U.S. Patent Office cancels Redskins trademark registration

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk U.S. Patent Office cancels Redskins trademark registration

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 438 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Don’t forget about the potato offenders.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

‘foose… you mean like these….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    StateRed44
    Participant

now I want to eat redskins, great

Fastback68
    Participant

Of course some of us are bored —-less. I’m watching reruns of Archer whose writers must be drooling over discussing the new ISIS tearing the —- out of Iraq right now. They came over on potato boats. Rampage.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

StateRed44… try these politically incorrect GOOBERS ….

… some of the rest of you try HULU && NETFLIX… for your summer TV fix….

My kids GOTT me plugged into that….
    I’m kinda digging…
    Blacklist
    Longmire
    Damages

and there was a better than average movie “Emperor” on last week re: MacArthur in post-war 1945 Tokyo….

Wufpacker
    Participant

Longmire is one I’ve been meaning to give a try out. Have heard good things.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

wuf… Longmire is the best (only) cowboy show in years…
    and sort of like…. LJ Gibbs & company Go West….
    and the scenery in Wyoming is awesome….

… put House of Cards on that list…too….
    I’m pretty sure some of PC crowd would really enjoy meeting slick, crooked Frank Underwood…. He talks like Mr. HighStick… also from South Carolina…

Now for ya’ll peanut lovers…

tjfoose1
    Participant

So how do we go about getting Planters to change their racially insensitive name? It’s long past due.

Wufpacker
    Participant

bill, agreed about Frank Underwood. Can’t wait for season three.

I have the good judgement of BJD to thank for turning me onto House of Cards, which I devoured binge style in a matter of a few days.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… yep… in that lintheadredneckcountryboygonetowashington … much like the shepardboyKingDavid and other notables… we find the ‘best of man’ and the ‘worst of man’ all rolled into one body….

which may or may not make one look in the mirror and think…
    ——————–

‘foose … answer to your question is …. let’s head on down to LA… for this

The National Peanut Festival

tjfoose1
    Participant

And it continues.

Acts of honor and respect turned into slurs by the PC left.

Imagine how disrespected the families of individuals must feel when specific ships are named: USS Nimitz, USS Reagan, etc. What a disgrace.

In then United States today, the namesApache, Comanche, Chinook, Lakota, Cheyenne and Kiowa apply not only to Indian tribes but also to military helicopters. Add in the Black Hawk, named for a leader of the Sauk tribe. Then there is the Tomahawk, a low-altitude missile, and a drone named for an Indian chief, Gray Eagle. Operation Geronimo was the end of Osama bin Laden.

redcanine
    Participant

Great dig, foose.

Now we need a grenade that we can call “redskin” and be done with this nonsense.

pakfanistan
    Participant

What are you even talking about?

Has anyone complained about any of those things?

It’s hilarious that you think “Redskins” is a term of honor and respect, when we’ve already established no one would use it to refer to a Native American person.

And yes, the name “Redskins” does refer to Native American people.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I wonder if someone can name a wholesome American thing that has been taken away because of the loony bin PC leftist secular marxist regime.

redcanine
    Participant

^Freedom Fries. Lol. Not sure who was responsible for that one.

tjfoose1
    Participant

So the UND Fighting Sioux is offensive because it degrades its namesake, the Sioux, and Native American in general.

But the Elon Fighting Christians was offensive because it exalted its namesake, and was thus insensitive to non Christians.

Just like the Ole Miss Rebels was offensive because it paid homage to its namesake, and thus, the confederacy, and thus slavery. Had to go 3 degrees on that one.

While any team named Warriors disparages its namesake, and thus indirectly, native Americans.

Got it?

So was Paul Brown insult himself when he named the Cleveland Browns?

I know Bob Johnson did, when he named his NBA franchise after himself. But I don’t think that was intentional.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I wonder if someone can name a wholesome American thing that has been taken away because of the loony bin PC leftist secular marxist regime.

The American Flag. Schools, houses, Fire Stations, uniforms, municipal locations, etc all across the country.

And you still haven’t changed your ethnically offensive username so you have zero credibility in this discussion.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Inform yourself a lil more then come back.

Simon Waxman has an entire article complaining about it in the Washington Post.

The Link didn’t save.

tjfoose1
    Participant
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Again, what are you talking about?

Who said Fighting Sioux is offensive?

I can’t find anything on the Fighting Christians, other than they changed their name. There was one reference to changing demographics at the school.

Ol’Miss, debatable, and depends on your opinion of the reason for the civil war.

Who has ever claimed ‘Warriors’ is offensive? Why does the word warrior refer to Native Americans? Is the Wounded Warrior project a Native American organization?

Has anybody ever complained that people using their own given names is offensive? Ever? In the history of the world?

What are you talking about?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Inform yourself a lil more then come back.

You made the claim, it’s your responsibility to provide the supporting evidence.

While we’re at it, has the trademark been revoked on any of these things? Because that’s all that happened here.

tjfoose1
    Participant

It’s hilarious that you think “Redskins” is a term of honor and respect

Show me where I wrote that.

pakfanistan
    Participant

The American Flag. Schools, houses, Fire Stations, uniforms, municipal locations, etc all across the country.

And you still haven’t changed your ethnically offensive username so you have zero credibility in this discussion.

The commies took the American flag away??? Those bastards!

Can you name some of these schools, houses, fire stations, uniforms, and municipal locations ‘all across the country’ that were taken away because they were offensive?

When the trademark on my username gets revoked, I’ll let you know.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Show me where I wrote that.

PS: Dietz’s Native American heritage is now under question, but yes, the intent of the name was to honor him and his claimed heritage.

In conjunction with

And it continues.
    Acts of honor and respect turned into slurs by the PC left.

We were taking about the Redskins, you posted the above, which indicates you think ‘redskin’ represents honor and respect.

tjfoose1
    Participant

It’s hilarious that you think “Redskins” is a term of honor and respect

Hello? McFly? Show me where I wrote that’s what I think.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 438 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.