    Keymaster

bttt

BJD95
    Keymaster

Thursday was most Glorious, as the Shite (having already been bounced from Champions League and “parachuted” into Europa League) got ejected from European footy’s NIT on penalty kicks, right before Everton blasted Young Boys (hee hee) 3-1 to advance to the Sweet 16 on a 7-2 aggregate line.

It’s weird, but you basically play the European “post-season” concurrently with the following regular season. With your new roster. Strange, but true.

Next up in Europa play for the Premier League Soccer Pack is Dynamo Kiev, at home on 12 March followed by a trip to a war zone on 19 March. Huzzah!

The good Premier League matches are tomorrow, when (Ian Curtis’ favourite side, not gay bar) Man City should trounce the Shite at 7am, followed by Arseholes vs. Everton at 9. SET YOUR ALARMS, Comrades!

Wufpacker
    Participant

That’s really a bad name for a sports team of any variety, but especially bad for one that loses a lot in a sport that involves getting a ball into a particular location.

Sitchuwayshunal awayrniss peepul!!!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Fightin’ Archies take down VCU in Richmond.

Texpack
    Participant

Rockets vs Cavaliers is getting nasty. Harden just kicked LeBron in the nads.

Go Rockets!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I don’t really care about the NBA, but I do approve of LeBron getting kicked in the nuts.

Everton lost to put the cherry on this weekend’s shit sundae. Oregon/Stanford and Purdue/tOSU coming up soon, bubble impact and might help pass the time.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Well, Wake his hit 7 threes already in the first half against Pitt. In true HWSNBN fashion, Wake is either gonna win this one with the 3 or lose it.

The fact that Stanford’s resume is even sniffing the bubble says a lot … much less Oregon’s resume.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Pitt winning, which is bubble bad. Oregon winning, which is bubble good (this pretty much kills Stanford unless they win conference tourney).

Bubble rooting interest is for UCLA to keep crapping themselves and for tourney winner to be AZ, UT, or OR.

Wufpacker
    Participant

WTG Pitt…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Wow Pitt – yeesh.

For any inconsolable State fans – take solace that you’re not alone. Most teams play their way out of the tourney every season – especially late, whereas State has played its way into it in 2 of the past 3 seasons.

It’d probably do us all well to remember that these 17-22 year old kids when these losses happen 🙂

Wulfpack
    Participant

Pitt bubble burst…

I think Manning is going to get it rolling at Wake. May not be anytime soon, but I just see it happening (much like Bennett building UVa).

BJD95
    Keymaster

Pop goes teh Stanford.

Fastback68
    Participant

Pitt coach must have danced after the BC win. Back to square one, State.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.