U.S. Patent Office cancels Redskins trademark registration

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk U.S. Patent Office cancels Redskins trademark registration

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 438 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

I find it highly comical that a poster who states he does not care if he is offensive cares so much that other are offended by a football team name.

I find it sad that a poster who thinks so highly of himself struggles so mightily with reading comprehension 🙁

It OK, don’t be cry.

Rick
    Keymaster

I find it highly comical that a poster who states he does not care if he is offensive cares so much that other are offended by a football team name.

I find it sad that a poster who thinks so highly of himself struggles so mightily with reading comprehension :(

It OK, don’t be cry.

Oh I can read.
    Between the lines and everything.
    I guess we are supposed to REALLY believe you care so much about a trademark. snort

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’ve already laid out my position in terms so simple a child could understand it. Since you continue to reference things I haven’t said, I am forced to conclude you can’t actually comprehend basic English.

Heck, I even responded directly to you with the three things I’m saying, and you’re STILL getting it wrong.

Do I need to draw some pictures for you? I’m not a very good artist, but I think I can get the point across.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I think I just figured out why you have so much trouble with my posts.

You’re reading between the lines. See, we have this thing called an alphabet. The alphabet uses what we call letters to represent basic sounds. Then, we can take those ‘letters’ and arrange them to create ‘words’. Words are collections of letters that are used to represent an idea. Then, you can take those words and arrange them into ‘sentences’ which give additional meaning. Crazy right?

So, I think the biggest thing that would help you, is stop looking at the spaces between the lines, and start paying attention to the words and sentences. I bet once you get the hang of that, you can move up to Dick and Jane books, and then maybe some Hardy Boys (or Nancy Drew, which I suspect is more your thing). With enough practice, you’ll finally be able to understand my posts.

Wulfpack
    Participant

With enough practice, you’ll finally be able to understand my posts.

Any tips on how to understand COWDOG? Would a little Swahili at UNC do the trick? I’ll try anything at this point.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I could have it wrong, but CD seems to operate off of questions, metaphors, obscure references, and semi indirect statements that require a little thought to grasp the point.

The most relevant example I can think of for semi-indirect statement is when he suggested StateFansNation drop the e. Really, that’s a very direct statement, but I don’t think some people got it.

And if you don’t get the references, you’re doomed. 90% of his posts I don’t understand have a reference I don’t understand.

What do I know though, you might be able to put his posts through a CD decoder ring and get out, “Be sure to drink your ovaltine.”

Rick
    Keymaster

Yup, Mr Politically Correct boy loves to be offensive, well except for football team names.

Maybe you should take three straight posts this time to explain your hypocrisy.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Yup, Mr Politically Correct boy loves to be offensive, well except for football team names.

Maybe you should take three straight posts this time to explain your hypocrisy.

You’re boring. You bore me.

Rick
    Keymaster

Packfanistan is out protesting the Apache helicopters as he has determined they are offensive.

Gotta be PC

TheCOWDOG

“Be sure to drink your Olvaltine.”

LOL, Paki. Fortunately there are enough smart guys/gals left in here that would get that message.

Makes it worthwhile to keep returning.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Rick speaks.

I’ll give you $10 (or the equivalent) if you can accurately summarize my position.

Here’s a hint to get you started, there should be three.

I have a sneaking suspicion that $10 would be less safe if I put it in the bank.

Rick
    Keymaster

Washington Times says

“The recent decision by an obscure administrative law board to cancel the Washington Redskins‘ trademark registrations came despite the fact the agency hadn’t received a single letter from a member of the public complaining about the team’s name, records show.”

So no one complained yet the government decides there was a problem. Multiple PC wackos then jump on board and claim its offensive.

Rick
    Keymaster

Pakfanistan,
    You better save that $10 for your next hippy protest. You might need to buy some soap or something.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Pakfanistan,<br>
    You better save that $10 for your next hippy protest. You might need to buy some soap or something.

Dear Internet, I offered Rick a monetary incentive to have a real discussion and he has instead chosen to hide behind fifth grade snark.

This is a fantastic example that shows in economics people can not be counted on to act rationally.

A rational individual would have take the post where I laid out my position, paraphrased it, and collected the easy money. Rick, however…..irrational. Inflammatory.

He is the Rock of Gibraltar of stupidity, a veritable edifice of dumbassery.

Proceed at your own risk.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I would not walk up to college student, who had accepted funds from UNCF, and call them a negro, but I have no problem with that organization using that name. I would not walk up to a black soldier serving in the USA military and call him a buffalo soldier, although I honor the memory of Private John Randall and many other black people who have served in the armed forces of the USA.

I would not walk up to a Native American and call them a Redskin, but I don’t see a problem with an NFL team using the term.

pakfanistan
    Participant

There’s a difference between asking should they be allowed to use it, vs. should they be allowed to trademark it.

Here is the link to the TTAB opinion if anyone wants to check it out.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Any tips on how to understand COWDOG? Would a little Swahili at UNC do the trick? I’ll try anything at this point.

CD has occasionally given me credit for correctly reading his lingo.

