Was Auburn stealing FSU's signals in BCS?

Home Forums StateFans Football Was Auburn stealing FSU's signals in BCS?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

I love this kind of stuff

It appears that some gamesmanship may have helped Auburn jump out to a 21-3 lead over Florida State in the BCS National Championship game.

It came as a shock to anyone who had seen Florida State’s offense when the Seminoles sputtered offensively throughout the first half of play. A fake punt helped Florida State close the halftime deficit to 21-10, but after a three-and-out to start the second half, wideout Kelvin Benjamin came over to the sideline with some crucial information for head coach Jimbo Fisher and star quarterback Jameis Winston.

[Click to the article for the video]

The person Benjamin is referring to is Auburn co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig. Craig was the quarterback coach for Florida State from 2010-2012, so it makes sense that he would be able to steal FSU’s offensive signals.

For the rest of the game, Florida State staff members held up towels to prevent Auburn from seeing their signals. As pointed out by Tomahawk Nation, Fisher even addressed the issue on Monday.

“They had a couple of our signals a couple times and were getting to them. That happens, people do it, and that’s our fault. You’ve got to change them, constantly rotate them, being able to get them in different ways. That’s part of the game. I don’t have a problem with that,” Fisher said.

Like Fisher said, things like this happen and it’s on Florida State to change the signals, especially when they have a former staff member on the opposing sideline.

The towels obviously helped too, as the Seminoles stormed back to win 34-31.

highstick
    Participant

They had a FISA warrant…perfectly legal!

Plus it’s not hard to figure out “Bro, go long”!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

wilmwolf80
    Participant

How to put this delicately….having heard Mr. Winston speak, I am confident that none of the signals they use could be very complicated.

highstick
    Participant

Thus, “Bro go long”…You got it, Wilm!!

Hope none of you take this as a racist comment, because the check off was “Honky, go short”!

highstick
    Participant

I apologize, but a bud and I have been sharing that “inside joke” for years…

StateFans
    Keymaster

I must admit that Jameis Winston sounds like he should be enrolled at UNC.

TheCOWDOG

Ya know, FSU folks are rightfully stoked about winning the Natty, but dontcha think somewhere in the back of their heads…

“Hey Coach!”
    “Yeah, Kelvin?”
    “Remember that guy that gave us hand signals last year?”
    “?”
    “Well I think he’s here …like, over there, tonight. “

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.