Weekend Baseball: On The Road to Clemson

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Baseball: On The Road to Clemson

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

That was my John Sterling impression, btw….did that just for Cowdog 😀

TheCOWDOG

Awesome, man, ya had me fooled. You sound just like him…and then I remembered.

It took me 9 innings to repair a power window in one of the vehicles, so I missed the curse buster.

Hell, send me your rides tomorrow!

ncsslim
    Participant

Wow, I don’t post much, but when I do, it seems good things happen (I assume just to stick it up my ***). Way to go guys, take the series from those mofo’s tomorrow.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I have done fingered this out. Jimmy V was actually a baseball fan. Seriously, he told the story about coaching baseball one year….it was part of his JV Basketball contract. He was HORRIBLE. He then changed jobs where he would only have to coach Basketball.

BUT, he was a great friend, and admirer of Sam Esposito. They clowned around a lot. He talks about him in his book and the “V & Me” book details a LOT of stories about them.

Maybe, since Elliot and Mark are supposedly close friends, Mark got V to look at what was going on and V FINALLY interceded today.

I listened to some of the game while driving the MH back to storage. Then watched the last few innings on TV. Talk about FINALLY catching a break. Walk a guy….let a guy get a base hit and then beaning the batter….and THEN an IN PARK Home Run.

I do NOT think that I have seen such a bizarre set of circumstances in a long time…

Great win….not certain how much SKILL and COACHING and other “fundamental” stuff went into the 4 runs….but, I’ll take luck over smarts any day…

GO PACK

highstick
    Participant

I’m assuming there’s a “wet out” tonight?

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Nope. Pack leading 4-1 mid 4th.
    Trea Turner has been tossed.
    HP ump has a bug up his ass now.
    Interesting game.

EDIT – But yeah, it’s been messy as hell and is still raining.

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

Pack up 5-1 top of the 8th.

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

There appear to be six Clemson fans at the game, and one State fan. No, wait! Twelve Clemson fans.

Wufpacker
    Participant

The State fan they just showed before starting the bottom 8th, is a dead ringer for my pops.

Pack78
    Participant

Let’s close this one out Pack…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack tacks on 2 for insurance in the 9th. 7-1 headed to the bottom half.

Pack78
    Participant

7-1 Pack in the 9th…did Jobu get a refill?

Wufpacker
    Participant

7-1 Final. Pack takes the series on the road.

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

We have a two-game winning streak!

elvislives
    Participant

The rum must have been the trick. Well done boys, series win at Clemson shows this team may still want to make some noise.

Wufpacker
    Participant

We have a two-game winning streak!

Yes, that too lol

highstick
    Participant

Hot danged! Nobody enjoys beatin’ the Taters like me!!!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

patientwuf
    Participant

Loved the lineup and the Frosh were very impressive last night.

GAWolf
    Keymaster

The younguns are playing their butts off. There should be some fights for playing time the way the young guys delivered this weekend. Perhaps some of the upperclassmen will get off their haunches and start producing in fear of losing some starts. This is exactly what can make a team better. With the class coming in next year (especially if the kid who hit 8 hrs in 8 ABs comes – still questionable) then we’ll have a lot of hope.

BUT WAIT… there’s more.

This isn’t a WTNY post. We’re similarly situated to where we were about this time last year. If we can finish like we did last year, we can get right back in the mix for a trip to Omaha. It’s a tall order certainly, but it’s there for the taking. Hopefully this huge series win at Clemson, a feat in itself, will propel us to a hot streak like we saw last year.

Get out there and support the boys. They can do this.

tangogr33n
    Participant

Definitely good to see them win but even better is how good they looked compared to Saturday. Took my ten year old to the game and it was hard to keep a good face. Looked really sloppy. Glad to see them turn it around. The last two games are very encouraging. Keep it up Pack9! We’re still here!

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.