UNX Response

Home Forums All StateFansNation UNX Response

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Was their response a joke? The NCAA has no authority and basically they told them to stuff it? I hope the NCAA calls their bluff and makes the punishment even more severe. Of course, we all predicted their response would be deny deny deny and deflect deflect and point fingers at others. What a complete joke.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Had to buy one new TV this week due to lightning.
    Almost had to buy a 2nd one last night when the interviewee tar hole student said, and I quote…
    “The NCAA is picking on us because of our prestige”.

I’ve literally never wanted to drive and murder someone any more than in that moment.
    She probably can’t even spell arrogance, let alone understand that it defines her.

F-ck them.

Pack78
    Participant

With a few exceptions (lionizing Friday and propagating the myth that unx has had integrity at some point in the last 80 or so years) good assessment from the DBR:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2016/8/3/12366264/unc-scandal-update—the-descent-continues-and-accelerates

Gowolves
    Participant

I have said before this is the beginning of the end of the NCAA. At least the version we are familiar with. I NEVER would have said this before but if this is what it takes to compete then cheat your ass off Yow! If you are not willing to do that, which I would have no problem with if that was the decision, then do not play them anymore. This is one giant middle finger to the NCAA.

LRM
    Keymaster

Note they aren’t denying wrongdoing — just denying accountability. That’s the hallmark of the giant hollow lie that is The Carolina Way.

redisgood
    Participant

If UNC’s approach to this works, they will have have developed a blueprint for all schools to successfully cheat. Simply ensure you don’t involve just athletes in your scheme. Open it up to the whole student body. It then becomes an academic issue, not an NCAA issue. Pretty tricky.

Rick
    Keymaster

I never believed UNC would be punished. The NCAA is a fraud. My desire to care about college sports is at an all time low. If there is not an even playing field why bother?

gso packbacker
    Participant

Wow, just wow! No words

Wolfanatic
    Participant

ncsu1987
    Participant

Overall, this was a predictable outcome based on the revised NOA, but I have to say the tone and contents of the response took my breath away. Boiling it all down, this response contains two essential messages: “Hey, NCAA: yeah, we cheated, but we cleverly stayed outside your jurisdiction, so f*ck you. And for the rest of y’all out there, the NCAA is our bitch, especially their cute, little legal team, bless their hearts, so f*ck you, too.”

It’s been said many times before, but the one overarching principle at work here is that the NCAA’s model relies on academic institutions performing as such with integrity. Twenty years of academic fraud cannot be prosecuted if the institution doesn’t recognize the fraud, and doesn’t self-report it. I’ve continued to think that because of the SACS response (where Folt actually admitted fraud, actually used the word), the NCAA had a wedge under the door. Based on this response, following the years of back-and-forth, the NCAA is cowering under UNC’s whip, and my hope pretty much lies in ashes.

I started by saying the response contained two messages, but that’s over-complicating the picture. There’s only one message: “f*ck you!” It just happens to be addressed to two groups: the NCAA, and all the other member institutions.

The NCAA is on the clock. Despite all signs, the COI can completely ignore UNC’s response and do the right thing. My intuition now says they won’t.

After the NCAA rules, the other member institutions will be on the clock. They will have the opportunity to respond to both UNC and the NCAA. Will they do the right thing? My intuition asks: “when have they ever?”

triadwolf
    Participant

If UNC is admitting these classes were fraudulent, then logic dictates that the grades should be also. At the very least this should make players that took the classes ineligible and wins (& pseudo-championships) should be vacated. This should also impact the APR retroactively and result in penalties. There are ways to punish them by playing their own game if the NCAA really wants to; but do they…

choppack1
    Participant

We will continue to take our sheckles. Look for Yurt to skate through the eligibility process without issue. We will continue to get those bids every time we end up on the NCAA bubble. We will get some decent bowl games.

I would be extremely proud of my alma mater if we announced that we would no longer play UNC due to their admitted academic fraud and failure to do anything about it.

However, the signals from our adminstration seem to indicate an acceptance of the status quo. And if our hands are dirty too, well what else can you expect our “leaders” to do. (I am not saying they are.)

MrPlywood
    Participant

If UNC is admitting these classes were fraudulent, then logic dictates that the grades should be also.

You would think. But their convoluted logic would be / is something along the lines of “but the athletic side trusted that the academic side was in good standing, and therefore should not be held accountable”. The whole NCAA house of cards is about to fall down. Why even continue the sham of examining a recruit’s high school grades or SAT scores? Does that matter any more?

There’s only one message: “f*ck you!” It just happens to be addressed to two groups: the NCAA, and all the other member institutions.

Yep. Except that it’s “F*CK YOU!”

Adventuroo
    Participant

Clint Eastwood summed it up today. We have raised a Pussy Generation that is SO PC that they want an apology for the salad that they ordered last week and did not like.

It is truly amazing that the rank and file UNC (fan, student, Walmart employee, etc) can still purchase UNC Gear.

It is ALSO amazing that the same motley crew from UNC that will hold a mass vigil complete with self lighting and self extinguishing flames (on cue from the guitar strings of Cum-Bi-Yaw) does not rise up against the great injustice and fraud that has and will so greatly tarnish their Libitard Diplomas. WHERE oh WHERE, is the moral and ethical outrage?

Where is the little blue Smurfette, Carol (look at my NEW UNC accessories) Folt?

I think that Mrs. Margaret Spellings and the UNC BOG (that is NOT the UNC – CH BOT) should take up the charge and make some sweeping changes at UNC….like Moving OUT and locating it on Wade Avenue….and THEN start firing ICBM’s with Nuke warheads towards CH land. JUST KIDDING…but some penalties such as barring UNC from participating and also cutting off Schollies for a few years might help.

The greatest injustice of this will be the public lynching of Sylvia Hatchell. I never thought that I would defend a UNC coach, but she is being prepped (as in for a colonoscopy) as the FALL PERSON or the Person most likely to be found under the UNC Faculty Senate AD committe’s Prius…

Totally expected some BS response…and you GOT to give them credit for creativity.

NOW, if we could only get the current resident of the large public housing complex at 1600 PA Avenue in Downtown (and UNSAFE) DC to actually ADMIT that he made a mistake….every so tiny….

At least UNC said. YEP, we did it. BUT, you do NOT have the authority to punish us.

Clint may be right….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.