WakeGate: Louisville Steals WF Playbook

Home Forums StateFans Football WakeGate: Louisville Steals WF Playbook

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

WRAL is reporting an ACC investigation into possible stealing or inside knowledge by Louisville Cards and Coach Petrino on WF game plan this past Saturday. According to story, after the game, someone on Wake Forest football staff found copies of game day play book against the Cards inside the locker room and/or sidelines. Wake Coach said they were not old play book copies because it included three new plays that was designed just days prior for the game. Three plays that only someone on the Wake staff would or should have had access to.

Very interesting see what comes of this. Wake Gate

BassPacker
    Participant
    TheCOWDOG

If Wake got sloppy…Shame on them.

If Louisville precipitated this…May they burn in CF hell.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Johnny Swofford will take care of this decently and in good order.

You think?

—————

Remember…
    Wake was leading the game 12 – 10 going into the 4th quarter….

then the Cards scored THIRTY FOUR points to win 44-12.

Tin Foil Hat guys gonna go crazy over this one!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Johnny Swofford will take care of this decently and in good order.

You think?

—————

Remember…
    Wake was leading the game 12 – 10 going into the 4th quarter….

then the Cards scored THIRTY FOUR points to win 44-12.

Tin Foil Hat guys gonna go crazy over this one!

Louiville wears red, good as dead.

McCallum
    Participant

Just win baby-Al Davis

McCallum

PackerInRussia
    Participant

If Louisville precipitated this…May they burn in CF hell.

And verily it came to pass

MrPlywood
    Participant

#wakeyleaks

tractor57
    Participant

After tonight …

pakfanistan
    Participant

Wake Forest announced that football radio announcer Tommy Elrod—a former player and coach at the school—was fired from his position and banned from athletic facilities, after it was discovered that Elrod has been giving or attempting to give game prep materials to opposing teams for at least two years.

http://deadspin.com/wake-forest-radio-announcer-fired-for-giving-game-prep-1790070897

Judas

Pack78
    Participant

This lowlife ba$tard must have been in serious need of cash-drugs, gambling habit? Article states ‘giving away’ the info, but that would indicate a major drive to hurt WF FB-to what end? GOTT to be more to this story…

MrPlywood
    Participant

The spread was L’ville -34.5. Hmmmmm.

TheCOWDOG

I said sloppy on Wake.

FBI needs a little tap on the shoulder, considering those of us that enjoy gaming pleasures, may have a modicum of trust through our local bookies.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The there’s the question of who was on the receiving end.

TheCOWDOG

That’s what I mean, Ply. There should be legs to this.

You know…the underbelly of crime and corruption…

choppack1
    Participant

It should be checked out, but the guy worked for the friggin radio broadcast for them. I guess it’s easy enough to see whom he gave the info to and who covered…he may have done stuff electronically – not old school – and electronics yield one nasty paper trail.

Shocking to see a guy with his family at midfield of his alma mater. If it’s not an addiction issue, he is one of the more bitter actors I have seen. A team like wake can’t afford to give away its secrets.

Adventuroo
    Participant

OK,

Lets (TINFOIL ALERT), ESCALATE THIS…..

Maybe there is a Media RICO syndicate….like supposedly existed during the last casting of ballots.

Did Gary, Tony, Johnny or Mark GIVE AWAY our trade secrets? That WOULD explain why we got our butts kicked in Petrinoville.

Maybe there was a passing of info to BC?

And of COURSE, it happened in the Klumpsom game. The secret there….”Tie and call TO and ICE (Jinx) the FG laddie…”

THAT one tidbit probably cost a lot of sheckles….

This must be investigated by a blue ribbon (and that would make it “legitimate”) panel. I call on Jill Stein and John Podesta to join the rallying cry….Chuck Schummer and Paul Ryan need to start holding hearing immediately. I WOULD suggest that soon-to-be coronated Roy Cooper wade in, but he is too busy with his lawsuits about passing out $$ to Non-Profits that then funded advertising for his campaign….

Maybe Patty can get the NC GA, since they are in session (and lock up your daughters in the Raleigh area…). THEY should take this up.

We need to find out WHY our media has “sold us out”….NOW we know why Mark gets “miked up” for his segments. He has a secret code that he his broadcasting and it is being used by our opponents.

We have to NIP IT IN THE BUD, lest we be embarrassed in Shreveport.

On a similar note….NOT REALLY….

Matt (we fired him) Canada is agoing to LSU….

In Canada, LSU would get a seasoned offensive coordinator who in his first year at Pittsburgh this season shaped the Panthers into the highest-scoring offense in school history. They averaged 42.3 points a game, ranking 10th nationally, and were the only team to beat Clemson, scoring 43 points in that victory. Pitt capped the year scoring 56 and 76 points on Duke and Syracuse, respectively.

Canada was one of five finalists this year for the Frank Broyles Award, given to the nation’s best assistant coach.

Pitt players raved about Canada’s coaching style and creativity. He’s not afraid of trick plays, either. For example, one Pitt offensive lineman has scored two touchdowns this year, and his tackles routinely shift before the snap, swapping sides.

Canada holds a physical philosophy in running the football, but he uses misdirection, shifts and motions out of various formations to employ a power ground attack — similar to concepts that Ensminger employed this season. Canada described his offense in the same way Orgeron this season described the offense Ensminger ran after replacing the fired Cam Cameron four games into this season.

“We run the same plays over and over, just with different variations, from different formations,” Canada said. “People always ask, ‘What kind of offense do you have?’ ‘An offense that scores points.’ That’s what I tell them.”

BassPacker
    Participant

Shocking news on WHO was leaking the game info. I’m with most here, there has got to be a good reason a past student athlete, former coach and current radio game announcer would do this. The plot thickens as it will grow legs. Bet there are some “other” participates and inside traders sweating bullets right now if he rats them out to save his soul. This one will be as a good movie as it plays out. Get your popcorn. “The Wolf of Wake Forest” is about to start.

Pack1997
    Participant

Folks here in Winston are shocked. He coached under Grobe, and apparently was not retained by the new staff when Clausen came in. My guess is there was or is some serious bad blood there and he wanted to make the coach look bad. Question is how does something like this happen for 2 years, with no one else knowing, or another team not reporting it to Wake.

choppack1
    Participant

And this is where it gets interesting. Who was on the receiving end of this? If DD was a benefactor does this taint a third of his conference wins? Does it diminish “the character quotient”?

Hopefully, he is not on the benefactor list. He has done well vs the cuse and pretty good vs the heels. So, it’s not fair to think that this is the only reason they won or asterisk those.

I am only saying what I suspect most of us are thinking:
    How does this impact Nc state.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The good Baptists all will confess and ask for forgiveness….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    PackofMac
    Participant

I’m also in Winston and those “folks” are probably more shocked Wake has a team considering about 2500 attend on Saturdays. Anyway, talk about a gift no one wants! Jesus, makes black socks and fruit cakes seem like a great gift!!!

MrPlywood
    Participant

if he rats them out to save his soul

Save his ass maybe. His soul is going to need some work.

Greywolf
    Participant

This guy was co-coordinator for pass offense or something like that. The other co-coordinator coaches at L’ville.

Greywolf
    Participant

L’ville has admitted that Galloway and Elrod talked during the week of the Wake-L’ville game and information was passed on to the defensive staff. L’ville calls it “undue” attention on their program at a time they are preparing for their bowl game.

Army is next.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.