I think the key is, at least in my case, is already sharing, or at least being familiar with and understanding, the basic perspective and idea behind the post.

I understand his post because I’m already thinking the same thing, or have experienced, or have at least considered, the message he’s conveying. I could be wrong, but from one convo with him, I think we may have had similiar upbringings, or at least fathers with similiar experiences and outlooks. That might be part of it.

So I think I have a sort of Rosetta stone. Without it, I’d be lost.

Apologies ‘DOG, per the thought comparison. 🙂 I know we part ways on certain subjects, but for the most part, you provide a good validation check.

TheCOWDOG

^
    …And if ‘foose gets lost, never fear. Just wait for Lil’Rickey to quote me out of the blue, tell us all what I am thinking, flip it on its head…and voila.

ancsu87
    Participant

Pakfanistan:
    Again, what are you talking about?
    Who said Fighting Sioux is offensive?
    I can’t find anything on the Fighting Christians, other than they changed their name. There was one reference to changing demographics at the school.
    Ol’Miss, debatable, and depends on your opinion of the reason for the civil war.
    Who has ever claimed ‘Warriors’ is offensive? Why does the word warrior refer to Native Americans? Is the Wounded Warrior project a Native American organization?
    What are you talking about?

The fact that you don’t know about any of these stupid name changes shows you have no real interest in Native Americans or the issue but rather are just a shrill for the adminstration as this was one of several recent “decisions and releases” to cloud and cover over the possiblity that people might start asking real Watergate type questions about the IRS investigation. This country has so lost its way to critical thinking and “trust but verify”. We now accept that our president resorts to open mockery and flat out “asshole” behavior to those who disagree with him all the while refusing to work together to develop compromise because he has people like pakfanistan out there to be as offensive as hell to those who dare to have a different viewpoint all the while calling that said viewpoint offensive.

Rick
    Keymaster

He is the Rock of Gibraltar of stupidity, a veritable edifice of dumbassery.

LOL
    Oh yeah you are really worried about offending people.

BTW I notice you did not even remark on the fact that no one even complained about the name. The government did it on its own. I am not shocked. I am sure you have prepared some more clever names as per your MO.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Just out of curiosity, did you read (or even glance at)the TTAB opinion I posted before you typed out that screed?

You’re another butt hurt conservative talk radio parrot who has decided that since I haven’t jumped on the grrr first amendment Obama is the worst open carry in Starbucks Ayn Rand 4 Lyfe bandwagon that I must be a brainwashed liberal.

pakfanistan
    Participant

BTW I notice you did not even remark on the fact that no one even complained about the name. The government did it on its own. I am not shocked. I am sure you have prepared some more clever names as per your MO.

Did you read the TTAB opinion O Enlightened One? I can tell that you haven’t.

ancsu87
    Participant

You’re another butt hurt conservative talk radio parrot who has decided that since I haven’t jumped on the grrr first amendment Obama is the worst open carry in Starbucks Ayn Rand 4 Lyfe bandwagon that I must be a brainwashed liberal.

This is the problem with you …. you took my critcal assessment of the adminstration (and your defending of it) as meaning I am a hard core conservative who wants to carry guns to Starbucks and is racist. You are far from the truth. I just happen to like the truth, hate liars and especially hate being successful and intelligent but having someone at the POTUS level always speak down to me and tell me why I should not care that he is dishonest and does whatever he thinks he should regardless of 48-52% of the country’s wishes depending on what issue you are discussing.

I most certianly did read the TTAB. What is your point? Am I supposed to magically understand how a politically motivated PC ruling makes sense from reading it? I am supposed to magically agree with your viewpoint even though a unbiased review of both sides of the discussion could allow one to reach the conclusion this was government overreach.

If you want to pretend you are smarter than others and conclude that any who disagree with the administration are hard core conservatives who hate American then be my guest. I can’t keep you from being too stupid to realize there are two valid sides to most issues and that when you incorporate both sides into a solution it is usally better than a one-sided viewpoint. However you and this administration seems to miss the civic lessons in high school that explained how a democaracy worked.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I most certianly did read the TTAB. What is your point? Am I supposed to magically understand how a politically motivated PC ruling makes sense from reading it? I am supposed to magically agree with your viewpoint even though a unbiased review of both sides of the discussion could allow one to reach the conclusion this was government overreach.

So, first, yes, if you read the TTAB, you can see how they came to that conclusion. I would be interested in hearing specifically which points of their logic you disagree with.

Also, it’s loltastic that an “unbiased review of both sides” would inevitably lead to your conclusion.

Lastly, do you know what my viewpoint is? Can you state it in three sentences for me?

YogiNC
    Participant

pakfanistan, I am so sick of hearing your liberal biased drivel. NO ONE dares to have an opposing view lest they be stupid, ignorant conservatives. Tell you what I’ll match you in an IQ contest and spot you 40 points. And I too am sick and tired of a president (lower case on purpose) that lies and talks down to me. He will become known as the worst president in history, yes even worse than James Buchanan (who beats carter by a long shot).

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 438 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.